Baldylox

Sign in to follow this  
Gabriel

Flirty Girl Collectibles Anna Questions

Gabriel

OK, a question if anyone here knows.

I was looking at BigBadToyStore and saw this:

http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=FGC10100&mode=retail

Anna was my favorite Tekken character to play. I've always wanted a good figure of her. Technically, this isn't, but it's probably the best and closest I'll get.

So, this is just the outfit and the description says it comes with a swappable head. OK. Where is the doll the outfit will fit on and which I therefore need?

Is it this?

http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=FGC10077&mode=retail

Does anyone know about these 1/6th outfits and dolls?

The outfit also says the shoes are designed for "bare arched foot". Is that a separate accessory for these types of dolls? Is it something included in the package?

moevelvet

Theoretically, you should be able to put the head on any 1/6 scale body. Obitsu and Hot Toys come to mind, but there are many more. I recommend you look around and decide on a body based on posability and aesthetics. If you don't want the joints to be seen you could try something like Phicen's seamless body.

Gabriel

A belated thanks, Moevelvet! That mention of Phicen pointed me the right direction, and I eventually found what model the set was being used with.

I ordered and received the body months ago, but I've been waiting on my pre-order of the outfit/head set to arrive all that time. I've seen the release date come and go. Eventually I just cancelled my pre-order and snagged the outfit set from an ebay seller. Then I had it in 3 days.

Getting the outfit set on the figure was a major pain. It didn't enamor me with the 1/6 scale at all. I can tell that I'll never be changing the clothes of this figure, because it's just too much effort. I wished I had a damn microscope when I was trying to get her fingers through the loop at the end of the armpiece. And since the feet of a Phicen don't have any structure inside them (they're just flippery bits of silicone) and the silicone doesn't have any slide to it, getting the pantyhose on her was an ordeal.

The result looks pretty good, though. Or, I think so, anyway.

35598050652_a332a74247_z.jpgIMG_0364 by Gabriel Alexander, on Flickr

She's pretty poseable. She can't stand on her own at all, though. It's the result of that total lack of structure in the feet, and the heels do nothing to help. Since she's a metal endoskeleton with a silicone covering (Terminator?) and not a hollow thing, she has a satisfying weight to her.

As for the outfit set. I don't have any complaints except about the bow/ribbon on the back. It's a pin-on, and it has a wire in it so it can hold poses. In practice it simply always looks like a wrinkled mess. That's really my only gripe. Maybe if the collar didn't ride so high up the neck? I have to tug the outfit down more than Picard and Riker tug their uniform tunics down.

galatia9

She looks awesome, and I like all the details of her outfit. And shoes! I see what you mean about the wrinkly mess of the bow, though. You could always replace it with one made with ribbon from the craft store, that's what I would do. Especially easy, since it's a pin on!

The seamless body looks nice. I can see the disadvantages with such a small doll body, though, with no structure under the hands and feet.

Linda S.

galatia9

DDH03 girl DDH07 x2 boys DDH06 girl DDH-05 x2 boys

DDH01 mod girl Saber Alter SqLab Tsubaki boy DDH-02 girl

Mio Honda Youmu Konpaku x2 boy twins

Also: DDS Lagla, Sheryl Nome, SmD Melody, SmD Eiji x2

Galvatim

Cool! I've got a few kitbashed 1/6 figures, but I still haven't bought a Phicen/TBLeague body yet... I don't trust these seamless bodies, even though my Hot Toys Ada Wong RE4 version seems fine so far.

$55 seems like a great price, especially compared to the 1/6 I've been looking at lately.

http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10466341

Check a little closer to home: http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Product/VariationDetails/52622

Of course, when BBTS will actually get it in is a good question... I had a Transformers preorder due in June that only finally came in a week or so ago.