Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

goodgolly

Monster high

goodgolly

Hello all!

I was just wondering if anyone else collects monster high? I'd love to see everyone's collections and talk about the cutest ghouls in school

Oni-Chan

I got suckered in ^-^ "just one" has become 25, with more on the way XD I'll share some pics later

I have more dollfies than my age in years *×*

goodgolly

Haha I'm the same way! I was able to stay with three for a while, but now I'm up to almost 70! No idea how that happened....

baldylox
Haha I'm the same way! I was able to stay with three for a while, but now I'm up to almost 70! No idea how that happened....

No idea? Really? I think you know EXACTLY why you went from 3 to 67 so quickly.... you moved in with one of THE biggest enablers in the doll hobby! I do my job well.

Billy

I gave up counting the girls I own, they keep multiplying and won't stop.

Demi111

I love monster high I have some dolls, but I never let them out if the boxes much. But I watched all the Monster High shows and movies

baldylox

I'm trying to make Goodgolly take some pics to share here of her massive collection. I say massive because she's now got over 70 of the little buggers! They're taking over the bookshelves in the craft room!

I'll see if she'll share some shots of them soon.

Billy

Turre

I have 6 Monsters. I´m gladly choosy, becouse doll vitrine is so overpopulation allready.

But they are great! I´m sad becouse we don´t have dolls like that when I was child. I was more like monstertypegirl like princessdollgirl.

Ravendruid

SisterKyoya has 3 or four, I think, although there could be one or two I'm forgetting. I Yuriko has 3, whom she refers to as her "harem" (although I'm not convinced that she quite understands the full meaning of the word). They're fun, but I wish it was easier to find more of the outfits separately from the dolls.

Daddy of: Yuriko, Sohi, Miku and SK's many kids

12437295384_b307eb5ce8.jpg

Coco

Heheh, it seems like Fall and Winter resparked my interest in Monster High dolls. My fiance picked up Neighthan Rot for my the other day because I'd never seen him before. He's kind of cool! He'll be staying in his package until I can sort out a shelf or something to put my current collection on. Also, he's staying in package because Al heard "never seen him before" and told me I couldn't open him yet, in case we could find somewhere to resell him for more. We'll just be waiting for that shelf.

I do have a few girls though, I love how cute they are. At some point, I'd like to get some nice Etsy outfits for some of my favorites.

goodgolly
Heheh, it seems like Fall and Winter resparked my interest in Monster High dolls. My fiance picked up Neighthan Rot for my the other day because I'd never seen him before. He's kind of cool! He'll be staying in his package until I can sort out a shelf or something to put my current collection on. Also, he's staying in package because Al heard "never seen him before" and told me I couldn't open him yet, in case we could find somewhere to resell him for more. We'll just be waiting for that shelf.

I do have a few girls though, I love how cute they are. At some point, I'd like to get some nice Etsy outfits for some of my favorites.

Yes, I love some of the Etsy items you can get! I especially love Haunt Couture, their stuff fits so well and looks good on lots of different girls.

Coco

I think I will have to give them a try next time I have some free money. I have a couple girls that need clothes to wear, especially shoes. Have they released a separate shoe pack? Man, I need shoes too. Those Create a Monster packs are so cute, but they leave you with two monsters and only one monster's worth of things to wear.

goodgolly

Nope, no shoe packs Though they did release a line called "I Shoes" that has Cleo and Draculaura with an outfit plus two extra pairs of shoes. The ongoing "I Fashion" sets also have spare clothing and shoes. They also had some separate fashion packs for a bit, but the clothes outnumber the shoes haha.

Don't get me started on those CaM things, haha. I have quite a few, and a few of the packs that didn't even include the torso, just the add-on items. Then I didn't even realize that Mattel offered a 5-pack of torsos, but of course now I can't get it without paying ridiculous secondhand prices, haha. Some of the monsters are super cool, but it's a shame that they look all patchwork, lol.

Amara77

Ugh Ya the early CAM with one torso and one wig!

Those really pissed me off!

There is a shop on ebay that sells different pieces for a decent price. I've been eyeballing some shoes....

http://amara77.wordpress.com blog and shop

Spoke too soon....

Coco

Homan, does anyone have a Gilda from Target's last multi-pack? She's so cute! I'd ask the fiance, but he's just as broke as I am.

Pullasuttu

I have been wanting one for aaaaages and finally manage to find one secondhand (for some reason 200€ is cheap cheap cheap need to buy it when it comes any other doll, but 25€ for MH is way too much for me! :''D).

Got Lagoona yesterday and well.. She was in ummmm very interesting condition haha. So I already cleaned her make up and hopefully will be able to start re-doing her face soon!

Home:

16715036352_e4fb88e1e7_s.jpgWillow

Sariachan

So Mattel are releasing a series of 17" (43cm) MH dolls, out in October (in the US at least), which includes Frankie, Draculaura and Clawdeen... they're gorgeous. I'm not 100% happy with Draculaura's faceup, but Frankie looks like perfection. They're also releasing a new 17" character in their Freak du Chic line, Gooliope Jellington - a giant blob girl. I think I need all of them. If they release a Cleo my wallet is doomed.

Anyone else tempted?

10986073_939487896069775_1222116635_n.jpg

goodgolly

Pullasuttu, congrats on getting a secondhand girl! I agree that sometimes the condition is a little worse for wear, but usually it's nothing that a magic eraser and a quick stop on Mattel's replacement parts website can't fix

Sariachan, I want Gooliope so badly! I love the box packaging they did for her...

tumblr_njtngzo3AC1qdfd5vo1_540.png

I'm gonna try to hold off on the originals for right now, but if it becomes an expanded line, I have no idea if my wallet will be able to resist!

Sariachan

She's so cute! The entire Freak du Chic line looks amazing, and I'm really in love with Jinafire. I need all the girls, even Rochelle - though I know she's going to leave my wallet empty. ;A; At least we're getting another Scarah!

Boo York Nefera and Cleo also look stunning... I'm sure as soon as I see the rest of the girls in person I'll end up falling in love with them.

..And I still need to get some of the Haunted and Gloom and Bloom line. MH dolls are so expensive in the UK ;__;

Conuresans
So Mattel are releasing a series of 17" (43cm) MH dolls, out in October (in the US at least), which includes Frankie, Draculaura and Clawdeen... they're gorgeous. I'm not 100% happy with Draculaura's faceup, but Frankie looks like perfection. They're also releasing a new 17" character in their Freak du Chic line, Gooliope Jellington - a giant blob girl. I think I need all of them. If they release a Cleo my wallet is doomed.

Anyone else tempted?

10986073_939487896069775_1222116635_n.jpg

I'm tempted. I haven't gotten any recently because I kinda didn't see my interest in it anymore, but I happened upon the 17" series on tumblr and I kinda feel like I'm gonna need Clawdeen and Draculaura... Although, I agree, if they release a Cleo... I'm gonna cave. [Especially if they do it like the original basic where she went with Deuce... Although, the guys would be like 18-20", probably because of the original height differences.]

Home: Melt (DDH-09), Kano (Iris Collect), Kirika, Y'Shtola, Suzune (Iris Collect Petite)

Lore

Does anyone have any of the new 17" and 28" girls to show us? I'm curious how they turned out because I saw these giant 28" dolls in Walmart the other day and it stunned me. Enormous!

At Home:

DD Snow Miku, DD Luka, DDS Makoto, DD Airy, DDS KizunaAI

baldylox
Does anyone have any of the new 17" and 28" girls to show us? I'm curious how they turned out because I saw these giant 28" dolls in Walmart the other day and it stunned me. Enormous!

I have the 17 inch Draculaura and I really like how she looks. She's fully articulated and has double joints at the knees and elbows to give her great posability. Her face is spot on with the normal sized version and so are her clothes. I've seen the Frankie and Clawdeen and I want to get Clawdeen for sure. I don't have any shots of Draculaura right now but I can take some if you want.

As for those giant 28 inch ones, they have one HUGE drawback... their knees are NOT articulated! The mold has the joints showing but they DO NOT work! It's so annoying to see that! So the big girls can't sit down without their legs sticking straight out the front..... Why they decided to not articulate the knees is beyond me. If they had, my GF would have one of those big ones already. The concept is cool and the accessories are neat but the lack of knee bendability is just so off-putting to me and my GF that she won't buy one. It seems many others online agree and are making a big stink about it.

Billy

K-2
As for those giant 28 inch ones, they have one HUGE drawback... their knees are NOT articulated!

What?!

MVSig.jpg

Lore
As for those giant 28 inch ones, they have one HUGE drawback... their knees are NOT articulated! The mold has the joints showing but they DO NOT work!

That is quite possibly the stupidest thing a toy company has ever done! Well I read from someone's comments on a YouTube review that Mattel doesn't make these giant 28". They passed the project onto a 3rd party called Just Play(?) who made them. Not sure how accurate that is, but it's worth noting. Considering this is one of their premier trademark names you'd think they would've made sure the 3rd party stayed true to the dolls articulation. And if they didn't use a 3rd party then there's just no excuse for being LAZY on their part.

I completely agree with your girlfriend Baldy about not wanting to buy one specifically for that purpose. It totally ruins the full potential these dolls could've had.

Thank you for responding to my questions tho and I would love to see pics of the 17" Drac girl.

At Home:

baldylox
As for those giant 28 inch ones, they have one HUGE drawback... their knees are NOT articulated!

What?!

Yup, no articulated knees.... I saw both of these in person on Sunday at my local Walmart and I too was left wondering what the heck Mattel was thinking on that one.

That is quite possibly the stupidest thing a toy company has ever done! Well I read from someone's comments on a YouTube review that Mattel doesn't make these giant 28". They passed the project onto a 3rd party called Just Play(?) who made them. Not sure how accurate that is, but it's worth noting.

That's correct, Mattel does NOT make these big girls. The company that does also makes those fashion heads that you can do makeup on as well as redo the hair. Those heads are the same size as the 28 inch girls use.

Considering this is one of their premier trademark names you'd think they would've made sure the 3rd party stayed true to the dolls articulation. And if they didn't use a 3rd party then there's just no excuse for being LAZY on their part.

I agree completely with you on this. Why would they let these be released if they weren't as posable as the 17 inch line? It's not like anyone playing with them will ALWAYS want them standing or have the room to have those long legs sticking off a shelf somewhere. Hopefully sales will be terrible on them and Mattel will either make that 3rd party company redo the molds or just stop with them completely.

I completely agree with your girlfriend Baldy about not wanting to buy one specifically for that purpose. It totally ruins the full potential these dolls could've had.

Thank you for responding to my questions tho and I would love to see pics of the 17" Drac girl.

Yep, that's what she said too! I'll get you some shots of Draculaura by the weekend okay? Maybe some good closeups of her along with a regular sized one and an MDD for scale.

Billy

Lore

Yep, that's what she said too! I'll get you some shots of Draculaura by the weekend okay? Maybe some good closeups of her along with a regular sized one and an MDD for scale.

YAY! Can't wait to see that comparison.

At Home: