Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

amijules

Imomodoll Discussion Thread!

cinnabunroll
7 hours ago, Steffipuschel said:

Hello

Does someone have the 1/6 imomo next to an 1/4 imomo or Mdd or Azone? I would like to see a comparison

Once my girls arrive, I can figure out how to post pics on here and do that!

MoiBakaDesu
17 hours ago, Steffipuschel said:

Hello

Does someone have the 1/6 imomo next to an 1/4 imomo or Mdd or Azone? I would like to see a comparison

I can take a picture of my 4 Imomo boys together once I'm home later, no problem.

Edit: Alright, here is my whole current Imomo gang.20230927_171002.jpg.f189d05510834a1c078f4c71c1bf402c.jpg

Edited by MoiBakaDesu
  • Like 6

Steffipuschel

Thanks for the pic. That helps a lot. 

Love them. Looks like mini me versions of the bigger ones or little diblings

cinnabunroll

So I was excited to get my 1/6 girls finally, especially after having fo wait an extra few weeks because Jane was waiting on Toppi.

My 1/4 girl is here, but my 1/6 girls are en route to Montana instead of my new address. I even caught her before she sent them off, because the confirmation emails I recieved showed that exact issue (one box labeled as going to the incorrect address), and I made sure to do all the address change stuff before she even received the dolls to send off.

I'm not getting me 1/6 girls it seems.

• Sad 1

CreationOdyssey
19 hours ago, cinnabunroll said:

I'm not getting me 1/6 girls it seems.

Have you reached out to her at all? An did you do an address change via the post office. 

cinnabunroll
3 hours ago, CreationOdyssey said:

Have you reached out to her at all? An did you do an address change via the post office. 

I reached out again, and she is gonna fix it. And no, I didn't, I just reached out to her and asked her to change the addres before she shipped anything. I'm just gonna chalk this up to me being a confusing messenger, especially because I'm bad at requesting things and being coherent sometimes

PolitelyNefarious

@cinnabunroll  All fingers crossed for you that you get your girls safely!!  Sometimes it's not a case of being a bad communicator, but just an understanding snafu in the moment. Or she could have forgotten. I had to fight with USPS once to a get a doll package that was supposed to be for a friend, only to find out once they recovered it that the seller had addressed it to some house on the opposite end of town.

OneClay recently posted a nice box opening that includes a comparison of her Smart Doll Guy and Angel Philia next to the new 75 Imomo guy, for those who would like some additional perspective on how massive he is. Even knowing he would be out of relative proportion from the written measurements, I was still shocked at how much bigger all around he is- more like an Iplehouse, Impldoll, Granado, or SartoriaJ lad than a slim 75.

Edited by PolitelyNefarious
  • Thanks 1

1541664063_324SigUpdate(1).jpg.0e6f96def94bd21c61f91356e0bc8f92.jpg 855019605_DeletelaterSmol.jpg.136e5d245c2328488f8736543aceb78d.jpg

cinnabunroll

UPDATE: They've arrived faster than I expected holy carp!!

I fiddled with them a bit, both of them had one leg longer than the other, so I carved some plastic off to make Toppi the right height, though I have yet to work on Toppa. Also, Toppi's upper right arm shell is just a backwards upper left shell? Not a big deal for me. I will say I'm frustrated with Toppa's hip joint, it doesn't sit right. And Toppi arrived with a bunch of black smudges on her torso.

All in all, I love them, and I'm going to enjoy fiddling with them more and eventually doing their faceups!

Snapchat-1590559536.jpg

• Like 4

uoub

ha, I completely forgot to update my 75 guy (well. actually a girl, for my character. she's just really buff/masculine. I'll refer to my 75 as "she" in my post just so you're not confused haha)

Here's my update pictures with the head I printed! throwing it in a spoiler cuz the pic is big, also doll nudity warning of course. (her clothes and wig are currently on their way)

Spoiler

M5TJ64C.jpg

It's actually just a really modified version of the SmD headsculpt file that's available on the SmD store... Trying to sculpt from scratch wasn't working out too well for me but it's something I'd like to practice more. The print for her headcap failed, but fortunately a spare DDH headcap fit perfectly (and actually fits better, surprisingly.)

I also custom made the eyes using some blank "acrylic chips" I found on tao bao that are used for self-made DD eyes, then used printable waterslide tattoo paper with my own pupil design to do the pupil! I wanted her to closely match how I draw her and I think it works out pretty well!!

Also please excuse the slight color mismatch between the head, headcap and body lol. It's much less noticeable in person...

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

0bsequi0us

008ccSdgly1hil8xj9wsvj30xc1e0q7u.jpg.1579964f8fd810f2b1a391a93bfe823e.jpg

Another sneak peek at the 1/4 male/angel body... and it looks like possibly a new hand sculpt? Can't quite tell...They can not keep teasing us like this 😭

Also @uoub that head looks so good on the body!!! So far I've mostly seen this body headless or with way too small heads (just to show how huge the neck is) so it's nice to see it with an appropriately sized head. Love the style, I know you said it's a modified smd sculpt but it still has so much more character imo.

Edited by 0bsequi0us
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2

BelliniZinfandel_plasticjester.png.f2531efee3a0885fc0ddeec99e67bff2.png

Pixel art by @PlasticJester !

CreationOdyssey
On 10/6/2023 at 3:53 AM, 0bsequi0us said:

008ccSdgly1hil8xj9wsvj30xc1e0q7u.jpg.1579964f8fd810f2b1a391a93bfe823e.jpg

Does anyone think this body will work with MDD heads? I’ve got two boy heads floating around that desperately need a body. I know the girls bodies work well.

PolitelyNefarious
8 hours ago, CreationOdyssey said:

Does anyone think this body will work with MDD heads? I’ve got two boy heads floating around that desperately need a body. I know the girls bodies work well.

Only the external vinyl is changing. This body uses the exact same skeleton, if I'm not mistaken, or at least the same head attachment. An MDD head should fit fine.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1541664063_324SigUpdate(1).jpg.0e6f96def94bd21c61f91356e0bc8f92.jpg 855019605_DeletelaterSmol.jpg.136e5d245c2328488f8736543aceb78d.jpg

CreationOdyssey
1 minute ago, PolitelyNefarious said:

Only the external vinyl is changing. This body uses the exact same skeleton, if I'm not mistaken, or at least the same head attachment. An MDD head should fit fine.

THANK YOU!! I’m very excited now! I’ve had these heads for almost a year wavering on getting MDD bodies or going the dream choice route and then selling those heads. This is will be way more affordable and less stressful.

PolitelyNefarious
3 minutes ago, CreationOdyssey said:

THANK YOU!! I’m very excited now! I’ve had these heads for almost a year wavering on getting MDD bodies or going the dream choice route and then selling those heads. This is will be way more affordable and less stressful.

If you get ahold of these and decide you don't like them, another alternative is to get regular MDD bodies, and use a KakusoDoll torso, which can be purchased through their Booth with pretty much any proxy. They're out of stock right now, but they will definitely be in stock again.

• Thanks 3

MoiBakaDesu
7 hours ago, PolitelyNefarious said:

If you get ahold of these and decide you don't like them, another alternative is to get regular MDD bodies, and use a KakusoDoll torso, which can be purchased through their Booth with pretty much any proxy. They're out of stock right now, but they will definitely be in stock again.

I have been informed though that the kakuso torso does not work anymore with the new MDD body, so just a heads up regarding that.

• Like 2

PolitelyNefarious
2 hours ago, MoiBakaDesu said:

I have been informed though that the kakuso torso does not work anymore with the new MDD body, so just a heads up regarding that.

@CreationOdyssey  Right, it would be the current MDDs, not the newest ones that they've been releasing in small batches. This one.

Thank you for bringing that up, MoiBakaDesu. Because the MDD 2.0s are not regularly available yet, I did not consider that they might be confused with Kakuso compatibility this soon.

Edited by PolitelyNefarious
  • Like 1

CreationOdyssey
5 hours ago, PolitelyNefarious said:

@CreationOdyssey  Right, it would be the current MDDs, not the newest ones that they've been releasing in small batches. This one.

Okay that makes sense, but seems like they haven’t quite gotten through the older model supply yet, so hopefully they release the imomo doll body before they run out so I have time. If not I’m sure ppl will be selling the bodies secondhand. 🤞🏾🤞🏾🤞🏾

• Like 1

samseramsamsam

@uoub Looks great! At which size did you print the head? About 125%?

Looking forward to seeing more of that one 😄

uoub

@samseramsamsam Thank you! I actually kept the head the exact same in scale but widened the neck hole and jaw so it'd be more proportionate! Had to jump into blender to double check. In my opinion if you scaled the entire head up it'd look really bobble headed. Here's a lil comparison pic!

image.png.1e1104b0696abaa0c777689cda1f3f8c.png

after looking at the comparison it also looks like I pulled the chin down too so the head is longer. it's been a second since I've printed her head so I forgot my process haha

semi related but I also did some hand blushing and a new faceup on her. I added a lot more blush around the jaw so the color match between her body and head is a lot less apparent... I'm really tempted to also add some blush and contour to her neck and collarbone but we'll see

no pictures of that cuz I haven't taken any suitable ones yet lol

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

0bsequi0us

This seems to have come completely out of nowhere, but on their Weibo Imomodoll just announced they will be selling 2 new heads that are actually supposed to be compatible with the 75 body.

imm75.jpg.3782ca6c727b6e056bd98a0eb363ca3a.jpg

It's odd, it seems like they are being sold as defective heads? Or maybe that's a mistranslation? Either way this doesn't seem like a normal release for them. It's a little weird, but I'm glad there will at least be a non-hybrid option for people with the 75 body.

• Like 2

Amapola
1 hour ago, 0bsequi0us said:

This seems to have come completely out of nowhere, but on their Weibo Imomodoll just announced they will be selling 2 new heads that are actually supposed to be compatible with the 75 body.

imm75.jpg.3782ca6c727b6e056bd98a0eb363ca3a.jpg

It's odd, it seems like they are being sold as defective heads? Or maybe that's a mistranslation? Either way this doesn't seem like a normal release for them. It's a little weird, but I'm glad there will at least be a non-hybrid option for people with the 75 body.

Imomodoll was planning on releasing heads for the 75 body, and these are being sold as defective as it says.  I think it's due to there being a special shopping event starting tomorrow on their Taobao store and for Taobao in general so they're likely rolling these out to attract some more traffic. They also stated that they might be dropping a limited quantity of the 1/4 boy body during that period, so I think it may be due to that.
It's not really surprising to see them release a defective batch first, considering how janky the 1.0 skeletons for the 1/6 and 1/4 female vinyl dolls are.

• Thanks 1

0bsequi0us
13 minutes ago, Amapola said:

Imomodoll was planning on releasing heads for the 75 body, and these are being sold as defective as it says.  I think it's due to there being a special shopping event starting tomorrow on their Taobao store and for Taobao in general so they're likely rolling these out to attract some more traffic. They also stated that they might be dropping a limited quantity of the 1/4 boy body during that period, so I think it may be due to that.
It's not really surprising to see them release a defective batch first, considering how janky the 1.0 skeletons for the 1/6 and 1/4 female vinyl dolls are.

Oh wow! I hadn't realized, but that definitely would explain it. Very interested in the possibility of 1/4 boy bodies being released though, so I'll be keeping my eyes peeled!

I guess I was mostly surprised because usually it seems like the skeletons are the part that is particularly bad, not the soft vinyl parts like heads. I'm guessing the defects will be relatively minor though.

Amapola
15 minutes ago, 0bsequi0us said:

Oh wow! I hadn't realized, but that definitely would explain it. Very interested in the possibility of 1/4 boy bodies being released though, so I'll be keeping my eyes peeled!

I guess I was mostly surprised because usually it seems like the skeletons are the part that is particularly bad, not the soft vinyl parts like heads. I'm guessing the defects will be relatively minor though.

It's likely to be off cuts, slightly off color, or embedded dirt specks here and there. The process that they and other companies use for their PVC heads often creates a sizable batch of defects, and it's usually as minor as you suspect unless you get really unlucky.

If the 1/4 boy does drop, it would be in very limited numbers so get ready. Hope they won't be janky and them using the early sale as an excuse again. For the official release of the 1/4 boy body, they said it would likely be at the end of October and they are planning a big event for it.

Edited by Amapola

Matcha

hi! im new on here and i hope it’s okay for me to ask a few questions i have as i currently work on getting my new 1/4 imomodoll; sorry if im cutting topic.

what would be best used for a face up on a miko or dada head? i heard using watercolor pencils sorta stain the vinyl, but i can be wrong. i only heard a bit about liquitex and zm paint.

i plan on buying my first body either on taobao or elsewhere, but i see 3分, 4分, etc. does anyone know more about this?

RozenGermain
44 minutes ago, Matcha said:

i plan on buying my first body either on taobao or elsewhere, but i see 3分, 4分, etc. does anyone know more about this?

I believe 3分 means 1/3 scale, and 4分 is 1/4 scale. I could be wrong but I'm pretty sure it's that.