The Ecchizonans

Zoom Meetup

Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Averis

DollfieDreams Member Acclimatization Thread (new site Q&A)

Testament

I really like the new forum!

• Thanks 1

banner%2Bb%2Band%2Bm%2B1200%2Bpx%2Bcon%2

Lunis
12 hours ago, sinclair said:

I can't seem to figure out how to quote a quote.  Clicking the quote button on a post didn't include what they were quoting, so I don't know how it's done.  Anywho is the 1/6 doll in question a Pureneemo?  The guidelines seem to rule them out, but they were an off topic doll in the old forum.  Need some more guidance on this one.

No, it's a 22cm Obitsu and an 11cm Obitsu. I assume the 11cm would be ruled out since it doesn't have an internal frame, but the 22-26cm dolls are fulled jointed and have an internal frame in the torso. Because they're so small it isn't really needed for the limbs, but the torso is soft with a frame. Everything else fits the criteria exactly.

cfx

This is probably just how the forum software works but I am bringing it up in case it's a setting that can be changed.

If I look at my unread content list and there is activity from a user I have on my ignore list, I still see their updates. I'd prefer not to.

Averis
4 hours ago, cfx said:

This is probably just how the forum software works but I am bringing it up in case it's a setting that can be changed.

If I look at my unread content list and there is activity from a user I have on my ignore list, I still see their updates. I'd prefer not to.

Far as I can tell that's not something on my end. I allowed ignoring of other members. I'll have to look into it.

cfx

While I've been nitpicking a lot of things I wanted to express thanks for what you've done here as I am sure it was a lot of work and aside from things I've complained about the forum is nice and there's really been very few issues as well.

@onion20@

• Thanks 1

DistortedDiva

First I want to say, I like the new site! Its gonna take some time to get used to it, but I like it!! 
Second. In the welcome post, it says that if you are a Patreon, you can change your name every 90days?
Does that apply to backers as well? I've always regretted my username, and would LOVE to get a more fitting one

Averis
4 minutes ago, FelixTan said:

First I want to say, I like the new site! Its gonna take some time to get used to it, but I like it!! 
Second. In the welcome post, it says that if you are a Patreon, you can change your name every 90days?
Does that apply to backers as well? I've always regretted my username, and would LOVE to get a more fitting one

You only have to be a member or above for that, not a patron only thing. Go to your account settings (found in the menu on your username on the top right of the site), and you should be able to click change next to display name. ^^

• Like 1

sinclair

I totally missed the on/off-topic part, my bad. @onion16@

cfx
9 minutes ago, unknowdata said:

New market section looks awesome! Although I wish my Previous trade feedback would migrate here too....

In case you didn't see this, if you edit your profile there is a place to put a link to your feedback on the old forum, and then that link shows up in your posts right above the new feedback icons.

cfx
On 3/20/2019 at 7:07 PM, Averis said:

I think I've found a bug. Looking at the "Unread Content" settings; I keep changing it to "unread item links take me to the first unread comment"; it asks me to save this; I click save, and then the next time it has reset to "unread item links take me to the top of the page" which is definitely not what I want. I've tried to set this multiple times and it never stays.

Sadly, I can't fix any bugs as I didn't program the site. I can send in a ticket and maybe the next update they will fix it. ^^

To add a bit of information here, I suspect the save function isn't working at all. It lets you change the name of the stream and I just tried that, and not only do these changes not stick, that new stream name I created doesn't exist when you come back either.

Averis

I'm making a personal list of some of the possible bugs and such people listed here. So don't think I'm ignoring you all about certain things, I just need to do a little research and get back to ya when I find something. I've also contacted a couple creators of some of our features to ask for additional functions or to find out if something is not working right. 

Ravendruid

Just wanted to add that the site is beautifully laid out on mobile, as well. MUCH easier to read and navigate on muni phone than the old site. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Daddy of: Yuriko, Sohi, Miku and SK's many kids

12437295384_b307eb5ce8.jpg

cfx

I'm unsure whether to keep posting these things here or in the suggestions and feedback area now?

With respect to the ignored users list, unlike the old forum with how the marketplace works here, ads from an ignored user are not hidden. I'm guessing that is something that can't be changed with how the marketplace works, but if it is something that could be added as another block option I'd like it. If I'm ignoring someone because I have issues with them, then they're also someone I don't want to do business with.

OTOH, I love that the way the marketplace works now eliminates the excessive daily post bumping spamming that was prevalent among certain users before.

Averis

I'll add it to my list of things to check into. Far as I can tell it's not a setting on my end, so it might just be something that needs to be added to the marketplace.

BeyondTime

Maybe some of the events in the General Discussion thread for Smartdoll should get moved to the News and Events section. Some of them pertain to upcoming releases and events. Assuming all of the stuff from the old Smartdoll section in off topic just got put into one thread, but it might be more encouraging to new members coming in for SmD if they see stuff in that section.

We might want to prioritize adding some SmD and Obitsu banners to the rotation as new Banners are chosen too.

Edited by BeyondTime

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

kct

... I didn't notice you can directly paste a copied pic into the post editor. Doesn't need to save as something else.

BeyondTime
12 hours ago, Averis said:

Sure. If you see a topic in the wrong section you can report it as "Wrong Section."

I reported a few of the ones I thought were news or product announcements. I wasn't completely sure about some of them because a lot of the topics are pretty casual as opposed to the formal announcements in the DD News & Events section.

Edit: Maybe the moving eye one should be clothing and accessories rather than News & Events.

Edited by BeyondTime

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

cfx
On 3/20/2019 at 7:01 PM, cfx said:

I think I've found a bug. Looking at the "Unread Content" settings; I keep changing it to "unread item links take me to the first unread comment"; it asks me to save this; I click save, and then the next time it has reset to "unread item links take me to the top of the page" which is definitely not what I want. I've tried to set this multiple times and it never stays.

I see now that this probably works, but not like I expected it to.

I've been clicking on "Unread Content" at the top, right under the banner image. I was thinking saving would change defaults on how that worked. What it actually does is create a new activity stream with the same name (or a different one if you change it) that is under "Activity --> My Activity Streams" at the top. You can make it the default one, but that probably still doesn't make it replace the one under the banner.

Averis
12 hours ago, cfx said:

I see now that this probably works, but not like I expected it to.

I've been clicking on "Unread Content" at the top, right under the banner image. I was thinking saving would change defaults on how that worked. What it actually does is create a new activity stream with the same name (or a different one if you change it) that is under "Activity --> My Activity Streams" at the top. You can make it the default one, but that probably still doesn't make it replace the one under the banner.

I think the one under the banner is just a general (generic) undread content. Yeah, you'd have to use the custom streams maybe to do what you wanted. I haven't gotten to test that yet. 

SakuraSylph

Q1: Is there a way to compact the site layout?  Every part of the layout, except for the text itself, is HUGE on my display.  I have to do a lot more scrolling to see the same amount of information as before, and this is true both on the main page and on every individual thread I've visited.  For the threads I think the culprit is the user information box, which can grow to much longer than the actual post content because so many things (backer banner, patron banner, email, past feedback, trader feedback box, #dolls) are stacked one on top of the other leading to a long vertical scroll.  It's fine to have the information there, just in a more.. compact.. manner.

Q2: Can we get rid of the scrolling "featured adverts" in the marketplace?  The section can be there if you want (though I'd prefer it gone), but nevertheless I'd like to request that it at least be static.  I don't want motion distracting my eyes from looking for other things on the page.  I could add an AdBlock filter to get rid of featured adverts entirely on my end, but I just thought I'd suggest making it static instead.

• Like 1

SakuraSylph

sinclair
18 hours ago, Averis said:

I think the one under the banner is just a general (generic) undread content. Yeah, you'd have to use the custom streams maybe to do what you wanted. I haven't gotten to test that yet. 

I still can't figure out this quote within a quote.  What am I missing?

Anywho, when I noticed that the link didn't seem to save anything, I created my new thread search like I wanted and then made that my web browser's bookmark for the site.  When I visit that's teh first thing I do anyway, so now it takes me right to it.

Sinisterrainbow

Thank you so much for your hard work! I really love the new board!

• Thanks 1

Averis
6 hours ago, sinclair said:

I still can't figure out this quote within a quote.  What am I missing?

I only way I figured it out so far is don't click any buttons or anything, just highlight the text in the post itself highlighting the quotes you want etc, and there should then be a little box that pops up around where you started your text selections that says "quote selection." If you click that it will then put you in the editor with the text and quotes you selected intact.