Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

goodgolly

Monster high

Lore
I finished a Draculaura repaint/custom yesterday. It was my first time making a dress thingy but I think I did okay c:

I might put her up on etsy soon. I haven't decided yet xD

Awww she looks adorable! I'm currently learning how to sew things as well so good job on her little dress.

At Home:

DD Snow Miku, DD Luka, DDS Makoto, DD Airy, DDS KizunaAI

Marilyn

The repaints look adorable. Can someone tell me what you use to remove the factory stuff? I've got Winsor & Newton Brush Cleaner and Restorer on hand, and on another forum someone said they used it without issue (i.e. the doll melting), but if there's something better out there I'd like to know.

Dollfie Dream Cheryl || Smart Doll Ebony Futaba

Order a doll… empty the bank account… feel like so.

Lore
The repaints look adorable. Can someone tell me what you use to remove the factory stuff? I've got Winsor & Newton Brush Cleaner and Restorer on hand, and on another forum someone said they used it without issue (i.e. the doll melting), but if there's something better out there I'd like to know.

I just use acetone (nail polish remover) for the vinyl head while being careful not to get any on the plastic body. I always wash their head with soap and water after I remove any paint just to make sure no acetone lingers on the vinyl. My friend customizes the bodies and she uses fine grade sandpaper to remove painted on effects like Frankie's stitches. Sanding also give a good smooth surface to spray if you plan on adding tattoos later on.

At Home:

Ajahli
I finished a Draculaura repaint/custom yesterday. It was my first time making a dress thingy but I think I did okay c:

I might put her up on etsy soon. I haven't decided yet xD

Awww she looks adorable! I'm currently learning how to sew things as well so good job on her little dress.

Thank you! ^^

Oh I might have to try the sandpaper trick for body markings next time!

baldylox

Ajahli, nice work on the Draculaura! I really like her outfit too, it turned out so nice!

And great job on the Spectra Aubzy, she looks much better now.

Last night my GF surprised me with TWO MH girls! Seems she hit up a Walmart and way back in the clearance section were two 13 Wishes girls... a Twyla and Freshwater Lagoona! I'd been wanting the Lagoona for a while but hadn't actively tried to buy one yet so when Becca saw this one, she grabbed her for me. She also grabbed the Twyla because both of the dolls were on clearance for...

FIVE BUCKS EACH

Yeah, those must have been hiding in the back for a while to go THAT low in price as our local Wally Worlds never do big discounts on the MH stuff. Needless to say I was happy about getting the two girls.

Billy

I gave up counting the girls I own, they keep multiplying and won't stop.

Lore

FIVE BUCKS EACH

Yeah, those must have been hiding in the back for a while to go THAT low in price as our local Wally Worlds never do big discounts on the MH stuff. Needless to say I was happy about getting the two girls.

Billy

Thank you for the lovely comment about my Spectra!

Those discounts are AMAZING!!! Makes me so envious to never be that lucky, especially here in England. Even when I was living in UT we never had those kinda deals, but my friend who lives in Chicago is finding those $5 clearances at WallyWorld too! It must be just me and my terrible luck.

At Home:

AerisAquata

Speaking of deals, today I managed to snag two Haunted dolls for around $16 each!

They were on clearance for a few dollars off and the K-Mart I was at is going out of business, so the toys were 20% off.

Marilyn

I just use acetone (nail polish remover) for the vinyl head while being careful not to get any on the plastic body. I always wash their head with soap and water after I remove any paint just to make sure no acetone lingers on the vinyl. My friend customizes the bodies and she uses fine grade sandpaper to remove painted on effects like Frankie's stitches. Sanding also give a good smooth surface to spray if you plan on adding tattoos later on.

Thanks for the info. I had 100% acetone on hand and decided to remove Clawdeen's face-up. I'm still working on wiping her—the lip groove is proving extremely difficult—but I have to say, in my opinion she has a really pretty sculpt. It's making me re-evaluate my plans for her…

clawdeen-blank.jpg

Dollfie Dream Cheryl || Smart Doll Ebony Futaba

Order a doll… empty the bank account… feel like so.

Lore

Thanks for the info. I had 100% acetone on hand and decided to remove Clawdeen's face-up. I'm still working on wiping her—the lip groove is proving extremely difficult—but I have to say, in my opinion she has a really pretty sculpt. It's making me re-evaluate my plans for her…

clawdeen-blank.jpg

So happy that worked out for you! Yes those lip grooves are a bit tricky, but I've used a toothpick and a thin, flat, cotton wipe saturated with acetone and dug in and twisted it a bit in those grooves to remove most of the paint. (being careful not to scratch the vinyl)

I discovered the same thing you did when removing the factory paint...those lil head molds are really nice! Each character has different features too. I absolutely love repainting them.

At Home:

baldylox
Speaking of deals, today I managed to snag two Haunted dolls for around $16 each!

They were on clearance for a few dollars off and the K-Mart I was at is going out of business, so the toys were 20% off.

Congrats on finding those! Which ones did you get?

Funny you say that K-Mart near you is closing because we had a bunch of them close down here in SC too. A while back at a doll meet, a friend happened to have a few brand new ones with her and Becca asked where she got them. Once we found out about the store closing, we rushed over and found that all toys were at 60% off! We grabbed every MH girl we could find and bought them all! Becca wound up keeping around 7 or 8 of them and sending a few she already had to a friend of hers. It was super fun to find those and to see Becca all fired up and happy about getting them. At that time, she had less than 12 MH dolls total so she almost doubled her collection that one night. LOL

One good thing about the store closing for you is that they will continue dropping prices until everything is gone. Meaning that if they're at 20% off now, then in a few weeks they'll drop again, then again until they're gone. So hopefully no one buys them early on and you can go back and get even more of them for less moolah! Let us know if you do!

Billy

AerisAquata

Congrats on finding those! Which ones did you get?

Funny you say that K-Mart near you is closing because we had a bunch of them close down here in SC too. A while back at a doll meet, a friend happened to have a few brand new ones with her and Becca asked where she got them. Once we found out about the store closing, we rushed over and found that all toys were at 60% off! We grabbed every MH girl we could find and bought them all! Becca wound up keeping around 7 or 8 of them and sending a few she already had to a friend of hers. It was super fun to find those and to see Becca all fired up and happy about getting them. At that time, she had less than 12 MH dolls total so she almost doubled her collection that one night. LOL

I nabbed Kiyomi Haunterly and River Syxx! The Haunted stands are soooo cool, they're transparent blue plastic molded to look like chains and the dolls look like they're floating on them!

I live in SC too, actually! The store near me that's closing is in North Augusta.

I wonder if K-Mart is doing badly in South Carolina...?

They do have two other lines I don't have yet, so hopefully they won't close for another couple of weeks! ^^

baldylox
I nabbed Kiyomi Haunterly and River Syxx! The Haunted stands are soooo cool, they're transparent blue plastic molded to look like chains and the dolls look like they're floating on them!

Ahh nice! My GF has the Haunted Draculaura but she came in an ebay lot so she's missing her stand. But I have a River Styx so I know what you mean on the stands..... they're definitely cool.

I live in SC too, actually! The store near me that's closing is in North Augusta.

Oh nice! You should totally come to one of our doll meets! We do most of them down in Charleston but we sometimes have them in Columbia too. Augusta isn't that far from us in Charleston tho, maybe 3 hours max? Hopefully you can make it down here sometime to meet everyone!

I wonder if K-Mart is doing badly in South Carolina...?

I think so because we had 3 close down here in the tri-county area. There are still a few open but all of those were Super K-marts and always did well.

They do have two other lines I don't have yet, so hopefully they won't close for another couple of weeks! ^^

Cool beans, I hope you can grab those at a good price before they get away!

Billy

AerisAquata

Oh nice! You should totally come to one of our doll meets! We do most of them down in Charleston but we sometimes have them in Columbia too. Augusta isn't that far from us in Charleston tho, maybe 3 hours max? Hopefully you can make it down here sometime to meet everyone!

I've really been wanting to! It's just hard for me to go anywhere since I have to get someone else to drive me. I'm definitely going to try to go to the next meet-up, though! ^^

Lore

My best friend commissioned this latest repaint from me.

Signature Spectra Repaint

6x1M1IUl.jpg

3lDVfbSh.jpg

At Home:

AerisAquata

That Spectra is gorgeous! I love the eyes.

We went back to K-Mart today since they dropped some things to 30% off, and in all the boxes of the toy isle, I found another doll I was missing! Vandala Dubloons, the daughter of the pirate ghost!

They must have unearthed a case of dolls in the back or something, because the shelves were overflowing with Kiyomis and Rivers! I only saw one Vandala, and I snapped her up.

I saw the first release pictures of her way back when and loved her immediately! Her detatchable peg leg is really really cool~

All the Haunted dolls have this lovely ethereal quality to them from the slightly translucent plastic they're made from...it looks almost like it glows in the light!

Lilay

wow the spectra is just awesome

i have some dolls too ^^

Lore
wow the spectra is just awesome

i have some dolls too ^^

That Spectra is gorgeous! I love the eyes.

Thank you guys so very much!

Here's another of my latest repaints.

Scarily Ever After Clawdeen Repaint

K7PXR1zm.jpg

x0YoU45l.jpg

At Home:

Lilay

wow

the eyes look like they are glowing

you are gifted ^^

Lore
wow

the eyes look like they are glowing

you are gifted ^^

Awww Thank you! This repainting gig is a new venture so I'm really glad you and anyone else appreciates it. Gives me courage to keep it up.

At Home:

saintaya

I collected Monster High dolls for this 2 years. I love to see people customizing them and I myself also love to customized them too xD. Currently am looking for the 17" Draculaura. T_T Anyone can share their 17" ghouls? Would love to see more of them.

Lore

@saintaya Our mod Baldylox has a few! Maybe he can share more photos of them? Or are you looking for repainted 17" girls?

At Home:

baldylox
I collected Monster High dolls for this 2 years. I love to see people customizing them and I myself also love to customized them too xD. Currently am looking for the 17" Draculaura. T_T Anyone can share their 17" ghouls? Would love to see more of them.

@saintaya Our mod Baldylox has a few! Maybe he can share more photos of them? Or are you looking for repainted 17" girls?

Yup! Here's a link to the thread: viewtopic.php?f=41&t=13827

None of mine are customized but my GF has a Gooliope that she straightened the hair on and she looks WAY better to me now than her standard hairdo does.

Billy

Lore

Here's my WIP custom cloak for Monster High dolls! I've got a pattern, but it's still in the process of tweaking for a better fit. 13 Wishes Twyla is modeling it in the pic below.

DicIkYxl.png

At Home: