Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

amijules

Imomodoll Discussion Thread!

MoiBakaDesu
On 7/12/2023 at 12:52 PM, liliths said:

your faceups are very well done! if it doesn't bother you,may I ask what did you use to seal the faceups? i'm trying to find some non toxic material for sealing their faces with.

Thanks a lot!

Your question has already been answered as I see, so that's good.

I only use good old MSC UV cut, so the highly toxic stuff, haha.

IgelFullmetal

Finally bit the bullet and got a blank Kira in chocolate skin. I have some plans for her but I haven't really designed anything yet. I like that the dolls are so cheap that i don't feel any major pressure to get it perfect lol. 

0bsequi0us

75cm body is available for sale on the official taobao! I'm sorta shocked that it's actually an in-stock listing instead of a preorder... I'll be interested to see how quickly people actually start getting their hands on them. 😳

• Like 1

BelliniZinfandel_plasticjester.png.f2531efee3a0885fc0ddeec99e67bff2.png

Pixel art by @PlasticJester !

MoiBakaDesu

Wow, so speedy!

While I have no interest in the 75cm body (waiting patiently for the 68cm boy and their 1/4 boy to be finished, hehe), I am looking forward to the reviews of the people who plan to get him, such a tall vinyl boy is rare after all.

• Like 2

cinnabunroll
2 hours ago, 0bsequi0us said:

75cm body is available for sale on the official taobao! I'm sorta shocked that it's actually an in-stock listing instead of a preorder... I'll be interested to see how quickly people actually start getting their hands on them. 😳

Praying he'll still be available come paycheck time!!!

• Like 1

PolitelyNefarious

Hmm.

I've been mad-hyped for this lad, and he does come in tan, but with that 14cm neck circumference, whose head is he supposed to fit? The Cannis head was for the 68 body, I thought, and DD is 9cm, SMD is 8. It's frustrating, because by the look of it the skintones are Dollfie normal, Dollfie Tan / SMD Cinnamon, and SMD Tea, which is what I'd hoped for. But then again, that circle on the chart is placed at the lowest point, so does that mean his actual neck circumference for the head attachment is narrower?

https://img.alicdn.com/imgextra/i2/2215675531143/O1CN01cN3VZp1KJXYcR5MhR_!!2215675531143.jpg

For the price it's hard to go wrong, but I hate paying $60 plus the proxy fees and cost of shipping for a body that fits nothing, y'know?

Edited by PolitelyNefarious

1541664063_324SigUpdate(1).jpg.0e6f96def94bd21c61f91356e0bc8f92.jpg 855019605_DeletelaterSmol.jpg.136e5d245c2328488f8736543aceb78d.jpg

liliths

Generally I would wait until the first batch is released and see if the reviews are positive. I've read the chinese bjd forums and recently imomo seems to have problems with the customer service with how they refuse to refund buyers who bought the imomo miko 1.0 (which had many problems) and the 1.0 buyers are boycotting them. and generally the first batches of imomo bjds have a lot of issues ( 1/6 1.0 leg popping off, 1/4 1.0 all limbs popping off etc.) so I'd just wait a while to see what heads are compatible and see what problems of the body are present.

• Like 4

MoiBakaDesu
10 hours ago, PolitelyNefarious said:

For the price it's hard to go wrong, but I hate paying $60 plus the proxy fees and cost of shipping for a body that fits nothing, y'know?

They did preview a head on their weibo not that long ago that is supposed to go with the 75cm body, I'm pretty sure it won't be that long until that is available as well! 

• Like 1

MoiBakaDesu

Haruka's (the blue one) wig came in today,  finally no more bald boy time. Can't believe I've styled the same wig 5 times already in various sizes. 20230722_150136.jpg.017544f051a60c94b2f66d9db2fdbf37.jpg

• Like 10

samseramsamsam

Ooh interesting, thank you for the information, I really thought that this Canis head and maybe even other boy heads could fit the 72cm body 😢 (these are about 150 Euro for preorder from AliExpress! So I'm very surprised to see 60!)

On the whole, I'm not too impressed by the quality of the "MDD" sized doll, so I really hope that the boy body might be more stable... 

Picture tax for the doll 😉

IMG_20230512_165245.jpg

IMG_20230511_172954.jpg

• Thanks 1

Pichi
8 hours ago, samseramsamsam said:

Ooh interesting, thank you for the information, I really thought that this Canis head and maybe even other boy heads could fit the 72cm body 😢 (these are about 150 Euro for preorder from AliExpress! So I'm very surprised to see 60!)

On the whole, I'm not too impressed by the quality of the "MDD" sized doll, so I really hope that the boy body might be more stable... 

Picture tax for the doll 😉

IMG_20230512_165245.jpg

IMG_20230511_172954.jpg

Could you elaborate more on what you dislike? Just ordered 1/4 scale and I'm curious.

• Like 1

liliths
8 hours ago, Pichi said:

Could you elaborate more on what you dislike? Just ordered 1/4 scale and I'm curious.

not the person you asked for but their 1/4 scale might be a 1.0 version. 1.0 version has it's limbs popping off upon touching it.

• Like 1

liliths

my imomodoll 1/4 scale is fine because it's 2.0 version. my imomodoll 1/6 scale however is a 1.0 version and it's legs popped off a lot before i modified them.

• Like 1

liliths

spacer.png

still waiting for 1/4 scale head to arrive :) 

• Like 5

samseramsamsam
5 hours ago, liliths said:

not the person you asked for but their 1/4 scale might be a 1.0 version. 1.0 version has it's limbs popping off upon touching it.

You are right, it feels like the bust doesn't really fit the body? And the whole doll is 'rattling' / feels loose to a degree that I personally would prefer the 'Match Girl' dolls (DBS?). Those stand like a rock and survive a swan dive from the top shelf in one piece... 

liliths
11 hours ago, samseramsamsam said:

You are right, it feels like the bust doesn't really fit the body? And the whole doll is 'rattling' / feels loose to a degree that I personally would prefer the 'Match Girl' dolls (DBS?). Those stand like a rock and survive a swan dive from the top shelf in one piece... 

there are guides on how to fix the stability of the doll on xiao hung shu. here's one of the guides if you want http://xhslink.com/CVQIBs,复制本条信息,打开【小红书】App查看精彩内容!

• Thanks 3

liliths
Just now, liliths said:

there are guides on how to fix the stability of the doll on xiao hung shu. here's one of the guides if you want http://xhslink.com/CVQIBs,复制本条信息,打开【小红书】App查看精彩内容!

basically you use rubber bands and strap it together like how they do it in the video to stop i from rattling , and stuff tissue paper into the legs of the doll to prevent it from falling out

samseramsamsam
7 hours ago, liliths said:

Thank you, that looks very interesting, if a little intimidating 😅

However, if her bust pops out a few more times I might feel tempted! 

MoiBakaDesu

My v2 body arrived at my proxy's warehouse today! And it looks like it already comes with the additional hands instead of just the standard hands? At least that is how it looks on the inspection photos, unless it's just my additional 1/6 hands that I ordered as well, it's very hard to see on the picture.

0bsequi0us

Imomodoll's sculptor posted a sample of what the upcoming 1/4 boy/angel body will look like!

1722593635_LETSGOOO.jpg.298be23c54ea9ae730c217ba21cb40d1.jpg

According to the comments it seems like the body will need its own skeleton (maybe for the narrower hips?) but that might be a mistranslation. I'm so excited for this body, I hope it releases soon 🥺 we boy doll collectors will finally be fed

• Like 14

MoiBakaDesu
3 hours ago, 0bsequi0us said:

Imomodoll's sculptor posted a sample of what the upcoming 1/4 boy/angel body will look like!

According to the comments it seems like the body will need its own skeleton (maybe for the narrower hips?) but that might be a mistranslation. I'm so excited for this body, I hope it releases soon 🥺 we boy doll collectors will finally be fed

Awww, that already looks incredible!

I do like my 1/6 and 1/4 boys with chonkier bodies usually, hence why I have two of the Rubies as "boy bodies", but having these will also be nice for a change.

Hopefully we will get such a sample for the 68cm boy soon as well.

• Like 1

RozenGermain
4 hours ago, 0bsequi0us said:

Kinda looks like the asexual MDD body. Maybe it could work for DD heads lol, I don't know about DD head/Imomodoll body hybrids, but I think it might be interesting! 😄

• Like 1

PolitelyNefarious
12 hours ago, MoiBakaDesu said:

My v2 body arrived at my proxy's warehouse today! And it looks like it already comes with the additional hands instead of just the standard hands? At least that is how it looks on the inspection photos, unless it's just my additional 1/6 hands that I ordered as well, it's very hard to see on the picture.

My tan V1 came with surprise freebie hands that were never available to order in her colour, so there's a distinct possibility your V2 did too. If they seem roughly the same size, they're definite bonus 1/4th hands. The 1/6th would be noticeably smaller.

11 hours ago, 0bsequi0us said:

Is it only one-part torso though? No complaints, as all torsos are valid, and this one is nicely done, but I was personally hoping for a jointed version.

Still, it's an exciting day to be a vinyl nerd. I love some good gender diversity in my toy collections. And I know you will customize the snot out of this lad and make him amazing. Personally looking forward to seeing what you do. 👀 All of your mods and faceups ooze character.

• Like 1

1541664063_324SigUpdate(1).jpg.0e6f96def94bd21c61f91356e0bc8f92.jpg 855019605_DeletelaterSmol.jpg.136e5d245c2328488f8736543aceb78d.jpg

fingerfloss
12 hours ago, 0bsequi0us said:

Cute! It's great to finally see a company tapping into the vinyl male market. Very smart move from imomo imo (although a 2pc torso version would be nice 🙏).

• Like 2

0bsequi0us
38 minutes ago, PolitelyNefarious said:

Is it only one-part torso though? No complaints, as all torsos are valid, and this one is nicely done, but I was personally hoping for a jointed version.

1 minute ago, fingerfloss said:

(although a 2pc torso version would be nice 🙏).

I was also hoping for a 2pc torso, but according to the comments on that post it seems like a single piece torso is likely all we're getting (for now, at least) 😓

1528711416_Screenshot2023-07-24at8_51_00PM.png.4ff777bfbfdf312b51ca2220e9b1161f.png

(the person replying is the Imomodoll sculptor)

I'll also be happy just to get another male torso option of any kind, but it definitely would have been nice for it to be 2 part. The Imomodoll chest joint isn't the best but I definitely feel the difference when handling my Miko vs. Ruby body.

Also thanks so much @PolitelyNefarious, I'm so excited to work on them more! Imomodoll being inexpensive really makes them perfect custom targets. 😂