Zoom Meetup

Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Sign in to follow this  
Monty

Mini Dollfie Dream and Mini SD vs other 'mini' size dolls?

Monty

Maybe this is a strange request, but if anyone owns one or more MSD-size BJDs as well as Mini Dollfie Dream/s and/or Mini Super Dollfies, do you think you could post some comparison pics of their bodies?

I'm just really curious how other resin MSD sizes compare to Volks as the sizing seems to vary a bit even if slightly. I'm pretty new to resin and the difference between 'slim minis' and 'child minis' is making me anxious about what body to get for my hybrid. He has a DF-A head which is 19.2 cm in cirbleepference - pretty big for a resin BJD it seems. All I really know is a friend said "Dont get a minifee or resinsoul body, those are slim minis and the head will look too big' - and I thought that was straightforward enough, I just had to look for a childlike body. But when I thought I'd found one - Little Monica Little Harmony - it turns out that's also classified as 'slim mini' despite looking very childish. 8') The more i like, the more 'slim mini' seems to be the norm...or so I think, because it's actually getting harder for me to tell what even qualifies as a slim mini and what would be too small for this head and what would be fine. (It doesn't help that I'm super duper picky when it comes to how the body actually looks, and then theres resin matching to deal with...

I'm asking for pics in comparison with a MDD since their heads are already gigantic and its a bit easier for me to visualise how big my head would look, as it's obviously smaller than a MDD head. I also want to see comparison pics with Mini Super Dollfie because I think their heads are also quite large - I just dont want to buy one of the bodies as I heard they're not double jointed (and also twice as expensive as most...)

Another question to folks with Kid Delf - does this size match up with MDD? Can Kid delf where MDD clothes and vice versa?

Eustia

While I know nothing about the Delf or SD or any other of the creepy non-anime dolls around, I can say Kid Delf shoes fit perfectly on MDDs. I have several pairs for my girls. So they have the same size feet, at least.

Jezrah

I have an MDD and a 1/4 Resinsoul. I consider my MDD to still be 1/3 scale because she's supposed to be a child, but my Resinsoul is definitely 1/4 scale because she's around the same height but she has adult proportions and is just overall smaller in every other measurement. I'm not sure if I coukd get a comparison pic though, since my resin girl is done up like a fairy and is a shelf baby so her stringing isn't really tight enough for her to stand. I've never handled a Volks MSD so I cant comment about that.

32717445532_3aa446bd94_m.jpg

Monty

Mostly I'd like to know what 1/4 bodies can wear clothes for mini dollfie dreams/volks mdd.

I would like to have a MDD eventually, but the hybrid bjd probably comes first, although I think it'd be nice if they could share a warddrobe. Plus, MDDs get the cutest clothes.

Thanks Eustia for telling me about the shoes!

Gunter

MSD and MDD are really similiar in size. They are thick, and they stand at just about the same height. That's why so many of the Volks outfits say MDD/MSD. Also there is SD Cute (SDC) which is a slimmer version. The only big difference is the bust piece is slimmer on MDD, and a few other things like the arms are too.

Reference for that comparison: http://dolls.marineko.ciao.jp/?eid=756869

Volks MSD on the left, MDD on the right.

Another reference:

Body Comparison.

If you want a broader look at them I recommend going here: https://denofangels.com/posts/10861427/

Unfortunately, as you can also tell with this picture a lot of dolls come in various sizes. So you could easily put them in the same clothing but there is always a chance they will be a bit big due to the fact that MSDs and MDDs are kinda pudgy. (Even if MDDs are slimmer) Most follow MSD fitting sizes (as in non volks) if they are just a clothing company, but make sure to check sizing maybe when shopping from companies (example Fairyland) that make slim MSDs.

Monty

Gunter thank you SO MUCH for those pictures!! I was looking EVERYWHERE for comparison pictures but for whatever reason nothing was coming up.

Looks like Kid-Delf is a safer bet than I thought it would be.

Gunter

Looks like Kid-Delf is a safer bet than I thought it would be.

Just so you know that was the Type one body, so mattering on which I'd say just double check the measurements. I don't know how much the shape changes mattering on which type you get. I just know Type 3 looks slimmer?

SirenSong91

I would love to see a comparison of the MDD body next to a Fairyland Minifee. I actually started with BJD's and have a Minifee but have never owned a MDD. It would be helpful to see how much thicker the MDD body is.

Monty

If it matters to anyone, I actually ended up getting the Doll Legend MSD body for my hybrid and hopefully i'll have that within a month judging from the time it takes other people to get theirs.

I do really want an MDD one day, so I'll be sure to take comparison photos when that faroff future day comes.

My impression of minifees is that their bodies are super slim and not childish at all despite a similar height, so they'd probably look pretty weird next to an MDD.

Gunter
I would love to see a comparison of the MDD body next to a Fairyland Minifee. I actually started with BJD's and have a Minifee but have never owned a MDD. It would be helpful to see how much thicker the MDD body is.

MNF and MDD are EXTREMELY different. Because MNF is a Slim MSD their body is a lot more developed. As Torino said, the MNF is not at all childlike. MDD is purposely sculpted (as is MSD) to look as a child's body, so instead of curves or anything they are very pudgy. Even if you were doin' a SDcute body it still would be a pudgier body than MNF and that's Volks' ver. of a "slim" MSD.

As a note you could maybe make them look more natural together via large bust on a MDD, but I think that MNF have a different proportion head as well so you can just really tell the vast aesthetic difference (disregarding the DD vs. BJD aspect of it already there). Tried to find a pic, but yeah, that's not a popular mash up. XD

Yukamina

As a note you could maybe make them look more natural together via large bust on a MDD, but I think that MNF have a different proportion head as well so you can just really tell the vast aesthetic difference (disregarding the DD vs. BJD aspect of it already there). Tried to find a pic, but yeah, that's not a popular mash up. XD

Minifee head really are very different in size and proportion (as with the bodies). I used to have a MNF--I never photographed her with my MDD, but they really did look like they belonged in different worlds

pandorax249

I have an resinsoul mei and she is an slim msd. She can't wear normal msd clothes. So have to buy minifee ones lol.