Monster high

Lore

2nd Repaint: Purrsephone

rpDb5ckm.jpgBEFORE

xe6Juwpm.jpgnLkhwXDl.jpgAFTER

At Home:

DD Snow Miku, DD Luka, DDS Makoto, DD Airy, DDS KizunaAI

AerisAquata

I've been collecting Monster High dolls longer than I've had my DD girl, hehe.

I think I've got somewhere around 20? I can't count them right now since I've got no display room for them.

It's my goal to get one of every character. I'd also really like to collect the entire Freak du Chic line.

Lore
I've been collecting Monster High dolls longer than I've had my DD girl, hehe.

I think I've got somewhere around 20? I can't count them right now since I've got no display room for them.

It's my goal to get one of every character. I'd also really like to collect the entire Freak du Chic line.

Ooo I'd love to see your collection! If you ever get time to take some pics please share.

At Home:

Lore

ZOMBIE SHAKE ROCHELLE GOYLE REPAINT

nrYO4Q3l.jpg BEFORE

8jp0heVl.jpg AFTER VT7f8yel.jpg

At Home:

baldylox
xe6Juwpm.jpgnLkhwXDl.jpgAFTER

Ahh, very nicely done! I like how she turned out. GoodGolly has one of these she took the white off the face on and left like that... I think she looks pretty neat that way too.

Wow, one of every character is a HUGE deal! There's just so many of them out there for this line. I do hope you can do it tho! As for the Freak Du Chic line, my GF was really into those and had all but 4 of them left to complete it. She asked for the rest for Christmas and got lucky enuff to get all 4 she needed. I'll have to get a shot of her completed run she put out on the shelves, it looks pretty cool with that background circus tent thing Rochelle came with.

I was at my sisters today and she finally got around to putting all of her MH girls out on display. She didn't have the shelf area beforehand but her roommate moved out and left a nice set of bookshelves behind that my sister jumped on for the girls. I took a pic on my phone, I just have to upload to Flickr so I can share it here. Becca and I have definitely enabled her with her collection, she went from zero to 71 in less than 8 months so she's hooked for sure.

Billy

I gave up counting the girls I own, they keep multiplying and won't stop.

baldylox

So here's some pics! The first one is the custom kitty girl ( I forgot which one of the twins she was ).

24022587432_ced10ac299_z.jpg2016-01-02_01-34-48 by Billy Bennett, on Flickr

Becca wiped off the white areas with something and left all the other default paint alone. I think it looks pretty nice.

Next is my sister's collection. She doesn't go online much so she's not active anywhere but she said it's fine if I share pics. She's been collecting for less than a year and now has 71 Monster High girls and a few random Brats ones. I'd say close to half of them were extras or duplicates Becca got thru various Craigslist and Ebay lots or that we found in thrift stores. Amy also got a lot of the older ones at local thrift stores and Becca helped her get clothing and shoes for those if they were missing. So we've enabled her on a LOT of these. LOL

24022594092_7cac8f7c41_z.jpg2016-01-02_01-35-16 by Billy Bennett, on Flickr

At the bottom of the picture is the car I gave her for Xmas... its from the original 80's line "Jem and the Holograms". She has 2 Jem dolls in it right now.

Billy

muzzimitsu

I do not collect monster high , I find there look very scary. >///< But I admire people they make face ups on a monster high.

Lore

@baldylox, wow that's quite a collection! without that awful white the doll does look better, so i give her a thumbs up.

btw i FINALLY got my Skull Shores black & white Frankie! it was one of the dolls I was admiring in your gf's collection.

At Home:

baldylox
@baldylox, wow that's quite a collection!

Yup, my GF and sister are big into the MH girls so there's no stopping either one of them anytime soon.

Without that awful white the doll does look better, so i give her a thumbs up.

The stock white doesn't bother me on the kitty sisters but I do like the all gray look too. I also like that you can customize these girls however you want without having to spend huge amounts of money.

btw i FINALLY got my Skull Shores black & white Frankie! it was one of the dolls I was admiring in your gf's collection.

Oh congrats! That Frankie is one of my favorites, I have one in my very small group too! I'm glad you were able to find one! Do you like the normally colored one of her? I'd like to get one of her to display next to the black and white one just for fun. My GF doesn't have the colored version either, she seems to be harder to find than the B&W version....

Billy

Lore
I also like that you can customize these girls however you want without having to spend huge amounts of money.

Do you like the normally colored one of her? I'd like to get one of her to display next to the black and white one just for fun. My GF doesn't have the colored version either, she seems to be harder to find than the B&W version....

Billy

Agreed about not having to spend huge amounts of money to customize them. They are perfect for faceup practice which is why I started collecting them. I've got over 20 to reroot and repaint now so my horde is growing.

I'm not a Frankie fan normally, but when I saw how cute she looked as a B&W character I just couldn't resist. The colored version of that same doll would be nice to have for comparison, and yes I agree about how she's harder to find. I can't seem to see that one anywhere.

At Home:

Lore

Mad Science Lagoona Repaint

SBtjA46m.jpgBEFORE

XldQmusm.jpgAFTERjKGMe1Kl.jpg

At Home:

baldylox
Does anyone have any of the new 17" and 28" girls to show us? I'm curious how they turned out because I saw these giant 28" dolls in Walmart the other day and it stunned me. Enormous!

Here's the info you asked for, sorry it's so late!

viewtopic.php?f=41&t=13827

Billy

baldylox
Mad Science Lagoona Repaint

SBtjA46m.jpgBEFORE

XldQmusm.jpgAFTERjKGMe1Kl.jpg

She turned out to be super cute! You do some excellent work! Thanks for sharing these pics with us, I love seeing them.

I took a photo of my small collection the other day and I really have no clue how I got so many of these girls! Take a look:

23954219373_3bb520f1ce_z.jpgThe MH collection today. by Billy Bennett, on Flickr

What's funny is that I've only purchased 5 or 6 of these myself.... all the others were given to me by my GF when she had duplicates or triplicates of dolls and I expressed interest in them. The 17 inch Clawdeen was a Christmas present from my Mom.

It also seems that my love of misfits and unwanted oddballs on the DD side of things has spilled over to the MH girls. I now have 3 bootleg girls on random pieces parts bodies. One is a complete Clawdeen I got from the local flea market ( third from the right in the front row in the pic above, with the blue stripe in her hair ).... she WAS on this HORRIDLY cheap blow molded body with paper thin clothes. We kept the shoddy clothing but gave her a spare parts Clawdeen body. I also have another blow molded one like that, a Draculaura, but she was missing a leg. ( Almost dead center in the pic above, standing up, 4th from the left ) Becca put her head onto a broken Draculaura body and we slipped one of those cheap blow molded legs over her broken leg so now she's at least complete. We gave her a pirate hook hand and call her Pegulaura. HAHAHAHA The last bootleg I have we just got in a lot off ebay. It was just a head but I thought she was cute so we cobbled together a Create-A-Monster body for her using MANY different colored parts. She's a technicolored wonder now! I call her Fakeulaura. ( She's on the far right, standing up with the orange stripe in her hair. )

Anyways, the little ones are fun to mess with so I'm betting more of them will find their way into my collection over time. Darn.

Billy

Lore

@Billy Thanks for the link to the latest Frightfully Tall MH line. Also your collection is great! You've got a few in there I'd like to have, but they sure add up quickly without trying too hard don't they? Pegulaura and Fakeulaura....classic!

I have more repaints I'll post in the future. Thanks for the nice comment about Lagoona.

At Home:

Lore

I have a DeviantArt page for anyone that's interested: http://sugar-glowlights.deviantart.com/

If you watch my page I'll return the favor, but please make sure to send me a message indicating you're from the DD forum.

Zombie Shake Venus McFlytrap Repaint

EowaDq1l.jpgwLcwHi8l.jpg

At Home:

baldylox

Well...... it seems I've gone and done it now.... I bought more MH girls off ebay.

I was cruising thru auctions that were ending soon and saw a group of 22 dolls that didn't have great photos shown and some of them were missing arms and hands. I asked Becca about it and she saw a few in there that she needed along with some random clothing she liked. I figured I'd throw in a last minute bid to see if I could sneak away a win and I did! I wound up getting them for $30 including shipping! No idea why it went for so cheap but I was happy about it.

They arrived and Becca and I went about fixing them up, cleaning them and setting them up. So after all that, here's what my group looks like:

25054612131_2942f2a328_z.jpgDSC_6866 by Billy Bennett, on Flickr

Here's some close ups of the bunch:

24517205814_ec0223dfc3_z.jpgDSC_6867 by Billy Bennett, on Flickr

25121524156_bbc874b8e6_z.jpgDSC_6868 by Billy Bennett, on Flickr

25029595622_28ea9c7cf7_z.jpgDSC_6869 by Billy Bennett, on Flickr

The Widowna Ryder in the photo above was a Valentines present from Becca. They went on sale at TRU so she grabbed me one since I never shut up about getting one eventually. Also, I bought the twin cat girls from a local place called "DD Discounts", they were only $15 for the Zombie Shake pairing, about half the normal price.

So there we go! From zero to crazy in just a few months. I know my MH girls aren't perfect or complete but I only keep the ones I like and then give them clothes I think are cute on them. It keeps my costs down and it's more fun for me to not worry about completing default outfits and such. So far I've spent less than $100 on everything in the pics..... I think that's pretty good for such a big and diverse collection.

Now to work on getting random Create-A-Monster dolls, I like mixing and matching those for fun.

Billy

Lore

So there we go! From zero to crazy in just a few months. I know my MH girls aren't perfect or complete but I only keep the ones I like and then give them clothes I think are cute on them. It keeps my costs down and it's more fun for me to not worry about completing default outfits and such. So far I've spent less than $100 on everything in the pics..... I think that's pretty good for such a big and diverse collection.

Now to work on getting random Create-A-Monster dolls, I like mixing and matching those for fun.

Billy

That's always how is goes right? You see those great deals and BAM! you've got 50 of 'em. Thanks so much for sharing pics of you're uniquely awesome dolls! Can't wait to see those CAM creations. I can appreciate people who find pre-loved dolls and give them the TLC they need.

My collection has exploded up to over 60+ now and I've stopped counting cuz it's a little depressing the amount of money I've spent. At least I have all the dolls I wanted before that terrible reboot happens. There's a rumor going around that Ghoulia and Spectra are on their way out so if anyone loves those characters I recommend buying them while you still can.

At Home:

baldylox
That's always how is goes right? You see those great deals and BAM! you've got 50 of 'em.

I KNOW!! I'm such a sucker for cheap stuff too, I can't turn down a good deal at all. Speaking of deals, Becca and I went out today to a local comic book convention just for fun and she wound up finding 5 MH dolls.... they were $5 each or 5 for $20. She got 2 Lagoonas, a signature Katrine, a Frankie and......

A 99% complete Nefera. All she was missing was her ring, everything else was there. And since Becca already has 2 of them, she gave her to me! I also got the Katrine. After we left there we went to a few other places and wound up finding the Zombie Shake Rochelle and Venus 2 pack for $15 along with a rare Venus I Heart Clothes pack. That ran $11. Becca was overjoyed since she thought those were never released here in the states. I also wound up buying the 18" Frankie at TRU since I had some extra cash in my pocket. So along with getting the CAM package in today, we had a VERY productive MH doll day!

Thanks so much for sharing pics of you're uniquely awesome dolls! Can't wait to see those CAM creations. I can appreciate people who find pre-loved dolls and give them the TLC they need.

You're welcome! I'm glad you like them. We played with the CAMs today and I got 7 complete ones added to the group. They're ODD looking for sure but it was fun picking out parts to make each of them as well as putting on clothing. We got some Brats clothes packs at TRU too because they were all 50% off. Some of them look really good on the girls, I'll get pics to share soon. And I am a HUGE sucker for unloved dolls. I'd say about 3/4 of my DD girls were adopted because they needed a good home where they could get attention and love. I'm not saying they all were unloved or unwanted but most of them sure felt like that, especially most of my customs.

My collection has exploded up to over 60+ now and I've stopped counting cuz it's a little depressing the amount of money I've spent. At least I have all the dolls I wanted before that terrible reboot happens.

Oh nice! Can you show us some photos of your group? I love seeing big groups like that. Hee hee, I know that feeling! We just counted mine and I'm at 3 of the 18 inch girls and 50 of the small ones! That shelf is just PACKED now! LOL That's good to hear about you getting what you wanted beforehand, Becca was just talking about that today and how she needs to make a list of the older girls she wants to get before that happens. She has a big list tho so she'll have lots of time to hunt down the ones she's missing.

There's a rumor going around that Ghoulia and Spectra are on their way out so if anyone loves those characters I recommend buying them while you still can.

What? What rumor is that? I hadn't heard of such.... can you elaborate more on that?

Billy

Lore

What? What rumor is that? I hadn't heard of such.... can you elaborate more on that?

Billy

I'm a member of a large MH forum where they post the most up-to-date information and they have recently acquired the NY Toy Fair 2016 rollout that Mattel has presented. All indication points to Spectra becoming this new singer character called Ari Hauntington and Ghoulia seems to have been replaced by a new character called Moanica. This is all speculation of course, but it's hard trying to find the reasoning that they might bring Spectra and Ghoulia back even when their new tiny minifig blingbags don't include them.

http://toyfair16.asmzine.com/gallery/mattel/monster-high/index.html

TOYFAIR 2016

These are some links that were provided by members of my forum from the ToyFair. We are all trying to guess what Mattel's reasoning is behind the redesign so until they start the reboot no one will know for sure. My guess is that they've redesigned Spectra and Ghoulia to look more friendly which is why people aren't recognizing them. I hope this helps!

At Home:

AerisAquata

I went to the flea market a few weeks ago and got 3 new MH girls.

A Nefera wearing the Draculara 'Snow Bite' dress, a Purrsephone wearing what looks like some of Clawdeen's clothes and missing her tail, and the best out of the lot: A complete Astranova with her flotation station!!

I got Astronova for FIVE DOLLARS. Her flotation station set retails for $50!!!

Lore

A Nefera wearing the Draculara 'Snow Bite' dress, a Purrsephone wearing what looks like some of Clawdeen's clothes and missing her tail, and the best out of the lot: A complete Astranova with her flotation station!!

WOW! That's an awesome and lucky find!!

At Home:

baldylox

Ha ha, excellent! I love hearing about stories like this. Becca and I really enjoy hitting flea markets and thrift stores in hopes of landing deals like that. It doesn't happen often but whenever we do find MH girls, even if they aren't clothed or complete, it's still fun and exciting to buy them and take them home to get fixed up and made whole again.

Congrats again on your find!

Billy

AerisAquata

It is, I'm pretty excited!

Ha ha, excellent! I love hearing about stories like this. Becca and I really enjoy hitting flea markets and thrift stores in hopes of landing deals like that. It doesn't happen often but whenever we do find MH girls, even if they aren't clothed or complete, it's still fun and exciting to buy them and take them home to get fixed up and made whole again.

Congrats again on your find!

Flea markets always have the best stuff~ The ones around here always have pretty nice people with good prices.

baldylox

Our flea market is hit and miss for the most part.... but when it hits, man..... it hits hard. We went there one time and had found nothing after about an hour of wandering around. We were on the last aisle and about to head back to the car when we saw an open box sitting in a stall that normally only sells stuffed animals and McDonalds Happy Meal toys that had "Monster High" scribbled on the lid. My GF made a bee-line for it and it had about 14 or 15 dolls in there! Mostly nude but a few had clothes.

The lady running the stall came over and said "Please take the whole box! I need to move these fast because if my niece sees them, she'll want them for herself!" The price on the box was $3 each or 2 for $5. Before we could say a word to the lady, she pulls out a bag with MORE MH girls in it that had missing arms or hands on them and all were nude. She goes "If you buy the whole box for $25, I'll throw these messed up ones in too!"

Needless to say, I grabbed the box off the shelf and tucked it under my arm before you could blink. Becca was already in her purse getting out cash before the lady could change her mind. We got 23 dolls in various stages of completeness for $25!! That was a good day.....

Billy