Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Sign in to follow this  
skellie

Help finding male SmartDoll body.

skellie

dose anyone know how to find a male smart doll body I found a head that Ispacer.pngspacer.png think could work for a costume male doll

Tira

I would basically consider the SmD boys discontinued; their release is very rare, with the last one only being available if you'd made previous purchases. You'd have to look for a second-hand body. Moreover, depending on the skin tone of the head, it might be difficult, or even impossible, to find a body that matches. The discontinued Milk skin is the only one that matches any Volks skin tones, and the head you're looking at may not be the correct color to match any of them. Plus, without any other hybrid examples as a reference, you won't know how it'll look in terms of proportion.

Based on the second picture in particular, it looks like the head is resin. There would be a lot more options for resin bodies. The company may make its own bodies, which you can guarantee will fit the head; if they don't, or if you want a different body type, try looking on Instagram for examples.

RetroKanojo

I think SmartDoll is supposed to be releasing a Naruto at some point in the future. So technically there would be a male doll available again. If I remember correctly they are basically done with the prototype, but they might want to wait until the new frame is ready to release him on that. Then again, getting a licensed doll from SmartDoll will most likely be very difficult. I think the last time they partially released Batgirl through their 'lucky boxes' - Chaos? - Only the Brave? - I'm sorry, it's been a while since I've looked into it. The problem there being that technically you didn't know what you were getting although Danny was making hints 'winky face' and you also need to be a returning customer to even be allowed to order one of those blind boxes. 

I believe she was also released 'normally', but I think that went down as a click-war, so you had to follow Danny's Instagram/Twitter and be ready to buy the moment he announced that she was on the store. I'd imagine she sold out very quickly. Now, I don't know how it would go for Naruto - Danny always complained that the male dolls barely sold, but he might not produce as many to begin with. 

Your best bet would probably be trying to stalk the aftermarket. There is a Lelouch available on YJA right now, but for ¥240,000 he's uhh.. not exactly a steal. I've seen male SmartDolls go for much less on Instagram, but again, you have to be very fast.

Oculae

For a realistic head like that, I'd recommend looking into Granado's Vindoll bodies. They're larger and more muscular than Smartdoll boys, but they're also going to be less expensive and easier to find than a smartie, especially since they're going back into production soon based on Granado's recent announcements on the matter. Keep an eye out for those alongside your hunt for a Smartdoll boy and you might have some luck!

tumblr_o9govtKpFv1v9twgko1_400.gif.eae368d3c0bfc2a75087167170705ec2.gifPlease ping me when replying!