Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Sign in to follow this  
Saturnnnn

Other Anime-Style Dolls

Saturnnnn

Yeah.. I'm pretty sure this is the right section..

I know about the Smart Dolls by Danny Choo, and the few anime-looking dolls that LUTS makes and Pure Neemos.. But are there any other 1/3 scale dolls with an anime aesthetic out there?

Monty

I know there's a company called 2D doll, and I'm pretty sure they have a thread somewhere here too.

Spiritdoll also have two anime sculpts called Primrose and Cherry, although those are 1/4 scale rather than 1/3.

K-2

Azone does the licensed anime character thing like Volks does. Azone uses the Obitsu 60cm and 50cm bodies as a base. They mostly do full sets.

https://www.azone-int.co.jp/azonet/

Obitsu does make a few anime style heads to go with their 50 and 60cm bodies.

http://www.obitsushop.com/SHOP/50ST-001.html

http://www.obitsu.co.jp/doll/index.html

Yamato/Angel Philia has several anime style sculpts, again based on the Obitsu 48/50cm body. Google image search "VMF50" to see examples.

MVSig.jpg

Saturnnnn
I know there's a company called 2D doll, and I'm pretty sure they have a thread somewhere here too.

Spiritdoll also have two anime sculpts called Primrose and Cherry, although those are 1/4 scale rather than 1/3.

I've never heard of either of those. I'll be sure to have a look ^^

Rainbowangel

You might also might want to check out Evokedoll who produce anime style dolls. Unlike Ball jointed dolls they have no seams or joints and are made of silicone yet are still posable. An official seller for this company is jeeryama on ebay.com, who also sells on behalf of the company 2D-doll. You can also get anime style dolls from Parabox. SQ-lab produce SD sized anime heads in resin but currently no bodies. Angel Philia also have a few dolls with anime style faces however they come in at around 50cm's in height - a bit shorter than the average 1/3 doll.

Hope that helps ya a little.

Saturnnnn
You might also might want to check out Evokedoll who produce anime style dolls. Unlike Ball jointed dolls they have no seams or joints and are made of silicone yet are still posable. An official seller for this company is jeeryama on ebay(dot)com, who also sells on behalf of the company 2D-doll. You can also get anime style dolls from Parabox. SQ-lab produce SD sized anime heads in resin but currently no bodies. Angel Philia also have a few dolls with anime style faces however they come in at around 50cm's in height - a bit shorter than the average 1/3 doll.

Hope that helps ya a little.

The only thing that worries me about seamless dolls is that their limbs might be sort of stiff and restricted...

Monty

The problem with Evoke dolls it that the way their limbs bend looks rubbery and unnatural to me, and a little freaky. I guess it wouldnt be so bad covered with clothes, but....i think the lack of joints is the entire point of them so covering it up kind of defeats the purpose.

Plus, i hear they attract dust like nobody's business and need constant powdering to stop them getting all sticky. Seems like more trouble than their worth, but they do have their fans, so they can't be all bad.