Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Sign in to follow this  
Skaf

Resin anime head from YJA

Skaf

So I've been eyeing heads from a seller on Yahoo Japan Auctions, some of them have caught my eye over time for being rather unique and while they've never been advertised as being DD heads they've clearly been posed on DD bodies. I've bought outfits from the same seller and they've always met or exceeded my expectations so I wanted to give one of the heads a go if I could get one I liked for a decent price.

A few weeks ago one came up for auction that caught my attention and I put in a bid and apparently I was the only bidder. I got the head last week and though it's not obvious from photos it is a resin head. It does not have any stamps or headplate and the sculpt is a bit uneven and the headcap doesn't fit perfectly and did not come with any magnets, so I glued one in myself (not a perfect job but it doesn't matter that much since it's on the inside of the head). The ears are not sculpted as seen from the side but when seen from the front with a wig covering them then it's fine. It'd be problematic to use a wig that doesn't cover the ears though. She came with a wig, eyes and outfit. The wig wasn't the best quality and I'm not a huge fan of the eyes so I put them aside. The faceup is really well done.

I thought I'd post some photos, I've included DD Kirika in some of them for color reference. It's not a perfect match but not really obvious in person due to the blushing.

Wlc2n9Xl.jpg

RqgMGlol.jpg

N1kky9Ul.jpg

And here's a photo with a wig:

vx627lZl.jpg

I'm pretty happy overall, the head looks really good in person and as mentioned before, the faceup is really nice.

Oni-Chan

Oh she is cute! Congrats on winning her!

Do you happen to have the link or the search terms you used for her?

I have more dollfies than my age in years *×*

Meguchi

how's the color matching between the head and body?

31331.png.dfd4a63f40636b8096732abe211870c7.png

galatia9

She's beautiful! Congratulations!

Linda S.

galatia9

DDH03 girl DDH07 x2 boys DDH06 girl DDH-05 x2 boys

DDH01 mod girl Saber Alter SqLab Tsubaki boy DDH-02 girl

Mio Honda Youmu Konpaku x2 boy twins

Also: DDS Lagla, Sheryl Nome, SmD Melody, SmD Eiji x2

Skaf
how's the color matching between the head and body?

It's pretty good in person, especially in normal indoors lighting conditions. It'd be more noticeable though if she wasn't blushed as much as she is, I think. If you look closely you can see that the head is a few shades lighter than the body color though.

She's beautiful! Congratulations!

Thanks!