Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

IgelFullmetal

Obitsu GGR (New Generation 1/3 Body)

Starwaia
Posted (edited)

It really does look so much better than the old one. I hadn't liked the look at first, but seeing them together makes a difference. I still thought the old version had its own charm but the new version blows it out of the water.

EDIT: The comparison also gives a better sense of sizing and such for what clothes may fit. I had been worried it wasn't even close, but... it's better than I expected. Might the new body be able to wear some Dollfie Dream clothes after all? Given that the 50cm size has been overall more petite anyway- so making it thicker shouldn't ruin things too much fitting-wise, I think? (I should check the actual measurements at some point but rn I'm just speculating anyway)

Edited by Starwaia

Currently watching BNHA, 1-2 episodes behind on the anime rn and absolutely obsessed! (being in a fandom late has made dodging spoilers an issue tho :()

More into Nendoroids and my resin BJDs rn- including some BNHA character shells hehehe :)- my Smartdolls are boxed up at the moment but I'm still happy to talk dolls and doll plans!

ohnoaiwa

I really want one of these bodies 😭

hoping won't be too hard to come by! 

• Like 3

Blueberrie

This and the 45cm body just look so good... and knowing they've improved the frame and such really makes me glad I've been waffling for literal years over what vinyl doll to get. Waiting a bit longer won't make that huge a difference -- though I could start looking more seriously into heads, I suppose. 😉

• Like 5

Epona

Akiko's delay is unfortunate but I really hope to see owner photos of her soon! I'd really like to eventually order an Akiko with a smaller bust. She's so cute and the body looks fantastic. I'd love to add her to my (very small lol) 1/3 vinyl doll collection. Right now I just have my Dollfie DDS Karin and I am hoping in the not-distant future to have one of the Smartdoll pear girls. 

• Like 3

Kemonomimicry

In the first instance, I mostly want the new frame parts to come available. Since they're supposed to be compatible with the old frame, that means all my girls will get upgraded hips and shoulders.

chef_mai

I was looking on 1999 / Hobby Search at the Obitsu parts section when another member asked about it. And it looks like the outer skin parts are on fire sale for 55% off. Some are gone. The frame parts aren't on sale.

I don't think they're discontinuing, but that's unexpected.

cheerycherry

The old 48 cm bodies in whitey have been discounted by 36% on 1999 now, the new price is 16,800 yen.