Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

amijules

Imomodoll Discussion Thread!

Matcha
5 minutes ago, RozenGermain said:

I believe 3分 means 1/3 scale, and 4分 is 1/4 scale. I could be wrong but I'm pretty sure it's that.

interesting, since ive seen so many that i worry i ordered the wrong body for the head i bought recently! 😥

CreationOdyssey
5 hours ago, Matcha said:

hi! im new on here and i hope it’s okay for me to ask a few questions i have as i currently work on getting my new 1/4 imomodoll; sorry if im cutting topic.

what would be best used for a face up on a miko or dada head? i heard using watercolor pencils sorta stain the vinyl, but i can be wrong. i only heard a bit about liquitex and zm paint.

i plan on buying my first body either on taobao or elsewhere, but i see 3分, 4分, etc. does anyone know more about this?

Watercolor pencils or watercolors is what is recommended when working on doll face up in general. I’ve never heard anything about them staining.

Maybe you’re thinking of actual makeup pencils or oil based pencils? Which both are not recommended as they do stain and ruin dolls. 

• Thanks 1

samseramsamsam
12 hours ago, 0bsequi0us said:

This seems to have come completely out of nowhere, but on their Weibo Imomodoll just announced they will be selling 2 new heads that are actually supposed to be compatible with the 75 body.

imm75.jpg.3782ca6c727b6e056bd98a0eb363ca3a.jpg

It's odd, it seems like they are being sold as defective heads? Or maybe that's a mistranslation? Either way this doesn't seem like a normal release for them. It's a little weird, but I'm glad there will at least be a non-hybrid option for people with the 75 body.

Thanks for the tip! I checked with my AliExpress seller and could preorder these in tan (release 21. Oct, but I'm not holding my breath...) 

The body hasn't arrived yet, either, so I hope that maybe the heads will be fast (small parcel XD) So I won't have to beg @uoub for their files 😉

• Haha 1

Matcha
1 hour ago, CreationOdyssey said:

Watercolor pencils or watercolors is what is recommended when working on doll face up in general. I’ve never heard anything about them staining.

Maybe you’re thinking of actual makeup pencils or oil based pencils? Which both are not recommended as they do stain and ruin dolls. 

interesting, 

personally, what watercolor pencils do you use friend? i have heard kuratake may work, along with liquitex and tm paint. though i wonder if there’s more other paints to use too.

MoiBakaDesu
9 hours ago, Matcha said:

interesting, 

personally, what watercolor pencils do you use friend? i have heard kuratake may work, along with liquitex and tm paint. though i wonder if there’s more other paints to use too.

Even watercolor pencils can be prone to stain/bleed into the vinyl, especially some pigments like reds for example, even with 2-3 coats of MSC (which you will need so that the surface even takes the color of the pencils). So working carefully is always advised.

Personally I use Faber Castell watercolor pencils to sketch out the faceup or sometimes lay the foundation for mouths etc. then continue the work with acrylic paint. I like using Vallejo. It is also important to use a paint thinner with this sort of acrylic paint or you won't be able to paint clear and nice lines.

Also, I'm SUPER excited for the boy body, I will definitely try to snatch one from the first limited batch. And if that doesn't work out one right away when it goes up for real at the end of October, that isn't that far off anyway.

• Thanks 1

CreationOdyssey
On 10/17/2023 at 5:35 PM, Matcha said:

interesting, 

I have a combination or Faber castell and Derwent professional grade watercolor pencils. As mentioned above I also don’t use them for the full face but for creating outlines/under layering. Paints, I use modeling paints like vallejo, golden high flow acrylics, and army paint. 

Amapola

It looks like Imomodoll will be releasing an open mouthed version of Miko, or Miko B. I was able to attend a BJD convention and Imomodoll had a table there. Imomodoll's table had some dolls featured, such as the 75 heads, the 1/4 boy, and a new Miko head. They also had the 1/12 mini BJD on display, but I'm not sure if that's off topic here. The photos are kind of blurry since the convention was packed when I attended and people kept bumping into me or squeezing past and the whole event felt like I was moving in an opulent sardine tin. Imomodolls unfortunately doesn't have the display dolls for sale, but they did tell anyone that asked about the 1/4 boy body that it will be released very soon.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Edited by Amapola
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 5

ragnamuffin
13 hours ago, Amapola said:

They also had the 1/12 mini BJD on display

I’m so curious 👀 

Amapola
10 minutes ago, ragnamuffin said:

I’m so curious 👀 

Here's a better picture of it. It's been in works for over a year at this point and the release will be something akin to the blind box mini BJDs. They did have some pictures of the planned releases if you dig through their photos on their social media sites.

spacer.png

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

MoiBakaDesu

I do think about letting that mini join my 1/12 gang, so adorable ...

And the boy looks soooo good, I can't wait for the orders to open. The Miko B head might also go along with that pretty well.

• Like 2

Amapola

The 1/4 boy is dropping on October 31st on Taobao, but only cream is in stock. They apparently didn't produce a lot of shipments in chocolate (tan) so they're putting it in a blind bag listing where it seems that you can get any other body type but since they said they produced so little of the tan boy, it's very unlikely you'll get it. Oof. The cream body is also fairly limited, with there being about a 1000 bodies in stock.

Edited by Amapola
  • Like 1

Pichi

Hopefully this isn't off topic, if not I'll gladly delete. Anyone order imomodoll from Jane's doll land? I've been trying to reach out to her to find out my order status and I've been getting ignored for about a week now. I don't know if I should just try to get my money back or wait a little longer. Anyone have any thoughts?

chantelle
2 hours ago, Pichi said:

Hopefully this isn't off topic, if not I'll gladly delete. Anyone order imomodoll from Jane's doll land? I've been trying to reach out to her to find out my order status and I've been getting ignored for about a week now. I don't know if I should just try to get my money back or wait a little longer. Anyone have any thoughts?

It’s a legitimate buisness! I’ve purchased my Miko from the first preorder and received her successfully! I did have some questions for Janesdolland but they took a few days to get a reply. 

Sorry to hear that this is happening to you, hopefully things work out so you won’t have to request a refund 

Edited by chantelle
  • Thanks 1

MoiBakaDesu
23 hours ago, Amapola said:

The 1/4 boy is dropping on October 31st on Taobao, but only cream is in stock. They apparently didn't produce a lot of shipments in chocolate (tan) so they're putting it in a blind bag listing where it seems that you can get any other body type but since they said they produced so little of the tan boy, it's very unlikely you'll get it. Oof. The cream body is also fairly limited, with there being about a 1000 bodies in stock.

I'm so excited for the 1/4 boy, I hope I can manage to grab one right away. Glad tho that I need one in cream anyway, too bad for anyone shooting for one in chocolate ...

• Like 2

0bsequi0us

Aw, I was hoping to get a tan one 🥺 I'm hoping they're just low stock rn because they were trying to rush out what they had for the holiday, not because they're gonna try some artificial scarcity bs with the boys

• Like 1

BelliniZinfandel_plasticjester.png.f2531efee3a0885fc0ddeec99e67bff2.png

Pixel art by @PlasticJester !

liliths

spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

Hi guys, today is the start of the 11.11 discount promo on taobao and imomodolls has discounted their stuff so there's a livestream showcase all the new stuff(maru,1/6 hack, 1/6 dia heads, 75cm body,1/4 boy body,the head for the 75cm body(there's two heads,one with the big neck hole and one with a small neck hole,didn't take the picture of the small neck hole in time sorry.)there's also the 1/12 body,which has an extra neck piece so that you could connect it with gsc heads.)

• Thanks 2

liliths

the livestream is from a doll selling company called SWDOLL (similar to janesdollland) the host of the stream complained the the cover of the 1/6 heads are smaller than the rest of the heads,creating a gap,i don't think it causes any problems but it just doesn't look nice i guess. the host also said that the 1/12 appears to be very shiny? like the ob 1/12 body and it's legs are too small to stand still most of the time. same problem with the 75cm body where the legs can't support the body and thus needs a doll stand to hold it in place

Edited by liliths

chantelle

I’m surprised to see that Janesdolland is selling the tan version of the 1/4 boy’s body, I thought they were supposed to be super limited.

• Like 1

RozenGermain
18 minutes ago, chantelle said:

I’m surprised to see that Janesdolland is selling the tan version of the 1/4 boy’s body, I thought they were supposed to be super limited.

Yeah I noticed that too. Maybe they have some sorta deal with Imomodoll or something? IDK....

chantelle
1 hour ago, RozenGermain said:

Yeah I noticed that too. Maybe they have some sorta deal with Imomodoll or something? IDK....

Sounds like that’s most likely the case! Iirc, they’ve had special deals with Imomodoll before (e.g. early preorder/deposit for 75cm male)

• Like 1

MoiBakaDesu

Placed my order for a boy and a 1/12 doll right after the listings went online over pandabuy, hopefully everything will go through nicely.

I could imagine a lot of people wanting to get the boys.

• Like 1

ateliermiel

Placed an order for the boy body! Stoked. Now I need to shop around for his head....

• Like 1

RozenGermain

Placed an order myself too! I can't wait! :3 Especially considering it might be a great alternative to the Asexual MDD body!

Edited by RozenGermain

ateliermiel

It seems like the preorder is available for the tan boy body as well- it's an option on the taobao listing, at least!

• Like 1

MoiBakaDesu

Yeah, I like the sculpt for the boy body a lot, I've never been that much of a fan of the overall look of the MDD body, so I'm stoked about such a cute 1/4 vinyl boy.

I went with a Miko head for now, because I like having alternative heads for my two boys anyway, but he is planned to also be a hybrid with a shoushoudoll head.

• Like 1