Baldylox

Sign in to follow this  
Minty

Sio2doll's Anime-styled centaur

Minty

I just saw this on tumblr and...

tumblr_ojcl1kgTaq1swyxh5o1_1280.jpg

http://www.sio2doll.com/?p=12196

Taobao: https://world.taobao.com/item/544079049780.htm?fromSite=main&spm=0.0.0.0.FgKOzK

Through the power of google translate, I think he is up for sale from Jan 5, 2017 - Feb 5, 2017.

There's a single joint version and a double joint version.

If I had the money for him, I would get him. ;__;

Eustia

I'd really like to do a Centaur, but the one I have in mind is a relatively busty girl. It'd also be a nightmare to commission outfits for since almost nobody has them, so I'm not going to bother realistically. >.

Mario

Wow it's beautiful! As Eustria said, if only it was easy to get outfits for bodys like these I'd grab one of these pretty dolls. Although just nude alone looks great!

Misha-san
I'd really like to do a Centaur, but the one I have in mind is a relatively busty girl. It'd also be a nightmare to commission outfits for since almost nobody has them, so I'm not going to bother realistically. >.<

This one would be interesting. Actually the whole tread reminded me of Cerea-chan from Monster Musume

Eustia
I'd really like to do a Centaur, but the one I have in mind is a relatively busty girl. It'd also be a nightmare to commission outfits for since almost nobody has them, so I'm not going to bother realistically. >.<

This one would be interesting. Actually the whole tread reminded me of Cerea-chan from Monster Musume

I want to do Himeno from Centaur no Nayami. She's not nearly as mutant chested as Cerea, but probably a DD L level bust. Which seems non-existent in Centaur dolls I've seen to date, which all seem to be fairly flat (or male).

Misha-san

I want to do Himeno from Centaur no Nayami. She's not nearly as mutant chested as Cerea, but probably a DD L level bust. Which seems non-existent in Centaur dolls I've seen to date, which all seem to be fairly flat (or male).

It would be quite interesting if someone made parts like centaur body that could be attached to DD body, allowing you to create centaur doll with any upper body type.

Eustia
It would be quite interesting if someone made parts like centaur body that could be attached to DD body, allowing you to create centaur doll with any upper body type.

It's potentially possible for someone good at 3D printing, with a large enough printer and the skill to finish the parts. Unfortunately I don't know any such people. I'd be willing to pay for it though. But then I'd also need a seamstress to make an appropriate outfit for it, so it'd be quite an expensive project. Still... tempting to investigate.

I think this doll is 3D printed, from a brief glance at the site. Not positive, though. But as you say, I'd like one DD compatible. At least DD upper frame for bust/arms/head on top.

Noxxbunny

Oh my god, my heart. Stop doing this to me, Sio2 I already want and can't get Puppet Cat AND Bleater!

I'm not even into centaurs...He's just so cute. And has exactly what I look for in a male sculpt, honestly. If he had been like Puppet Cat with cute little deer hoof-feet instead, I would've cried in defeat as my wallet imploded. I can resist since an anime centaur boy would not blend in with anything I own...But I will look forward to seeing people's owner pictures of him.

Current Crew: Kaito(DDH07), Miles(DDH06), Lyca(DDH-10), Hotaru(DDH09), Kagamine Rin, Maron(DDH01), Mikuo(Snow Miku), Nagisa(DDH01)

Poofiemus

Looking at the measurements, seems he's technically a tiny? I was hoping for at least MSD size when I saw pictures. But GAWD THAT FAAACE. Sio2Doll, PLEASE do more anime faces, because you clearly rock it.

In this household, sanity is considered a tresspasser.

Shailara
Looking at the measurements, seems he's technically a tiny? I was hoping for at least MSD size when I saw pictures. But GAWD THAT FAAACE. Sio2Doll, PLEASE do more anime faces, because you clearly rock it.

? The measurements seem pretty similar to the Luts MSD centaur, I don't know why you say it seems liek a tiny O3O

(\_/)
( ' .' ) 
( uu)

Monty

I love him so much, but in between recently paying for a Soom Teenie gem (also a centaur), a body and clothes for my Miku head AND soon getting a yoSD for my friends birthday there's no way I can get him in such a short preorder window. Especially with no layaway, and at the start of a year of new DD releases yet to be announced.

I really gotta say SIO2 is a company to watch, I can't wait to see what they do next. I LOVED Bleater and Ragdoll and unfortunately couldn't get them either so I hope one day I can get one of their dolls and it's a perfect one.

Anyway he's 30cm which is technically on the tall end of tinies, or the very small end of minis. Hes kind of inbetween but tiny stuff might fit his upper half better?

God damn I love centaurs I will never get tired of them even if every doll company ever makes one ;-;

Gunter

I was waiting for this, Stacy's Pink Ocean is a dealer for SIO2. :

http://www.stacyspinkocean.com/product_v.asp?id=2196

Seems she got him up. Oh man, I can't drop that kinda money on a doll right now. I have a FL Lucywen on layaway (Regret passing up that centaur body--at least I got her wings) and then I got a SIO2 Bleater also on layaway... Too many dolls. XD

On an interesting note they have a two part, or one part body option, which I didn't expect.

And for anyone tempted to buy I believe she offers layaway! :3

jadepixel

Oh man, that really is a lovely sculpt

I was really tempted by Sio2's cat doll, too, but I already have some odd-size small resin BJD that are terribly neglected.

I'll have to vicariously enjoy owner pics when they arrive!

Monty

Ngaaaaahhhh if SPO really does have layaway you guys may have to talk me out of it/hold me back lol.

It's just such bad timing for a preorder deadline....right before the next volks news is out, which will likely have info on the next lottery dolls. It's such a big risk...

Edited by Guest

Gunter

I mean you could ask how long the layaway is? Asking hurt no one. :3

If it isn't long enough/just way too far out of your reach then maybe you'll be lucky and she'll have extra later.

Either way, I still say asking never, ever hurts.

Monty

I did ask, actually.

'Hi,thank you for contactingme.^^

We accept layaway,but the first payment can't less than 20% of the total price.The time can't more than 6 monthes. So,the maximun time is 6 monthes.^^You can pay every monthes or have your own plan,but must be within 6 monthes.^^'

I'm still tempted, but I just don't think it's a smart decision. I mean the total price is more than a return airfare to Australia (something else I have to buy this year as I want to go home for a few weeks in the middle of the year). It's an awful lot for a non-fullset doll of that size, gorgeous as he may be. I don't even think he has a faceup.

Shailara
I did ask, actually.

'Hi,thank you for contactingme.^^

We accept layaway,but the first payment can't less than 20% of the total price.The time can't more than 6 monthes. So,the maximun time is 6 monthes.^^You can pay every monthes or have your own plan,but must be within 6 monthes.^^'

I'm still tempted, but I just don't think it's a smart decision. I mean the total price is more than a return airfare to Australia (something else I have to buy this year as I want to go home for a few weeks in the middle of the year). It's an awful lot for a non-fullset doll of that size, gorgeous as he may be. I don't even think he has a faceup.

Well, I'm going to be the voice of reason: It's a lot of money and if you're not entirely sure you can make it, then don't risk it ^ ^; Sio2 will make more adorable dolls, for sure!

(\_/)
( ' .' ) 
( uu)

Gunter

Yeah, as I said if it is too much then what can you do.

Maybe if ya are lucky/when the funds are more clear you can find him later. :>

~

I took a moment and debated throwing this guy on layaway, but I have other doll plans I want to do this year... So, I'll skip. I'm not gonna know where to put him anyways as all my spaces really only fit standard dolls.

Monty

There's some new photos of his blank sculpt posted on SPO's listing for him. (scroll down)

His head is bigger than I thought seeing that pic of it in the hand.

http://www.stacyspinkocean.com/product_v.asp?id=2197

I'll most likely be giving up on him and just hoping something similar occurs in the future, but damn I hope someone here gets him and spams a million photos. I'm dying to see what people do with him.

missadventure364

I really like him! However I feel like the price is a little excessive considering he is completely blank and from a newer merchant (or is it just a less well known one?). I would love to have him someday, but it's tough when there are so many good deals on great dolls right now. Maybe someday.. I can't wait to see pictures of what people do with him when they get him!

Monty
I really like him! However I feel like the price is a little excessive considering he is completely blank and from a newer merchant (or is it just a less well known one?). I would love to have him someday, but it's tough when there are so many good deals on great dolls right now. Maybe someday.. I can't wait to see pictures of what people do with him when they get him!

SIO2 is relatively new I believe but their dolls are unbelievably gorgeous (search for ''Bleater'' and ''Ragdoll") however because I believe it's only one person, or at least an incredibly small team, I understand that they need the high prices to help pay for the manufacturing. The other factor is that Stacey's Pink Ocean charges an extra $200, so the price you're seeing is even more than the original. (Its unfortunate, but SPO -is- the only one that offers layaway...). You could get him cheaper through a Taobao agent, but that would mean paying it all upfront.

I'm definitely not denying he's still a little pricey for a blank 1/4 doll even at $200 off, but still, those two things do explain it a little. (He's also SIO2's first bigger one as Bleater and Ragdoll are quite small).

Unfortunately though his aftermarket price is probably just gonna get even higher ;_; guess it's just not meant to be. But I hope he does well enough for SIO2 to do similar dolls in future, or even a rerelease.

FullyCustom

These dolls have only been around for a little while, posted on facebook and the like, and they are so mesmerising! 2D aspects in dolls is something I love. And by that I mean an anime style as a doll, much like a DD. Centaurs are also very popular, and even though they are not my style particularly they are very cute! I can completely see the appeal

missadventure364

SIO2 is relatively new I believe but their dolls are unbelievably gorgeous (search for ''Bleater'' and ''Ragdoll") however because I believe it's only one person, or at least an incredibly small team, I understand that they need the high prices to help pay for the manufacturing. The other factor is that Stacey's Pink Ocean charges an extra $200, so the price you're seeing is even more than the original. (Its unfortunate, but SPO -is- the only one that offers layaway...). You could get him cheaper through a Taobao agent, but that would mean paying it all upfront.

I'm definitely not denying he's still a little pricey for a blank 1/4 doll even at $200 off, but still, those two things do explain it a little. (He's also SIO2's first bigger one as Bleater and Ragdoll are quite small).

Unfortunately though his aftermarket price is probably just gonna get even higher ;_; guess it's just not meant to be. But I hope he does well enough for SIO2 to do similar dolls in future, or even a rerelease.

Oh I definitely agree! I hope that didn't come off as saying they're over priced, I can definitely see why a smaller company or new company would have to have their products cost a little more starting out. From what I've seen it looks like they do a really nice job. I certainly wish them the best of luck, and I'm very excited to see what they make in the future.

Alterne

The head is very cute, hoping to see more of this style!