Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Monty

Dollfie Dream 20th Anniversary Project

Beani

I’ve always wanted Volks to take another stab at Sakuya cause she’s my favourite Touhou but I really don’t like the doll. I don’t expect that to happen so I’d probably also toss in for Tamaki cause I’d love to see what they do for a V2 on her. 

However my main vote spam last time was for Kud. I’ll likely do that again but Little Busters just doesn’t have much sway these days. She’s such a cute doll that I hoped others would want her and vote but Arle was too much of a powerhouse last time. After Arle won I almost pulled the trigger on buying a Kud at aftermarket but parts of her uniform have degraded so badly most of the time… or the price is just a touch too high for me to justify. 

• Like 1

ragnamuffin

I’m definitely gonna vote for Sakura Miku, so sorry to anyone who has a problem with that lmao

But otherwise there are no other dolls in particular that I want, so I’ll probably vote for whoever most people here want.

I would love it if they re-released Alice’s Familiar Spirits Set because one YJA auction seriously messed up the aftermarket price for it, and the 7th Dragon Type 2020 and 2020-II outfits for Miku, so if we can vote on clothes and accessories too then that’s where my votes are going.

• Haha 1

BeyondTime
36 minutes ago, ragnamuffin said:

7th Dragon Type 2020 and 2020-II outfits for Miku, so if we can vote on clothes and accessories too then that’s where my votes are going.

Yeah, those clothes sets will get my outfit votes for sure if they are offered. I want the blue one for Chihaya.

They did have clothing and accessories votes.

You can see the whole 20th voting thing here: https://dollfie.volks.co.jp/special/dollfie20th/en/pj02_bs/

The outfit designs that won were usually subject to some redesign like new fabric colors. Like the blue military uniforms were re-released, but in black.

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

ragnamuffin
19 minutes ago, BeyondTime said:

The outfit designs that won were usually subject to some redesign like new fabric colors.

Hopefully not in this case! These outfits are based on the dresses Miku wears in the 7th Dragon games. It would look so weird if they remade them in different colours or changed the designs 😕

BeyondTime
2 minutes ago, ragnamuffin said:

Hopefully not in this case! These outfits are based on the dresses Miku wears in the 7th Dragon games. It would look so weird if they remade them in different colours or changed the designs 😕

Oh, I didn't mean they would change licensed outfits, those designs are controlled by the license holder. I meant if you vote for outfits designed by Volks, they could make changes on the re-release. The military outfits I was referring to were Designer Collection, so Volks can do anything they wanted with them.

• Like 1

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

DesertPhantom51

I'm not big on licensed dolls, as I usually don't have strong enough feelings for any of the characters.  But I'd probably lose my mind if they did a DDS reboot of Rise Kujikawa.  I'm hoping with the resurgence of Persona 4 Golden on steam it could happen.  But I won't hold my breath. 

• Like 1

meltystardrops

I'd personally love to see a re-release of Sailor Moon and the Inner Sailor Senshi! For new releases though it would definitely be nice to see Chibi Moon or the Outer Senshi get a release, or Sakura Kinomoto.

RetroKanojo

I don't really care for the best selection vote.. @onion35@There isn't really any existing Dollfie that I absolutely need to have, so I'll likely either vote for whatever seems popular here on the forum or I don't vote at all. Although, looking at their releases, I do wonder how a modernized version of some of the older Dollfies would look like - Rei for example.

Same thing with the clothes, really. I honestly don't even have a good idea of what exists and what I saw after a bit of searching didn't particularly strike me as 'must have' so suggestions are more than welcome lol

• Like 1

Roxanne
1 hour ago, RetroKanojo said:

Although, looking at their releases, I do wonder how a modernized version of some of the older Dollfies would look like - Rei for example.

Ooh yes, that's a good one! She (and of course Asuka as well) is definitely a doll that would do well with an overhaul! Evangelion is also still a very loved series despite it's age, especially in Japan. So it's not too far-fatched either! 

• Like 4

My instagram! 

Singer Yuna

I’m super hyped with the idea of a book compiling all the existent DDs, I’d instabuy. DDs 20th anniversary yaaay!

For the new doll ideas, I will flood them with Yuna requests, and more FF characters now that they’ve seen FF can have a big fanbase. 
For best selection I did vote for Rin reboot that year so this year I will vote for Rem and I like the idea of a sculpt reboot of Rei Ayanami so I will cheer her too. I have the feeling that now that NieR anime is airing maybe they rerelease the droids but I already have mine so less people for the fight.

and for licensed outfits, I’ll vote for the expensive snow miku ones.

• Like 1

image.png.cbc1e19648277386a02b21f041664ca5.png

FintasticPlastik

I’d love a re-release of Usagi Tsukino/Sailor Moon 🌙 

It would be awesome if maybe we got another version of Sailor Moon like a season one version with the original brooch and moon stick.

I would also love if they released a new version of Chii from Chobits.

As for a new licensed Dollfie Dream I’d like to see Devil Hunter Yohko and The Magic Knight Rayearth girls. Most of all though, I’d like to see the tan and/or tawny skin tone to become available as a standard skintone option for base parts.

• Like 6

Miabird24

For new characters I'd LOVE to get a dollfie of Power from chainsaw man, Ryuko and Mako from kill la kill or even Jolyne from jojo because I really wanna see how they'd translate the artstyle 

Chiakisenpai
2 hours ago, Miabird24 said:

For new characters I'd LOVE to get a dollfie of Power from chainsaw man, Ryuko and Mako from kill la kill or even Jolyne from jojo because I really wanna see how they'd translate the artstyle 

Power would be an instant buy! It's so popular I really hope they end up doing at least one girl from Chainsaw Man. I have seen some amazing customs on insta of dollies as Power and Makima though

• Like 1

That_Dollfie_Dude
On 1/15/2023 at 2:52 AM, Monty said:

I’m also wondering if any of the other 20 things yet to be announced will be a new Afterschool Akihabara Girls character.

Yes!  I haven't seen any of these for sale since I've been collecting.  I hope they come back!

RavenWiccan

When do you think they will announce more of the projects? I’m really hoping one will be more Sailor Moon characters. The new movie is coming out this year and the 30th anniversary was last year so it would be a good time for them. I also can’t wait to see Anya Forger although I don’t know if she will be part of these special projects. I am wondering though if maybe a new size will be announced and she will be the first since her character is pretty small. Like a YoSD size or something?

• Like 1

Xiongmao
On 1/20/2023 at 8:59 PM, foo said:

Before that in December 2014 we got Sasara and Melty.

I was looking at a Melty the other day... she's cute and I was tempted 😂.

It would be super awesome if they made Demonslayer Nezuko. But I am resigned to there being another... Miku.

I wouldn't be too upset about this as I have a lot of Miku outfits. Nezuko would be an awesome Dollfie though, and probably enormously popular given how difficult it's been to acquire the Pureneemo version.

Xiongmao-Signature-Vinyl-Dolls-December-2023.jpg.092aa55b9a3c11160633f60ad1610e7c.jpg 

My Dollfie doll family 😊.

RavenWiccan
6 minutes ago, Xiongmao said:

I was looking at a Melty the other day... she's cute and I was tempted 😂.

It would be super awesome if they made Demonslayer Nezuko. But I am resigned to there being another... Miku.

I wouldn't be too upset about this as I have a lot of Miku outfits. Nezuko would be an awesome Dollfie though, and probably enormously popular given how difficult it's been to acquire the Pureneemo version.

I have a feeling they will do Nezuko eventually. She’s so popular I can’t see how they wouldn’t. I haven’t watched the show yet, but if they announce her I’ll have to check out as an excuse to get the doll! 🤣

Monty
16 hours ago, RavenWiccan said:

When do you think they will announce more of the projects?

The next issue of Volks News is in mid March, and I imagine it will have a few more in there, but we could get lucky and get something earlier.

Edited by Monty
  • Like 1

Serena

I know it's the least likely thing to happen, but I'm laughing at the mental image of them just dropping Candy & Mirai once again and calling it a year 😂 I had a dream that happened and now it's stuck with me (I know both are currently available as standard models lol)

I wonder if we'll get Kakegurui at some point. Yumeko and Mary would make cute DDs. Kakegurui is at least popular enough to have gotten the "Twin" anime, and the timeline seems about right for Volks and their typical taking forever to catch a trend? 

Edited by Emil
  • Like 1

Galvatim

I kind of doubt it, but April could be Anya and Ciel.  They're the only 2 announced DDs that we haven't seen yet.  That would be Spy x Family and Tsukihime for 2 Dolpas in a row, which isn't really Volks' MO.  

• Like 1

Xiongmao
On 1/30/2023 at 10:59 AM, Emil said:

I wonder if we'll get Kakegurui at some point. Yumeko and Mary would make cute DDs. Kakegurui is at least popular enough to have gotten the "Twin" anime, and the timeline seems about right for Volks and their typical taking forever to catch a trend? 

Yukeko would be super cool - her outfit is fantastic and quite popular with cosplayers. I've not seen the anime but the live action on Netflix was pretty good.

I do (hopefully) now have Nezuko, but only the Pureneemo version. At some point I will actually have the Dollfie and Pureneemo version of somebody!

Xiongmao-Signature-Vinyl-Dolls-December-2023.jpg.092aa55b9a3c11160633f60ad1610e7c.jpg 

My Dollfie doll family 😊.

Monty

I’m not sure new collab announcements (besides maybe the original Volks characters) will be part of this project, and to be honest I hope they aren’t just because those happen anyway, so I’d rather the remaining slots be things that are more interesting/unique to the anniversary project. 
I was thinking of some fun things that could be possibilities. Note this is just me spitballing about what I’d like to see and likely won’t happen, but I would personally love a contest like the SD one recently to design the SDF100 head, except this time to design a new DD head (ie DDH30). They’ve done DD faceup and outfit contests, but designing a head sculpt itself would be really fun. Whether they do it as part of this project or not, I hope they do a DD head contest one day, and hopefully before they get to DDH100 lol.

• Like 2

Irulazuli

That's a great idea for the design contest! I don't know how popular the SD one was, but given that all or almost all of the winning designs have been released, it seems Volks was rather satisfied with the results.

I don't really have a need for a re-release, I will probably vote once for Kaede and call it a day. There are some characters I think it would be cool for them to do as DDs (FF7 characters, Ryza, Belle, Persona 5 characters), but I don't expect much, and don't know if I would buy them. Definitely more tan and tawny availability is a must.

That_Dollfie_Dude
On 2/2/2023 at 5:13 PM, Irulazuli said:

That's a great idea for the design contest! I don't know how popular the SD one was, but given that all or almost all of the winning designs have been released, it seems Volks was rather satisfied with the results.

I have an order in right now for an SDF100!  I thought the contest was so fun, and the winning sculpt is cute!  I agree with Monty that sometsimilar for Dollfie Dream Choice would be fabulous! 

amijules

This is completely pie in the sky but I would love to see a Promare line, Lio Fotia would be so COOL as a DD. I can't wait to see what they announce next! I do love the idea of refreshing the older sculpts too, that would be wonderful!

• Like 2