Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

apag22

Favorite YoSDs?

apag22

I kind of want a YoSD sized doll. Besides Volks, what brands do you all like for this size? I have heard of Leekes and Luts, but know little to nothing about them. Any info is appreciated <3

edit: I would also prefer ones with faceups from the vendor (i cant do it lol)

Edited by apag22

🎎instagram🎎

Doll Family: SmD Mirai, SmD Felicity, MDD Liliru (Yuki), MDD Mochi Ashi (Sakrua), Volks YoSD Lin (Eleanor)

Waiting on: Isla Dolls Raspberry, Volks SDM-F-45, Volks SD-F-22

monkeypizzasonic

I don't have any Luts yo-sd's, but the Luts dolls I do have are really nice and they do very pretty faceups. Fairyland Littlefee are also popular, and can come with multiple faceplates. Most bjd companies offer faceup options, so you probably don't have to worry about that unless you get one from an independent artist or secondhand.

Jezrah

If you're looking for more anime style, SQ Lab has a yo size doll. They're now being sold by Sadol. I have one, and she's very cute.

In vinyl there's also TinyFox in that size.

• Like 1

32717445532_3aa446bd94_m.jpg

nami

There are lots and lots of companies that offer YoSD sized dolls.

I'd suggest you start by browsing through the companies listed on dealer sites, like Alice's Collection and Dolks, to see if there's anything that catches your eye. 

However, it would probably be best not to order through Dolks as their customer service can be problematic esp. when it comes to actually shipping out your order... I ordered from them once and while my experience was mostly OK, lots of other people have had terrible experiences with them. 

Meanwhile, Alice is a wonderful dealer and great to work with! I've ordered multiple times through her without any issues.

• Like 2

monkeypizzasonic

If you're in America, I'd also recommend Denver Doll and Fabric Friends and Dolls, since they're domestic and usually have some dolls in stock. There's also BJDivas, which has a wide selection but usually less in-stock dolls.

• Like 1

marishade

Depends on if you want child 1/6 or mature.

Atelier Momoni and YouPlaDolls are great mature 1/6 dolls. I also am very fond of my 1/6 Noble Doll.

Maskcat has a 1/6 Doll that could look mature or young depending on what you want.

For youngins. . . There are really tons of options. Iplehouse does more realistic bodies and heads. There is also Doll Zone, Soul Doll, Island Doll, ComiBaby, MeadowDolls . . . List goes on and on.

While I do not buy from Dolk, they are a great place to do Doll research. I also second Denver Doll, Alice's Collections, Fabric and Friends and BJDivas; I have bought through all of them.

Do not be afraid to go directly to doll company sites either!

Edited by marishade
spelling
  • Like 1

apag22

Thank you all so much for the shops and tips <3 

🎎instagram🎎

Doll Family: SmD Mirai, SmD Felicity, MDD Liliru (Yuki), MDD Mochi Ashi (Sakrua), Volks YoSD Lin (Eleanor)

OccultBeast

I'll also suggest that you join DenOfAngels if you think you're going to go with a resin option!  They have a public wiki for doll information, but you can also join in on many discussion threads for companies and specific dolls, and also look into the waiting room threads to see the current wait times for each company.  Plus, of course, they have a wonderfully active marketplace, in case you decide to go with a secondhand option (I know their requirements are hefty but they're absolutely worth it).

• Like 2

Serena

I have a Charm Doll Shirley! She's absolutely adorable and the tiny bodies are so cute. I think MYou also has some very cute (and affordable!) YoSD-sized dolls 😄

• Like 2

marishade

I also just discovered Isladolls, they are 1/6 anime style bjds with a pre-order that just opened up.

• Like 1

apag22
20 hours ago, marishade said:

I also just discovered Isladolls, they are 1/6 anime style bjds with a pre-order that just opened up.

Thank you for mentioning this brand! They're super cute and I am highly considering one of these girls!

• Like 1

🎎instagram🎎

apag22
20 hours ago, OccultBeast said:

I'll also suggest that you join DenOfAngels if you think you're going to go with a resin option!  They have a public wiki for doll information, but you can also join in on many discussion threads for companies and specific dolls, and also look into the waiting room threads to see the current wait times for each company.  Plus, of course, they have a wonderfully active marketplace, in case you decide to go with a secondhand option (I know their requirements are hefty but they're absolutely worth it).

I had made an account awhile back, but never went on. I have been browsing for a bit and learning so much!

• Like 1

🎎instagram🎎

apag22

Thought I would update this thread with my great ebay find~ I got a Volks YoSD for really inexpensive. She is in such lovely condition and I seriously can't want to buy her tiny clothes! She is such a fun size, and I absolutely adore her faceup!

20210623_164913.jpg

20210623_164903.jpg

• Like 1

🎎instagram🎎

apag22

Meet Eleanor!! I picked her up an outfit and wig from volks USA today and she is just radiant 🐰💙

20210624_171308_mh1624580832165.jpg

• Like 5

🎎instagram🎎

jazijaz

Your Eleanor is so cute, what a great find! her face up is adorable too <3

I love yo-sd size dolls, I own 5 from Soom, they're all boys and I do their face ups to save on money ^^ but I hope I can add a girl to the tiny family some day, this size is very adorable, it is one of my favorite sizes!

Janeway

I love the 35cm size. I pre ordered this girl in purple skin. She is the new 1/5 girl from dollzone 

20220915_163751.jpg.7290ae37f2f0202560d6cb508788e54a.jpg

• Like 1

black_magicat

I have two cute Volks YoSDs, Piccolo and kanata sculpts. I really like the original volks faceups as well and would recommend. I have  luts but he is a MSD size but his faceup is beautiful and the sculpt is unique, he is a sinclair mill. 

Your volks yoSD is adorable! glad you were able to find something you loved and at a great price!