MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Sign in to follow this  
Silent

Any Pullip experts here?

Silent

Hell low.

First of all:

(I am not allowed to use url links yet ´cause I do not have permission. And img is OFF. So I can not post url link or picture. Please insert the link to web browser and merge letters together.)

h t t p s : / / c 1 . s t a t i c f l i c k r . c o m / 3 / 2 5 0 4 / 3 7 3 2 8 4 0 4 7 7 _ a 7 3 a 3 5 9 e c 0 . j p g

I am very excited about this hybrid experiment.

I was trying to find out some pullip head but I do not where to afford cheaper one (or pullips are only in hundreds of money priceing?) And also are there any different head and overall pullip sizes? Or is this pretty experiment using general size of pullip head from general size pullip body?

Are here any Pullip experts?

Cauldroness

All Pullips essentially share the same head (there are some slightly differences between the old Type 1 from the early 2000s and the modern Pullip of today), and they're all the same size, so the only thing that really matters is finding a Pullip head in the right color.

You can find used Pullips quite cheaply (like $50) on Pullip forums, Facebook groups, flickr, etc. A lot of Pullip owners hybrid their dolls onto the Obitsu 27cm or 23cm bodies, so if you ask around in Pullip groups, someone should be able to tell you which color heads will match Obitsu.

Doll Photos & Doll Jewelry Sales: Follow me on Instagram

jaderose

You can find cheaper Pullips on Yahoo Japan Auctions - there's a whole subcategory for Pullip auctions. I'd check that out before you look into forums/groups, especially if you don't want the full doll. (Pullip heads are really darn cheap on Y!J, but most of the head-only listings don't include the eye mech/eyelids, so you'd have to find another auction for those, and find a way to put them in the head.) (You'll also need a proxy - I like Zenmarket.)

Make It Own kits aren't as easy to come by as I'd like, but they're basically blank Pullips, and are cheaper than fullsets. http://pullipstyle.com/pullipstyle/ sells them occasionally.

There are smaller Pullips called Little Pullip, but they're so different that you don't need to worry about getting them mixed up (tiny, mostly un-articulated bodies, as opposed to actual Pullips).

Face mold-wise, Pullip has some friends - Dal is grouchy and I think a bit shorter, and then Taeyang/Byul/Isul/etc. You can check out Pullipstyle and see how they look. (Taeyang is basically male-Pullip, but the rest of them are less similar in mold.)

Do let us know if you end up making a hybrid! I haven't seen many Pullips on larger bodies, and I'd love to see how it'd look.

• Like 1

The post above this signature was probably TLDR, and I am very sorry.