Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

cfx

Good Smile Company's Nendoroid Dolls

Holly
9 hours ago, OccultBeast said:

Well, both the Hatsune Miku and the Sakura Miku Nendoroid Dolls had their preorder periods closed in June, so you'll have to wait until they release (hopefully) sometime next month and try to find them through a Partner Shop if you do decide you want to go for either of them!

It’s still up for preorder on Amiami! (In case anyone else’s wallet needs to be lightened as well)

• Like 1

OccultBeast
5 hours ago, Holly said:

It’s still up for preorder on Amiami! (In case anyone else’s wallet needs to be lightened as well)

Wow, a little surprising, but also not surprising at all really.  They probably expect to sell quite a few of them and may have already pre-purchased a decent number from GSC themselves.  They could have also had some preorders cancelled.

AmiAmi does not have the Sakura Miku Nendoroid Doll, however!  I think GSC may have kept that one exclusive to their stores, because I haven't seen it at any Partner Shops.

Holly

I haven’t had as hard of a time getting nendos after the preorders close. They seem to be much more readily available now than when I started a few years back. Depends on the character, probably. 

OccultBeast
8 minutes ago, Holly said:

I haven’t had as hard of a time getting nendos after the preorders close. They seem to be much more readily available now than when I started a few years back. Depends on the character, probably. 

That's also very true.  I'm so used to the 'preorder or miss it' mentality that I still always preorder figures I want the same day they're announced, but it's true that a lot more of them are available from Partner Shops or even GSC's shops directly even after release.  I guess it's good that I still preorder, though, because some Nendoroids will skyrocket in price in the secondhand market.  Zero Two and literally all of the Haikyuu boys especially are ones I see people complain about a lot, though luckily some of the HQ boys are getting rereleases, which they seem to do more often now, too.

Miruna
4 hours ago, OccultBeast said:

AmiAmi does not have the Sakura Miku Nendoroid Doll, however!  I think GSC may have kept that one exclusive to their stores, because I haven't seen it at any Partner Shops.

Yeah, it's an exclusive just like the Sakura Miku figma :/.

Miruna

They are making Kagamine Rin & Len Nendoroid dolls ^^

• Like 2

OccultBeast

I'm so anxious to see what the twins look like, because they're my two favourite voicebanks besides Miku (Rin especially), and having Nendoroid Dolls of them would be much cheaper and more reasonable for me than having DD of them.  Plus they would be adorable posed in photos with DD Miku!  I really hope their hair and faces are super cute, though my wallet hopes they are not 😂

• Like 2

Galvatim

Got Nendo Doll Mordred today.

50704709601_13497acbfd_c.jpg

50704796717_2affdc5521_c.jpg

Don't let the extra long neck get to you, there's another part to swap out.  

50704796572_0b8d8ca4c3_c.jpg

Shorts aren't great, the top has rubber straps that will deteriorate, and the jacket probably stains.  Color transfer isn't a defect, though, there's an insert explaining that you shouldn't leave your Nendo Dolls dressed in their clothes if you want to avoid staining.  The boots are the worst part.  They slide on over the feet, rather than replace them.  It's not a very firm attachment, I could see them sliding off easily, or the figure falling out of them  (the feet and boots have magnets in the heels, to attach to the included base).

50703972348_8ae1027966_c.jpg

I like the new faceplate and over all headsculpt.  You can swap faceplates with the standard (armored) Nendo Mordred.  

50703972363_046638de54_c.jpg

Oh good.  The glue on the base failed.  Also, unlike Saber Alter, there aren't even sword holding hands.  I thought it was cheap when Saber Alter didn't include her sword, but at least she has hands to hold one from one of the other Saber Alter nendos.  

I now have 3 Nendoroid Dolls:  Mordred here, Saber Alter and Jeanne Alter.  I have Jeanne D'Arc on preorder.  Most of my Nendoroid purchases in general tend towards Fate characters, especially Altria.  After this experience with Nendo Doll, I confess I'll still grab Altria releases, but I doubt I'll go out of my way to get them, with the new faceplates being the main draw.  

OccultBeast
9 hours ago, Galvatim said:

Oh good.  The glue on the base failed.

This is a known problem with all Nendoroid Doll magnetic bases.  The glue fails almost immediately, and it's clear Goodsmile has no intentions of fixing it.

9 hours ago, Galvatim said:

After this experience with Nendo Doll, I confess I'll still grab Altria releases, but I doubt I'll go out of my way to get them, with the new faceplates being the main draw. 

If you're just interested in new faceplates, I highly recommend checking out ChibiChopShop.com!  They split Nendoroids and Nendoroid Dolls, and sell the parts individually, including Nendoroid Doll clothes, bodies, hands, and shoes.  Their pricing is really fair, and it can save you a lot of money if you're just looking to add on an additional faceplate from a separate release or a part that came bundled with another Nendoroid (ie: Aoba's distressed face that came exclusively with Mink).  If something is out of stock, sign up for email alerts for that item, as they're constantly restocking and adding new items.  They also sell stands and bases for super cheap, so it's great if you wanted to pick up a larger or smaller base to have for display purposes or backups!

• Like 1

nabeerain

So excited to find this thread, though a little worried to hear about the magnet/glue issues. I am currently waiting for my Inuyasha preorder to come in (should arrive December 16th). I also have Sesshomaru and Giyu Tomioka on pre-order. I am hoping to add some of the doll releases to my collection in the future.

Edited by nabeerain

OccultBeast
3 hours ago, Zaliayn said:

Good Smile has posted a photo of the prototype Kagamine Rin & Len dolls on their facebook page 🥰

I'm My wallet is really glad I don't love the look of these two, especially after the hefty price tag of the 5th Symphony Miku Nendoroid...  Something feels slightly off about their faces, like their eyes are too big or too close together, but these are only the prototypes and not finalized, so they could definitely still do some tweaking before the final product.

Someone on Twitter said they looked like Roblox characters and I really can't unsee it lmao

Meowjima

I usually preorder a lot more, but this year/next year I only pre-ordered these two (really don't like how the Sam nendo looks.  Really hope that maybe they'll make Fragile or Amelie, but doubt it.)

f83177c9b4fcd0a15c21d54ea2356cdd.jpg

d16912f57f89301e8f33a9e83f969ed6.jpg

Monty
1 hour ago, OccultBeast said:

Someone on Twitter said they looked like Roblox characters and I really can't unsee it lmao

It’s because they’re reusing ancient (by nendo standards) molds. When I saw this I was SO disappointed because one of the reasons I was so excited for these two was because I thought we were finally going to see updated basic Kagamine molds, as these original ones look extremely dated. We’ve had more modern Kagamine nendoroids before, like the Harvest Moon and even the Append ones, so I was really expecting something like that. Instead it’s....this.

They legitimately look like someone just whacked the dated old heads onto nendoll bodies. Even worse, they look more like the puchi heads and the proportions do not fit the body at ALL. The Miku and Sakura Miku dolls looked so cute, but these two will not look natural next to them at all. The paint job is also flat and lifeless and argh this better just be a prototype but I already have low expectations.😔

I was looking forward to Rin being my first ‘fullset’ nendoll but not like that. Since they will probably sell the outfits on their own, I might make my own using the head from Append or Harvest Moon.

• Like 1

OccultBeast
14 minutes ago, Monty said:

They legitimately look like someone just whacked the dated old heads onto nendoll bodies. Even worse, they look more like the puchi heads and the proportions do not fit the body at ALL. The Miku and Sakura Miku dolls looked so cute, but these two will not look natural next to them at all. The paint job is also flat and lifeless and argh this better just be a prototype but I already have low expectations.😔

It's true, the faces especially look like they just took old ones and reused them.  The proportions are also off, but I'm struggling to figure out if it's the overall head size, the face issue, or the outfits making them look like that.  I think the eye decals are too big, actually, which also puts them too close together, so I really hope they fix that in the final version.  If you compare the eyes to Nendo Doll Miku's, the dark inner sections are off center on the twins', which almost make them look a little cross-eyed.  I think the paint job is definitely just the 'prototype' phase though (or at least I hope it is) because there's no shading in the hair, which is unusual for any Nendoroid product.  The red text at the top is always on figures that still need to be approved, so there's still some hope yet.

But it's true that, especially for the twins, you can just buy the outfit and slap any head on!  I think Rin's Append head would be especially cute!

OccultBeast

My tiniest posable Miku arrived yesterday, and I got a chance to photograph her today!

532275211_tinymiku(1of7).png.4328625d0f2961af28861b2a13518ba0.png

Overall, I rate her a 9/10!  She has some slight differences from the prototype (which is to be expected), including that the seams on her arm sleeves are not flat as originally shown.  Granted, these dolls are incredibly tiny, so there's not a lot of room for her clothing to utilize, so while I have a few 'complaints,' I also totally understand why things are as they are.  Her shirt and skirt are entirely separate of course, so the shirt seems a tiny bit bulky around her middle.  Her skirt sits up under the breast piece, which is a little high, and her undies take up even more space under the skirt, making it a little hard to close the skirt velcro correctly.  The skirt doesn't have the best drape because of it, but honestly, every iteration of Miku suffers from this, including my DD Miku.  I'm just glad her clothes aren't made of satin.

Her boots are very interesting!  There are actually feet already inside of them!  You can't remove them, so you have to remove her bare feet and then attach the boots to her legs, and pull up the sock parts.  It works beautifully though, they look so good on her!  Her arm sleeves also slip on without any elastic or velcro, so one of mine slips off pretty easily, but it's not a problem in my eyes really.  Her pigtails are easy to move and have as much posability as you'd expect from two completely solid scoops.

Her magnetic base is the first Nendoroid Doll base I've ever gotten that didn't immediately break!  The metal plate is still securely glued to the plastic base, so I'm hopeful they've finally fixed that issue.  She comes with a small collection of hands: open (paper), closed (rock/fists), peace (v/scissors), and pointing pairs.  I own a Peach and a Cream Nendoroid Doll, and she's just slightly lighter than the Peach tone, so I think she's probably a match for Almond Milk, even though she's listed as an 'original colour' to match the character.  The Peach hands I own would look fine on her for photos.

Anyway, she's super cute, and looks even more cute with DD Miku~  I'd love to see someone's Sakura Miku Nendoroid Doll with a big Sakura Miku!

1579845370_tinymiku(3of7).png.e8944ff91eda6f75c061e609032e1676.png

*I put the longer neck piece on Nendoroid Doll Miku, just so she looked like she had a neck lmao  She was a little squashed with the standard neck, in my opinion!

Edited by OccultBeast
added more info!
  • Like 2

Tasuke

2101545583_MikuNENDOROIDDoll1-6-21.JPG.007415ab61167b320d9e3f33d0bd52fd.JPG

970830051_MikuNENDOROIDDoll1-7-21(2).JPG.b3bdd6d21e74c1f5bfd900578349cb63.JPG

1920367074_MikuNENDOROIDDoll1-7-21(1).JPG.87cd9739d153bddfe0e5af63686726f1.JPG

Edited by Tasuke
  • Like 3

2020164095_ANightatKonomi12-18-23550px.Horizont..png.35eaba54e8b03fbe6a7f7cd252209e94.png

OccultBeast
1 hour ago, monkeypizzasonic said:

It also sounds like they're considering making the custom faceplate system available in other countries, which would be amazing.

Where'd you see/hear about this?  I'd absolutely die having direct access to the Face Maker program.

monkeypizzasonic
15 hours ago, OccultBeast said:

Where'd you see/hear about this?  I'd absolutely die having direct access to the Face Maker program.

When you suggest something there's a little survey afterwards asking if people have heard of it and if they'd be interested in using it. 

OccultBeast
52 minutes ago, monkeypizzasonic said:

When you suggest something there's a little survey afterwards asking if people have heard of it and if they'd be interested in using it. 

Oh heck, they should have just made that separate.  I didn't fill out the form because I don't have any suggestions that I think are worth submitting lol  Thank you!

monkeypizzasonic
On 3/11/2021 at 9:34 AM, OccultBeast said:

Oh heck, they should have just made that separate.  I didn't fill out the form because I don't have any suggestions that I think are worth submitting lol  Thank you!

You can also use the form to request they re-release something, if you don't have any new ideas.

OccultBeast
1 hour ago, monkeypizzasonic said:

You can also use the form to request they re-release something, if you don't have any new ideas.

Yeah, I decided to go ahead and throw a few never-going-to-happen wishes into the form to have some of the original Magical Mirai Nendoroids rereleased, just so I could tell them a few times that I'd gladly pay for Face Maker parts! 😂

Gallye

Heh, yeah, I made my own never-going-to-happen wish for the same reason. I have had this soft spot for Ashton Anchors from Star Ocean 2 for literally twenty years, so why not say so? What are they gonna do, laugh at me on social media? 😂

• Like 1