Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

amijules

Imomodoll Discussion Thread!

MoiBakaDesu

Oh, guess I can consider myself lucky having gotten my Toppa and Toppi from (I assume?) the previous batch, they were my first Imomos and arrived super quickly.

Now that Canis-b is getting shipped out I'm very excited to see the first faceups for that head, hehe.

Kirino

Anyone know the wig size for the Imomodoll Ruby head? Sorry if it was mentioned earlier, didn't see it.

MoiBakaDesu
3 hours ago, Kirino said:

Anyone know the wig size for the Imomodoll Ruby head? Sorry if it was mentioned earlier, didn't see it.

Ruby is 22cm, so they work well with 8-9" wigs.

• Thanks 1

0bsequi0us

Seems like possibly some good news about the 68cm boy body? The imomodoll sculptor posted this render:

immd68.jpg.429f5b6d709cdc5854f40a8d35660bd9.jpg

Not much is visible in the actual picture, but in the comments it seems like the artist confirmed that it's the 68cm body, and that the sculpting is completed and the manufacturing side of things is now in charge of how/when he'll be produced? That's my interpretation, anyhow. I hope it's true, because I was much more excited about the slimmer body personally 🥺 though 68cm is still huge

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

BelliniZinfandel_plasticjester.png.f2531efee3a0885fc0ddeec99e67bff2.png

Pixel art by @PlasticJester !

AwkwardMango

I saw someone in a discord that I'm in say that they are changing him to 65cm instead, but we'll see what happens when he eventually gets released.

Edited by AwkwardMango

MoiBakaDesu
22 hours ago, 0bsequi0us said:

Seems like possibly some good news about the 68cm boy body? The imomodoll sculptor posted this render:

immd68.jpg.429f5b6d709cdc5854f40a8d35660bd9.jpg

Not much is visible in the actual picture, but in the comments it seems like the artist confirmed that it's the 68cm body, and that the sculpting is completed and the manufacturing side of things is now in charge of how/when he'll be produced? That's my interpretation, anyhow. I hope it's true, because I was much more excited about the slimmer body personally 🥺 though 68cm is still huge

FINALLY, I am so ready for this body!

PolitelyNefarious

Ooh. I like this face much better than Canis too. Still hoping it will be Dollfie and Smart Doll compatible, and that they will keep the tea-like tan (Maybe branch out into more matching colours? Or explore some fantasy tones?). But already he's looking good!

1541664063_324SigUpdate(1).jpg.0e6f96def94bd21c61f91356e0bc8f92.jpg 855019605_DeletelaterSmol.jpg.136e5d245c2328488f8736543aceb78d.jpg

Janeway

Yay l get my shipping notification from Janedolls. My 1/4 Miko is on its way to me.

If anyone has her please spam picture.

I also like the 65 boy.

• Like 2

Lurks

So I broke down the other day and bought a Toppi. 😅

Does anyone know what size eyes and wigs the 1/6 dolls take? I have a few sets of eyes and wigs of differing sizes laying around here somewhere, but it would be nice to know which ones would fit them before they arrive...

• Like 1

usagisea

Imomodolls at Anime Magic 2023! ∩^ω^∩ I made themE744C433-FC3B-453D-B7A1-0508057692F0.jpeg.5e3a41d996e73ed57df142a4d1e6db44.jpeg

• Like 9

Sarah

They look great!!!I’ve never seen BJDs at an anime convention before! I imagine they sell really well. 

• Like 1

usagisea
On 9/3/2023 at 12:21 PM, Sarah said:

They look great!!!I’ve never seen BJDs at an anime convention before! I imagine they sell really well. 

thank you!! it was my first time bringing them ( ◠‿◠ ) it was very cool to see how many doll liking people there were in my community ! 😄

• Like 2

0bsequi0us

I don't want to get my hopes up that he's coming out too soon, but it looks like the official Imomodoll weibo teased an image of the 1/4 boy! Though I might not have noticed if they didn't explicitly say so lol

Imoboy.jpg.6d4fc4209e5a86e384ef5f057330acb1.jpg

Part of me hopes he might come out around the same time the single-part torso ladies are released, since he also has a one-part torso? 🙏

• Like 5

MoiBakaDesu

He looks soooooo good, I can't wait to grab two of these boys. 🥺💖

Amapola

He's adorable. I wonder what head sculpt should I get for him. The picture looks to be Miko, but I'm not a fan of the lips. Has anyone sanded down a tan Imomodoll head before and does it look too obvious that it has been sanded?

Also nice seeing the new head for the 68 body. It's the type of look I want.

Edited by Amapola

Amapola
On 9/2/2023 at 8:06 PM, Lurks said:

So I broke down the other day and bought a Toppi. 😅

Does anyone know what size eyes and wigs the 1/6 dolls take? I have a few sets of eyes and wigs of differing sizes laying around here somewhere, but it would be nice to know which ones would fit them before they arrive...

18.5 cm head circumference, which is around 7.3 inches. 16mm eyes are suggested although some smaller eyes [14mm especially] can fit and some larger ones if you cut down the eyes wells.

Edited by Amapola

Lurks
1 hour ago, Amapola said:

18.5 cm head circumference, which is around 7.3 inches. 16mm eyes are suggested although some smaller eyes [14mm especially] can fit and some larger ones if you cut down the eyes wells.

Oh! Thank you so much! Now I know there's definitely a few combinations I can try.

MoiBakaDesu
7 hours ago, Amapola said:

He's adorable. I wonder what head sculpt should I get for him. The picture looks to be Miko, but I'm not a fan of the lips. Has anyone sanded down a tan Imomodoll head before and does it look too obvious that it has been sanded?

I have seen a few very cute boy-Miko faceups around, but not sure if there were any among these with sanded down lips, only with open mouth mods. But I don't really see why it would be a problem.

And I could imagine that they will give us some more head sculpts in the future as well, surely when the actual release of the boy body gets closer.

AwkwardMango

Got my taobao package from superbuy yesterday with all of my Imomo stuff! Got 2 bodies for Angelina and Yume so they dont have to float around anymore. 😅 I now have a whole hoard of blank doll heads to practice faceups on. @onion15@

The canis b heads are a lot bigger than I thought they would be, they are almost 10 inches in circumference! They also dont have a hole in the head to put the tongue in and putting it in from the outside it quite difficult, putting it in that way would also probably damage the faceup too if it had one. So I will have to cut open a hole myself from the inside. @onion32@ 

The canis heads are also too big to be hybrided onto a DD body unfortunately. I also have a comparison of all of the vinyl tones I have, the imomo tan looks darker in person than it does in photos though.

20230907_193619.jpg.9930a69e92f6e8c7186cb62a7600fdd0.jpg20230907_193555.jpg.a9b69c514db5f4d6a97a054487fa794f.jpg

20230907_184824.jpg.3873becb389d517b98e800fbdb11e59d.jpg

20230907_161800.jpg.69698b478c1011be1e9ed2d7c6872714.jpg20230907_161810.jpg.48d912a3c386cb0a75f3c98866a933bf.jpg20230907_161825.jpg.ef39286d719f911861e8700458c092cd.jpg20230907_150905.jpg.15443af5f418e7ee2a6ee2c477dab5b2.jpg20230907_151055.jpg.51e98000d443231fc5e52c3714390c42.jpg

Edited by AwkwardMango
  • Like 3

0bsequi0us
On 9/7/2023 at 7:02 PM, Amapola said:

The picture looks to be Miko, but I'm not a fan of the lips. Has anyone sanded down a tan Imomodoll head before and does it look too obvious that it has been sanded?

I'm working on a mod project currently, and I can report there is some discoloration if you try to sand down tan vinyl. 😓 Any differences in surface texture are super obvious, much more so than on pale vinyl.

I was able to make it much less obvious with a lot of polishing with super fine grit sandpaper and then a melamine sponge (you can barely see the discoloration in photos) but discoloration is definitely still a risk

• Thanks 1

Amapola
1 hour ago, 0bsequi0us said:

I'm working on a mod project currently, and I can report there is some discoloration if you try to sand down tan vinyl. 😓 Any differences in surface texture are super obvious, much more so than on pale vinyl.

I was able to make it much less obvious with a lot of polishing with super fine grit sandpaper and then a melamine sponge (you can barely see the discoloration in photos) but discoloration is definitely still a risk

That's really helpful. I got some super fine sandpaper and magic erasers, so I guess it will be fine. I'll probably order some extra heads for security. Thanks!

Amapola
11 hours ago, AwkwardMango said:

the imomo tan looks darker in person than it does in photos though.

20230907_150905.jpg.15443af5f418e7ee2a6ee2c477dab5b2.jpg20230907_151055.jpg.51e98000d443231fc5e52c3714390c42.jpg

Is there a significant different between the imomodoll caramel and chocolate tone? I saw several of the 75cm bodies posted online and the caramel skin in those pictures had a reddish or orangish tone. Is that tone present in person or is it just lighting/camera?

AwkwardMango
28 minutes ago, Amapola said:

Is there a significant different between the imomodoll caramel and chocolate tone? I saw several of the 75cm bodies posted online and the caramel skin in those pictures had a reddish or orangish tone. Is that tone present in person or is it just lighting/camera?

Unfortunately the 68's caramel skin tone is the same as the 1/4 and 1/6 chocolate tan, the 75's caramel is a completely different skin tone. Dunno why that is since they both have the same name. I like the 75's caramel skin tone more, hope they will make it for the other sizes too at some point.

Edited by AwkwardMango

Amapola
1 hour ago, AwkwardMango said:

Unfortunately the 68's caramel skin tone is the same as the 1/4 and 1/6 chocolate tan, the 75's caramel is a completely different skin tone. Dunno why that is since they both have the same name. I like the 75's caramel skin tone more, hope they will make it for the other sizes too at some point.

Oof. That doesn't sound promising for the 68 body. Was really hoping to get it in caramel, but who knows, maybe Imomodoll will update the tone to match the 75's tone or even better, offer both colors. Thanks for the heads up though.

20blackbags

megante321 did a review of the new boy body, and tried to put a DD head on it. You have to watch directly on youtube. The review is in japanese.