Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

MagicalRozen

Uta from One Piece RED

RetroKanojo

Ohhh thanks for the update, I love seeing her slowly come together! The dress is so cute as well @onion26@

• Like 1

Rajke

Looks good so far. Face up is nicely done. Can’t say anything about the wig yet because it’s in process. I eagerly await your update.

@onion34@

• Like 1

Greetz, 

Rajke

MagicalRozen

Update time!

Wow this month has been a very busy month for me, doll wise and personally. I ended up getting two dolls in and finally finishing Uta's wig, due to some rather unfortunate free time.

Now, bear in mind, I have never made a wig before, not even a yarn one. It was my first time working with doll hair, wefting, designing a wig and styling it. I am open to critiques, just gentle ones as I am proud of achieving what I did for my first attempt ever.

Eventually, once I gain more experience, I may attempt the wig again. However, for now, I am very, very happy with how it turned out. Everything is free standing and doesn't have any ties or thread securing it. I didn't want any threads or ties showing, so it's just a ton of glue and safe for doll hairgel holding everything well in place.

Where do we go from here?

Well I am still waiting on my seamstress. Unfortunately I haven't heard anything from them in awhile, not since they said they were having difficulty finding the correct fabric for her jacket.

I think I will be making her wings next, either out of modeling clay, or having a ton of help from @XOHimitsuOX in having them modeled. He is seriously the best. I love my friends.

From there it's her shoes, and then her headphones. Both will require an intense amount of work so I may hold off, at least on the shoes, for some time. I want to avoid burnout because her wig really pushed me and took 3 months to make.

Without further ado (hehe), I introduce you all to Uta (V.1)!

20230224_182558.jpg.1306ad23cc86cc0d3fea21de9224a27f.jpg20230224_174601.jpg.a0ef971f1f4bee0e23c93d2a9beb6637.jpg20230224_174550.jpg.dfbf6a9935802bc551e65adc2b47c69e.jpg20230224_174555.jpg.70e7e9654d1d27db2d6832eac3542eee.jpg

Edited by MagicalRozen
  • Like 15

640865272_undefined-Imgur.png.d0e0a1322eb362bad49a4564a4df267d.png

Khepra, Tamaki, Himiko, Kana, Amane, And Others That May Come And Go

Banner by @PlasticJester

Stupid_Hoomun

I think you have done a great job of her wig, she looks awesome. I wouldn't know where to start with making one.

• Like 1

Grover864

She is turning out great. You did do an amazing job and definitely should be proud of it. I am glad I got to see her on the call. Good luck getting the remaining pieces together!

• Like 1

Oculae

WOW THAT WIG

I had no idea her wig was THAT involved. Making that yourself with no prior experience is INCREDIBLE, you should be proud! Excellent work!

• Like 2

tumblr_o9govtKpFv1v9twgko1_400.gif.eae368d3c0bfc2a75087167170705ec2.gifPlease ping me when replying!

MagicalRozen
On 2/24/2023 at 7:38 PM, Stupid_Hoomun said:

I think you have done a great job of her wig, she looks awesome. I wouldn't know where to start with making one.

Thank you so much! Thankfully there were some tutorials online and on YouTube that helped break down some of the basic techniques, like wefts, that helped tremendously. However it's one thing to see it on a video and a whole different beast to try and attempt it in real life. Thank you for the very sweet compliment.

On 2/24/2023 at 10:02 PM, Grover864 said:

She is turning out great. You did do an amazing job and definitely should be proud of it. I am glad I got to see her on the call. Good luck getting the remaining pieces together!

Thank you so much Grover! I was so happy to show the process on the Zoom meet. Sorry I had to leave so suddenly, I was feeling quite ill. Thank you for tthe good luck! I'm feeling optimistic about finishing her, but a little luck never hurt. 😉

15 hours ago, Oculae said:

WOW THAT WIG

I had no idea her wig was THAT involved. Making that yourself with no prior experience is INCREDIBLE, you should be proud! Excellent work!

Thank you so much @Oculae! That really means a lot coming from you and your customizing prowess! Seriously I look up to the incredible work you do with your dolls. Thank you again for such a kind comment! ❤

Banner by @PlasticJester

RetroKanojo

I agree with everyone here: that wig is awesome! @onion8@

She's already coming together so nicely, but I understand that you might feel the need to take a little break. But with her faceup and wig secured you already have the most crucial aspects down and can enjoy her in some 'alternate' outfits! Even in her dress and stockings, she looks so lovely! @onion26@

• Like 1

MagicalRozen
On 2/26/2023 at 2:50 AM, RetroKanojo said:

I agree with everyone here: that wig is awesome! @onion8@

She's already coming together so nicely, but I understand that you might feel the need to take a little break. But with her faceup and wig secured you already have the most crucial aspects down and can enjoy her in some 'alternate' outfits! Even in her dress and stockings, she looks so lovely! @onion26@

Thank you so much Retro! You've been so supportive during this whole project, and I just wanted to say thank you so much. It really means a lot, and I am so happy that you think she's coming together so nicely! I am so thrilled with her progress myself, and I am so proud of how far she's come.

Thank you again for the nice comments! ❤

On 2/26/2023 at 6:22 AM, kranberrijam said:

She looks so good!!

Thank you so much! I really appreciate it! ❤

• Like 2

Banner by @PlasticJester

Roxanne

Wow she's looking amazing! And that wig! 😍 Absolutely stunning!

I'm a big One Piece fan myself and this really makes my heart happy just to see!

• Like 2

My instagram! 

MagicalRozen
3 hours ago, Roxanne said:

Wow she's looking amazing! And that wig! 😍 Absolutely stunning!

I'm a big One Piece fan myself and this really makes my heart happy just to see!

Thank you so much! I am so happy Uta can bring you as much joy as she does me! ❤

I'm actually not the biggest One Piece fan, though I really want to get into it when I have the time after watching the film. I just fell hard for Uta as a character, as I like everything about her. Fhe movie was really such a blast to watch, to the point where I saw the movie twice in theaters, with no subtitles, and with very limited knowledge of Japanese haha.

I have kind of watched the show sporadically through my brother, so I knew the characters and their motivations while watching the film. Definitely can see why you and others love the franchise so much. It's really fun, entertaining and heartwarming at times!

With how popular it is I am surprised there aren't more One Piece dolls floating around. I really hope to see more, especially custom ones, in the future!

Thank you again for the really nice compliments, they made my heart happy and Uta really appreciated them too!

• Like 2

Banner by @PlasticJester

RetroKanojo
On 2/27/2023 at 7:47 AM, MagicalRozen said:

Thank you so much Retro! You've been so supportive during this whole project, and I just wanted to say thank you so much. It really means a lot, and I am so happy that you think she's coming together so nicely! I am so thrilled with her progress myself, and I am so proud of how far she's come.

Thank you again for the nice comments! ❤

Hehe, aww shucks! I'm glad you found my occasional comments encouraging!

It's kind of crazy looking back - you started this thread in August '22 and I still remember that, and now look how far you've come with Uta. There's something so special about watching someone's 'doll journey', if you know what I mean, so I think I really should be thanking you for sharing your progress with all of us!

In the meantime, I've embarked on my own little projects here and there, so I can understand how it feels to slowly watch things progress and fall into place much better now.

At some point, I was wondering 'Is it really worth investing so much time, money and effort into building this effigy of a fictional character? They are not even real!' - but the thing is - their stories evoke real emotions within me. They can make me laugh, they can make me cry, they can make me want to better myself in one way or another. It's the same for you. That movie evoked something inside of you, the attachment and love you feel for Uta is real and you take this love for this character and you shape it into something palpable, something you can see, hold and touch - and isn't that just so beautiful? A real labor of love. Pure art.

To see someone's passion take physical form like this is nothing short of inspiring!

So, yeah, be proud!

• Like 4

PolitelyNefarious

Even after seeing her on Instagram, I'm still agog.

Wow.

First wig. I'd be afraid to show off my first wig. Or my second, or my third. I never have made a 'good' one out of conventional materials. Not only did you nail it, you knocked it out. She is instantly recognizable, and Dannie's faceup seals the deal. When her outfit arrives, she's going to blow all our minds. But to be honest, I think you did the hardest part. That style is so unique, so specific, so detailed to be crafted from something like wefts... unreal. There are people who charge big money to do what you did and for good reason. This looks on par with their work. Like a professional cosplayer, or the likes of 4arllin, Ebildoll, or SophyMolly. RetroKanojo hit the nail on the head: Your passion and love for Uta shows. She is packed with personality that radiates right off the screen, and you should be proud of the work and artistry you've invested in her. It doesn't hurt to not care about One Piece as a franchise over all. Uta and her story mean something to you, and as an author to an audience, that's what counts. Every storyteller dreams of a connection like that. Your expression of it is beautiful, and so is she. Well, well done.

• Like 3

1541664063_324SigUpdate(1).jpg.0e6f96def94bd21c61f91356e0bc8f92.jpg 855019605_DeletelaterSmol.jpg.136e5d245c2328488f8736543aceb78d.jpg

Saluli

Uta is looking great. Can't wait to see her in her heaven's dolls outfit, she does great works

• Like 1

Summon ritual is over. And finally complete.

MagicalRozen

Project is on indefinite hiatus due to my tailor not getting back to me for over 6 months and due to personal frustrations and doubts about the project.

Sorry if I have disappointed any of you.

• Like 2

Banner by @PlasticJester

Jezrah

Hey, I get it. It can be emotionally draining when an art project is not going as planned. Take all the time you need. 🙂

• Like 3

32717445532_3aa446bd94_m.jpg