Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Sign in to follow this  
Bubbles

Volks SD Body Coating

Bubbles

I am looking to possibly get a FCS doll. One of the options is the body coating.

Does anyone know what this looks like? Does it change the color of the doll or is it 100% clear and just adds a rougher finish to the doll?

I have a SD16 Ami Ayase (newest version) I bought from Mandrake and it seems pretty smooth. I'm guessing these never came with body coating?

Thanks for replies in advance.

galatia9

As far as I know, sometimes Volks offers body coating with limited dolls like your Ami, but you have to order it when you pay for your doll. I don't know if they offer it with every limited doll. I've never preordered a doll with coating, because it takes longer to arrive that way. If she wasn't sueded, she's likely not coated.

However, I did buy a FCS F-21 girl secondhand, and I believe she had the coating and "self-standing parts" done by Volks. She was sueded with thin leather (pliver). The coating seems to be very thin and doesn't change the resin color. The finish is slightly more matte. But the coating was done a little sloppily, and she has blotches on her tummy and buttocks where the coating was smeared. It doesn't bother me much since she's always dressed, but I wish she didn't have the flaws in the coating!

Hope this helps.

Linda S.

galatia9

DDH03 girl DDH07 x2 boys DDH06 girl DDH-05 x2 boys

DDH01 mod girl Saber Alter SqLab Tsubaki boy DDH-02 girl

Mio Honda Youmu Konpaku x2 boy twins

Also: DDS Lagla, Sheryl Nome, SmD Melody, SmD Eiji x2