Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Sign in to follow this  
chanela

Doll with an LCD Face?

chanela

Is there a doll with an lcd face similar to the new furbys?

I don't mean the moving mouth and eyelid parts, I'm thinking more like a whole face on a screen. Could screens bend into anything close to a dolls face shape? I think that would be cool combined with the Dollfie Dream Honey or whatever that SmartDoll will be.

Gunter

As far as I know there aren't any dolls with just like a light up screen/monitor for a face. There are figures of such characters like Canti from FLCL which would have what you mean. I wouldn't be surprised if maybe one of those lit up, though that'd probably be it.

I have seen at most LED eyes?

Though personally I'm now imagining something like Prince Robot IV from Saga. If we wanna do a full monitor character with a body.

FKHXGqO.png

I figure you mean something that actually has something more human-like for a face shape, but I just think of a square/rectangular screen. XD I personally would find it a little freaky (like how I feel about that furby) to have a monitor face.

chanela

Yeah I was thinking a screen shaped into a basic face shape with a defined nose and stuff. also, it maybe it could be like a kindle paperwhite screen so it wouldn't look so obvious. Also it could be customize-able for face ups. I just can't get that excited about the dollfie dream honey cause it's still gonna be blankly staring into nothingness lol.

What did you see with led eyes?

Gunter

Okay, yeah, that's sort of what I imagined what you were picturing. It seems interesting. Could save a lot of money if you didn't need to actual do a face-up cause the majority is a screen. I find it an interesting concept but as I'm spooked by the idea of DD honey, this aids into the spook-age. XD I just am not a fan of my dolls moving on me, even though I realize you would turn it on and off.

All the LED eyes did was light up. It was a cool affect cause you sort of get a new depth to the eyes though, and also was just great if you had a horror/sort of spooky looking character. I personally really liked it.

If I remember correctly I think someone on Y!J is still selling those, or at least making heads that do have those.