Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

foo

Dollfie Icon

meteorite

The new outfits are incredible! <3

Volks is clearly dedicating more resources to Tawny, with frames now matching the skin and a character release in the colour (Anthy). I hope it comes to Dream Choice soon...

Or maybe these are leftover frames from Anthy's production run and I'm totally wrong. 😅😒

• Like 1

Moved on to resin BJD

Favourite DD: Sakuno Uryuu

PlasticJester

Oooh, the looks are giving me some classic Barbie vibes!

592108676_DollGroupPixel.png.059a2d02f02ccb8975d8c8461ef7b1cc.png

BeyondTime
1 hour ago, meteorite said:

Or maybe these are leftover frames from Anthy's production run and I'm totally wrong.

They did matching colors for all the fantasy color girls for the last two years. 

58 minutes ago, PlasticJester said:

I hadn't thought about that, but that's a really good point. The movie was a pretty big deal and the face-ups do look Barbie inspired. 

• Like 1

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

ragnamuffin
2 hours ago, PlasticJester said:

My mom does not like my dolls but does collect Barbies. I wonder if this would be the push she needs to embrace this side of the hobby… 🤔 

• Like 3

Gallye

I never knew before how much I wanted somebody to make Dollfie Icons - especially the new smiling ones - into Jem and the Holograms dolls. 😄

• Like 3

PlasticJester

Quick question as I browse the Dollfie Icon site- how many unique headsculpts are there? It seems to me Clover-Lilac-Serra-Terra share a regular and "romantic" (half-lidded) sculpt, and Nikki and Aisha have a new open-mouth sculpt? Is that true, or am I missing something obvious? I'm assuming the fantasy ears some of them have clip on like the Dream Choice ears do?

BeyondTime
2 hours ago, PlasticJester said:

Nikki and Aisha have a new open-mouth sculpt?

I think the new sculpts added 3 years ago were for Tawny Skin and Petal Skin; those are Aisha and Nikki's sculpts. 

The rest were all introduced in 2019. 

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

PlasticJester

Ah, I see! I wasn't sure from the Icon website posts how recent they were.

BeyondTime
1 hour ago, PlasticJester said:

Ah, I see! I wasn't sure from the Icon website posts how recent they were.

This is the third release of the new heads.

Wasabi

Oh gosh the new outfits are amazing!

The new looks really make choosing between Aisha and Terra difficult... or at least it would be if I had any chance of getting them here in the EU 😢

Lenneth

Was anyone else at Dollpa and saw how they handled the ICON lotteries this time? It was kinda, well... brutal.

SakuraSylph
3 hours ago, Lenneth said:

Was anyone else at Dollpa and saw how they handled the ICON lotteries this time? It was kinda, well... brutal.

.......it was one of the commonly-known standard ways Volks allocates dolls at in-person events. No worries.

SakuraSylph

Lenneth
5 minutes ago, SakuraSylph said:

.......it was one of the commonly-known standard ways Volks allocates dolls at in-person events. No worries.

I didn't know what to expect. Because I'm new. 

• Like 2

SakuraSylph
39 minutes ago, Lenneth said:

I didn't know what to expect. Because I'm new. 

Welcome! Nothing like diving right in to Dolpa to teach you a whole lot in a hurry. 😅

• Like 2

SakuraSylph

baldylox

Just to add a bit of info for anyone who has been wondering....

I spoke with Mikey, the lead on the team that makes the Icons, a few times about several different things but one thing I asked her really stuck out to me.  I asked if she knew how many Icons in total had been made and sold since 2019.  She told me that she didn't have a definitive number on them but that she was pretty sure the total including this Dolpa was right around or just under the 500 mark.

500 Icons total in the world across all skin tones and head sculpts since they first arrived in 2019.  So in 5 years that's only about 100 Icons max each year.  I said that number seems a bit high since most of the time they only offer them once or twice a year.  But she said every time they offer them there are between 20 and 40 of them, higher numbers especially at LA Dolpas.  After Events also usually see 20 or more.  She also said she wasn't positive on these numbers and was only estimating high so there may be less of them in total.

So even if there are a max number of 500 out there, that's a pretty low number if you think about it.  I know there are resins and other types of dolls that see way lower numbers than this but for something as popular as the Icons, it's amazing to me.  Count yourself very lucky if you have any of these beauties in your doll families!  <3 

Billy

• Like 9

I gave up counting the girls I own, they keep multiplying and won't stop.

RozenGermain
On 7/31/2024 at 11:47 AM, ragnamuffin said:

My mom does not like my dolls but does collect Barbies. I wonder if this would be the push she needs to embrace this side of the hobby… 🤔 

My brain didn't jump to Barbie when I saw them lol! That being said, those dolls are so 1950's!

Lenneth

Oh boy. Here we go again...

Miabird24

No fantasy skin tones so I'm not mad i don't have the money right now lol.

• Like 1

Lenneth

Dollpa was an emotional rollercoaster and now I'm back on the ride 

F in the chat for ya boi

• Like 1

CatGirl

I tried for Aisha at Dolpa and didn't get her, so I spent my budget on another doll instead, lol. I'll probably try again next year. Hoping they'll bring back fantasy skin tones next year too!

Clarities

I was hoping they have the purple lavender skin tone this year but I guess it will comeback next year ☺️

OolongTea

When are winners going to be announced?

BeyondTime
1 hour ago, OolongTea said:

When are winners going to be announced?

Any time after midnight tonight. 

Lenneth
1 hour ago, BeyondTime said:

Any time after midnight tonight. 

-rattles apart at a molecular level-