Baldylox

baldylox

The Facebook debacle & other issues

Katsudon

I don't understand why this needs so many posts. I was agreeing with you. 😕

BeyondTime
2 minutes ago, Katsudon said:

I don't understand why this needs so many posts. I was agreeing with you. 😕

Sorry, I thought maybe it wasn't clear where I was coming from. I wanted to be clear that yes you can say "Danny."

• Like 1

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

DollyDearest
59 minutes ago, BeyondTime said:

Sorry, I thought maybe it wasn't clear where I was coming from. I wanted to be clear that yes you can say "Danny."

okays.  i was just worried, since he sees this forum, we'd get in trouble, & be unable to order smd stuffs    i may not agree with certain business practices. but i like some of the apparel etc.    but get where ya was comin from.  my brain just freezes lolz

BeyondTime
47 minutes ago, DollyDearest said:

okays.  i was just worried, since he sees this forum, we'd get in trouble, & be unable to order smd stuffs

We can provide no protection from retaliation by Danny.

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

DollyDearest
31 minutes ago, BeyondTime said:

We can provide no protection from retaliation by Danny.

i understand.       does they even know who any of us are?

BeyondTime
39 minutes ago, DollyDearest said:

i understand.       does they even know who any of us are?

He seems to have been able to figure some out. 

• Like 3

belpita
19 hours ago, BeyondTime said:

AKAIK, no one here objects to fraud prevention for the purpose of protecting his business from being ripped off. What people here object to is the way his system just conveniently seems to block people who are critical on social media. 

I don't see how one cancels out the other. I was only making an observation on one type of behaviour that may have been the reason for all the test questions (I've seen "purity test" also) and warnings before proceeding through checkout, which I believe are unique to SmD

Most businesses just want to make business and aren't bothered what other products a consumer buys elsewhere, other than perhaps wanting to appear better than the others. I don't see Volks banning you from purchases because you post other dolls in their clothes or question the quality of or idea behind their products. 

BeyondTime
21 minutes ago, belpita said:

I was only making an observation on one type of behaviour that may have been the reason for all the test questions

You said "typical" though, as if fraudsters may be the norm. For all I know fraudsters are his norm. My point was: I don't think much of anyone here is objecting to fraud prevention; it makes total sense he would take steps to protect himself from fraud. 

belpita
10 minutes ago, BeyondTime said:

You said "typical" though, as if fraudsters may be the norm. For all I know fraudsters are his norm. My point was: I don't think much of anyone here is objecting to fraud prevention; it makes total sense he would take steps to protect himself from fraud. 

I think I said typical of those who do chargebacks, yes. 

But to me it's also an observation of behaviour that apparently affects how other customers are handled = everyone becomes a suspect. Fraud prevention begins to extend beyond those who do chargebacks to those who are suspected of maybe doing it at some point in the future, because they raised concerns or questioned something. 

Edited by belpita

BeyondTime
50 minutes ago, belpita said:

But to me it's also an observation of behaviour that apparently affects how other customers are handled = everyone becomes a suspect. Fraud prevention begins to extend beyond those who do chargebacks to those who are suspected of maybe doing it at some point in the future, because they raised concerns or questioned something. 

Exactly, and people on his "enemies list."

DollyDearest
10 hours ago, BeyondTime said:

He seems to have been able to figure some out. 

s$#@  hopefully he doesn't know me.   why ban someone though for just opinions?

BeyondTime
26 minutes ago, DollyDearest said:

He seems to have a thin skin.

DollyDearest
40 minutes ago, BeyondTime said:

He seems to have a thin skin.

so opinons are insults?   wierd.     

BeyondTime
2 hours ago, DollyDearest said:

so opinons are insults?   wierd.     

More like they are taken to heart even when it's not warranted.

• Like 3

moerunamida
5 hours ago, DollyDearest said:

Because he can, more or less. He has influence and power, and they don't blend well with someone who has thin skin. If you want to avoid him finding out who you are, just try to make sure the name you use on here doesn't match anything other social media. Don't link your instagram or facebook to this forum.

• Like 4

r75s0k.gifCircle (Towa) Yui (MDD) Coralie (MDD) 88 (Kizuna AI) 1rukij4.gif

DollyDearest

okay something happened to my post, idk what   but ik mention childern stalk me.  sooooo idk of that was vol-lation   of comm rules. someone let me know

finnleo
14 minutes ago, DollyDearest said:

someone let me know

Probably plucked by moderators due to stuff getting way off topic.

DollyDearest
4 minutes ago, finnleo said:

Probably plucked by moderators due to stuff getting way off topic.

ah. okays.   meh bad. i was actually explainin to someone why i do not list my social media on here

DollyDearest
20 hours ago, Eighteafive said:

Because he can, more or less. He has influence and power, and they don't blend well with someone who has thin skin. If you want to avoid him finding out who you are, just try to make sure the name you use on here doesn't match anything other social media. Don't link your instagram or facebook to this forum.

No worries, i avoid that like the plague lolz

baldylox

I'm the one who deleted a few posts above and yes it was because they were getting WAY off topic.  If you want to discuss other things like stalkers and whatnot, please take it to PM's.

I know this thread goes a little OT here and there but lately it seems to be doing so more often and the mod team has decided it needs to stay on topic with no name calling or way OT posts.  That might seem a bit much to ask but trying to keep things civil in a post this long and this predominant/well known can be a hassle and we get messages almost daily about it.  So please keep things calm and direct and there won't be any issues.

I'm not pointing fingers at anyone and there were no behind the scenes reprimands on this.  I'm just asking that everyone follow the rules and play nice because I think that sometimes we let our emotions get the better of us and we forget that this is a hobby and hobbies are meant to be fun. *Some* people seem hell bent on not doing that but that's what this thread was made for.... discussing those issues and wrongs and how we as a group can still get the dolls and outfits we love without lining a certain persons pockets.  😉 

Thank you.

Billy

• Like 9

I gave up counting the girls I own, they keep multiplying and won't stop.

BeyondTime
1 hour ago, baldylox said:

I'm the one who deleted a few posts above and yes it was because they were getting WAY off topic.

I did hide one post that seemed to cross the line into abuse targeting Danny. I don't agree with Danny on many things, but we need to avoid coming off as bullies with him because it's just going to be counterproductive. Plus bullying is just messed up. I don't think the post in question was intended that way, but it did cross the rules line. 

• Like 5

DollyDearest
17 hours ago, BeyondTime said:

I did hide one post that seemed to cross the line into abuse targeting Danny. I don't agree with Danny on many things, but we need to avoid coming off as bullies with him because it's just going to be counterproductive. Plus bullying is just messed up. I don't think the post in question was intended that way, but it did cross the rules line. 

well i'd never bully anybody.   i do agree it's messed up to bully people.        my post was a answer to question.  sorry though for airin ot subjects though

IgelFullmetal

Credit where credit is due, bust pieces with mastectomy scars is pretty neat. 

• Like 3

Oculae

IMG_3701.png.40be6db678a1613f37827f36ae76723e.png

For those who missed it...hopefully the spoiler works. The scarring's a bit prominent and I don't wanna squick anyone. 😅

It's super cool though, I like it!

• Thanks 1

tumblr_o9govtKpFv1v9twgko1_400.gif.eae368d3c0bfc2a75087167170705ec2.gifPlease ping me when replying!

Sebby
8 hours ago, Oculae said:

Reveal hidden contents

IMG_3701.png.40be6db678a1613f37827f36ae76723e.png

For those who missed it...hopefully the spoiler works. The scarring's a bit prominent and I don't wanna squick anyone. 😅

It's super cool though, I like it!

I am honestly not a fan. I would like a full mastectomy bust (but I am banned so will never get it) because it's perfect for a trans character.

However, with the partial... I work a lot with breast cancer patients and I only see people ashamed of it. They either do both to even it out or get an implant to make it look normal again. I get that Danny wants to do more diversity but I worry about how he is using these things to make money. I wonder if he actually talks to people who have this. The acne and birthmark girls are cool. the amputee ones are okay too. But cancer is a scary and extremely tough thing to deal with and having a breast removed has a huge effect on women's mental state. I've spoken with women who don't feel like a woman anymore because of it. I've been at therapy sessions where women couldn't look at themselves in a mirror without a shirt on. I doubt any of these women would get a doll with the thing they themselves are so ashamed of.

Of course this differs per person, so I cannot speak for everyone who has had breast cancer. But this is what I deal with at work. 

The design is really well done though and looks legit. A full one would be cool. 

• Like 4
  • Sad 3