Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

cfx

Good Smile Company's Harmonia Bloom 1/6 Dolls

DollyInsider
7 hours ago, Monty said:

They also announced a PuiPui Molcar collab. At first I thought it was just the hoodies, but it seems like they are complete Near Harmonia dolls. Chino Syoko did the faceup and eye design on them too. I like how unique/almost cartoony these faceups are compared to others.

I was surprised 😯 to see Harmonia Near featuring licensed characters. 

In a blog post, they stated they had no plans to introduce other Near dolls, but they also mentioned that this decision would be influenced by the feedback received. 

It seems like the response was positive 👍

I'm super eager to find out the price for these two

• Like 1

seaslugs

I think the two Molcar collabs are really cute! I might pick one up if the price is right. Definitely interesting to see a licensed collab on the Near line.

I have the Harmonia Holo, and while I like her, I feel like she was too expensive for what I got. I also feel like I have to keep her in her fullset, and it'd be nice to have one that I can play dressup with.

amiamitchi

sorry if this is a dumb question: if i missed the preorder period for oberon am i out of luck or will there be a chance to purchase him when the release date approaches? all my dolls are from second hand (mercari, yahoo auctions, mandarake) so i'm not too familiar with how preorders work in general! 😅

i haven't been a huge fan of some of the other character releases but i love fgo and both versions that are coming out and hope there's a way to snag him without a huge markup _(°:з」∠)_

Monty
Posted (edited)
On 8/18/2024 at 12:09 PM, amiamitchi said:

sorry if this is a dumb question: if i missed the preorder period for oberon am i out of luck or will there be a chance to purchase him when the release date approaches? all my dolls are from second hand (mercari, yahoo auctions, mandarake) so i'm not too familiar with how preorders work in general! 😅

i haven't been a huge fan of some of the other character releases but i love fgo and both versions that are coming out and hope there's a way to snag him without a huge markup _(°:з」∠)_

He was a special project that was made to order, but I would keep my eye on amiami when the release date rolls around (some time next month edit: actually the month after next ) just in case there are cancelled orders. It’s happened plenty of times before with the Dollybird limited preorder dolls (it’s how I managed to get my sugarcups candyruru). Note that this is only his second ascension version as the first ascension was exclusive to GSC, and I’m not sure how common it is to be able to buy them outright after release date from them (but worth a look).

As for aftermarket I really have no idea what to expect. The Humming line seems to be heavily discounted on the after market but not so much the Blooms, and Oberon is extremely popular.

edit: Speaking of Oberon, since it wasn’t mentioned in the thread yet he’s getting -another- outfit set (they call it an Extra set as opposed to outfit set though, likely (hopefully) because it has hand/feet/wings/wig) for Vortigern. 

https://x.com/harmonia_series/status/1819516025831842279?s=46&t=4p5nRrsi9Bdrs_0lk7Ex6w

I’m both relieved and disappointed he’s not a full doll, but I did want a separate doll to be him rather than just a costume (especially cos I’d rather his facial expression be different - I really liked the grumpy custom one they kept bringing to events) so I will probably just buy another blank body and head and commission a faceup, assuming the set has everything else I need. 

Edited by Monty
  • Like 2

amiamitchi
2 minutes ago, Monty said:

He was a special project that was made to order, but I would keep my eye on amiami when the release date rolls around (some time next month) just in case there are cancelled orders. It’s happened plenty of times before with the Dollybird limited preorder dolls (it’s how I managed to get my sugarcups candyruru). Note that this is only his second ascension version as the first ascension was exclusive to GSC, and I’m not sure how common it is to be able to buy them outright after release date from them (but worth a look).

As for aftermarket I really have no idea what to expect. The Humming line seems to be heavily discounted on the after market but not so much the Blooms, and Oberon is extremely popular.

ty for replying so quickly ^o^ i'll be sure to keep an eye out on amiami!! 2nd ascension is my favorite in-game outfit but i'd love any oberon i can get my hands on lol

• Like 1

Monty
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, amiamitchi said:

ty for replying so quickly ^o^ i'll be sure to keep an eye out on amiami!! 2nd ascension is my favorite in-game outfit but i'd love any oberon i can get my hands on lol

That’s lucky the amiami one is the version you prefer then! I have to correct myself though - the 2nd ascension one doesn’t come out next month, it’s the first ascension one that does. 2nd comes out a month after the first ascension one. (so october) We don’t have an actual release day yet but once we do you’ll know when to check and hopefully you can snag one!

Edited by Monty
  • Like 1

Courtmom

So I’ve looked around with little luck, what do the bottom of the head and the neck connector look like? I’ve seen pictures of just a little peg, but surely a head that size has a more stable neck piece?

ohnoaiwa
3 hours ago, Courtmom said:

So I’ve looked around with little luck, what do the bottom of the head and the neck connector look like? I’ve seen pictures of just a little peg, but surely a head that size has a more stable neck piece?

sorry for the poor lighting but heres a pic of the bottom of the head with the little peg

20240820_210237.jpg.dbf04a088c7fd0d3e071b1af6eb93103.jpg

it's pretty much the little peg you would see from other gsc figures like nendoroids/figmas 

I can take more in depth pics tomorrow when there is better lighting if you would like!

• Like 1

Courtmom
8 hours ago, ohnoaiwa said:

sorry for the poor lighting but heres a pic of the bottom of the head with the little peg

20240820_210237.jpg.dbf04a088c7fd0d3e071b1af6eb93103.jpg

it's pretty much the little peg you would see from other gsc figures like nendoroids/figmas 

I can take more in depth pics tomorrow when there is better lighting if you would like!

Wow! It really is held in there by just a tiny peg?? Then how does the body not buckle over??

• Like 1

ohnoaiwa
4 hours ago, Courtmom said:

Wow! It really is held in there by just a tiny peg?? Then how does the body not buckle over??

no idea 😅 just good engineering i guess!

Courtmom
18 hours ago, ohnoaiwa said:

no idea 😅 just good engineering i guess!

I would love more pictures though!

ohnoaiwa
7 hours ago, Courtmom said:

I would love more pictures though!

sure! of just the head and neck peg? I can try to upload some after work today

Courtmom
Just now, ohnoaiwa said:

sure! of just the head and neck peg? I can try to upload some after work today

Yes please!

• Like 1

ohnoaiwa
9 hours ago, Courtmom said:

Yes please!

hope the lighting is ok! here is the inside of the head. The neck peg doesn't go all the way into the head! you can only see the eye mechanism in there o:20240822_213651.jpg.6053020471b01d83dd15e44faee2a2d4.jpg

and the head just pops into the neck hole in the body and voila! that's it! They stand pretty ok on their own without a stand, but because they are so light they can definitely topple over just by looking at them funny 😅 20240822_213605.jpg.c13a6f74802f13ae9030449db4e24fe8.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Courtmom
10 hours ago, ohnoaiwa said:

hope the lighting is ok! here is the inside of the head. The neck peg doesn't go all the way into the head! you can only see the eye mechanism in there o:20240822_213651.jpg.6053020471b01d83dd15e44faee2a2d4.jpg

and the head just pops into the neck hole in the body and voila! that's it! They stand pretty ok on their own without a stand, but because they are so light they can definitely topple over just by looking at them funny 😅 20240822_213605.jpg.c13a6f74802f13ae9030449db4e24fe8.jpg

Ooooo super helpful! Mine actually just arrived and I’m playing with her now! How does the neck peg come out though? I see there is a replacement one, but with the way the inside of the head looks, I feel like you either need pliers or good hand grip 🤔 

Monty

I got charged for Oberon yesterday! His release date also got announced as the 18th. Since a whole lot of people new to Harmonia/dolls in general ordered him, I’m hoping there will be a blog post about unboxing him like they’ve done with other Harmonia dolls. Edit: they just confirmed they’ll be posting an unboxing video soon.

I don’t know if the date necessarily means the 2nd ascension version will be the 18th of October, but hopefully hobbysearch announces it in advance too. I’m not sure if GSC will announce the date themselves since he wasn’t sold on their web shop but I’ll still keep an eye out for those hoping to snag one after release.

Edited by Monty
  • Like 4

amiamitchi
15 hours ago, Monty said:

I’ll still keep an eye out for those hoping to snag one after release.

i followed your advice and monitored amiami since the gsc version is coming soon and… i was able to snag a pre-order opening! so excited *^0^*

• Like 2

Monty
5 hours ago, amiamitchi said:

i followed your advice and monitored amiami since the gsc version is coming soon and… i was able to snag a pre-order opening! so excited *^0^*

Oh congrats! I wasn’t sure if they reopened preorders in case of cancellations or just waited until the release but I’m glad you got him!

• Like 1

Monty

I finally got my Oberon today. Since he’s my first Harmonia, I wasn’t 100% sure what to expect but so far I like these dolls a lot, definitely more than I ever expected to. I really like the blister pack style face cover, and keep wondering whether a similar design would work for bigger dolls or if it would be too hard to keep it still.

It felt fitting to give him the bugsfactory Blanca ASAP.

DSC_4337.jpeg.7918702508e11b7547be6d1a94b31272.jpeg

Anyway, I love pretty much everything about him, except for two things. The first is the tassels on his cloak - I don’t mind them being hard plastic, but the way they’re ramrod straight looks weird. If you look at the 2nd ascension version, the rope tie at his waist is also hard plastic but it’s sculpted in a way that suggests some movement, so i wish they’d done similar here? The straightness looks a bit unnatural. The other thing is I really don’t like the method they’ve used to attach his wings. The wings are connected to a clear plastic ‘collar’ that goes around his neck, and then you put his white frilly collar on top of that to hide it. But the stiff clear plastic doesn’t like to lie flush against him and tends to lift up, lifting up the frilly collar too. I wish they’d done this with magnets instead.

But these are minor grievances, and I really love him. He’s my favourite character of all time, so it makes me happy that he got such a cute official doll. 
IMG_1429.jpeg.ccff49aff67121c31490a1fe5ed64dfb.jpeg

• Like 7

amiamitchi
On 9/25/2024 at 7:02 AM, Monty said:

Since he’s my first Harmonia, I wasn’t 100% sure what to expect

you've made him look even better than the stock photos ^o^ i do have a qq: have you noticed any discoloration on the wig where his crown lays? i saw someone on twitter mention it but (auto translate) made it seem like the person wasn't sure if it was due to the crown or if she might've handled the wig without washing her hands 🤔

Monty
11 hours ago, amiamitchi said:

you've made him look even better than the stock photos ^o^ i do have a qq: have you noticed any discoloration on the wig where his crown lays? i saw someone on twitter mention it but (auto translate) made it seem like the person wasn't sure if it was due to the crown or if she might've handled the wig without washing her hands 🤔

Thank you - although the pics do highlight something I didn’t mention, his wig is too long compared to the prototype, and I think it would look better shorter but I don’t have the guts to cut it. 
I haven’t noticed the crown doing anything to his wig nor heard of it myself, although the thought is scary. Do you have a link to the tweet? Edit: found it myself searching crown + wig on twitter, I assume it’s this one https://x.com/suzuya_x07/status/1836755497271378256?s=61&t=Yu0eGVZRpH3eaiC2l3hzGA In that case I’m surprised because this was literally the day they unboxed him and it was only on his head for about 2 hours. He’s been out nearly 2 weeks in japan and with me nearly 1 week and I’ve never seen anything like this, so I really wonder what on earth happened?? Hopefully it could be removed easy enough, in their next photos of him it’s hard to tell if the stain is still there.

Here he is again, he’s really fun to photograph and play with. I bought a new 30cmx30cm light box especially for him so it’s been getting a lot of use. He’s definitely easier to play with without the wings, spectacular as they look.

IMG_1452.jpeg.5219b266a111cb81aaba0635f86c67f0.jpeg

I also was able to confirm today that he fits Pure Neemo XS and S outfits/shoes really well.
DSC_4402.jpeg.80aa4ca2b8c09cfa38ea12d5e1050a4a.jpeg

Edited by Monty
  • Like 3