Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

amijules

Imomodoll Discussion Thread!

RozenGermain
1 hour ago, MoiBakaDesu said:

he is planned to also be a hybrid with a shoushoudoll head.

That's neat! Maybe I can make mine a Kumako hybrid since I have one of their heads floating around! Then again, I am considering either a DDH hybrid too or just getting a head from Imomodoll later... I did get semi-white so....

samseramsamsam

Behold the "big" head in the wild - now if only the body would arrive, too XD

IMG_20231101_165803.jpg

• Like 4

Jezrah

Uh oh. I hadn't been planning to buy any more dolls right now, but with the release of the bigger head for the 75cm body, and the 1/4 boy, I find myself having put in an order with JDL for a full doll in both sizes... 😄

• Like 1

32717445532_3aa446bd94_m.jpg

RozenGermain
9 hours ago, Jezrah said:

Uh oh. I hadn't been planning to buy any more dolls right now, but with the release of the bigger head for the 75cm body, and the 1/4 boy, I find myself having put in an order with JDL for a full doll in both sizes... 😄

I know the pains of temptation lol! I got the 1/4 boy myself cause I was so tempted and wanted it since I heard of it on here.

samseramsamsam

Oh dear! The body finally arrived! Unfortunately, I didn't get the Imomo box (package was returned to seller once because it was too big, they must've taken another box), but everything seems to be okay, one little dent in his torso that should flatten with heat.

I wouldn't have though that the head would fit, but it's lovely! Tomorrow, he'll get some face paint and eyes.

The stretchy leggings for uncle bjd fit as long as he's standing 😅 sitting, not so much. I have to say, I don't like the back of his legs 😑 he's a clunky thing, not too graceful movements, but maybe I'm just too chicken with the joints 🐔

Range of movement is limited, but he is so much lighter than a resin of that size 🙈😅

IMG_20231103_162801.jpg

IMG_20231103_162633.jpg

IMG_20231103_162649.jpg

IMG_20231103_162737.jpg

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

RozenGermain

Congrats! He looks amazing!

• Like 1

samseramsamsam

Okay, for the Canis B head I'll have to print a body someday - it is too small for the big body 😅

IMG_20231104_175735.jpg

samseramsamsam

Here's the Rei head! With smaller half-round DD eyes. 

Well it's a face for now. I'll have to spray matte msc over it, liquitex leaves a quite shiny finish (yes, I bought matte XD) 

Question ! The head sits very loose, I already tried winding elastic around the neck post, but it doesn't help. The plastic kip that came with the head does absolutely nothing as well 🤔

IMG_20231104_190617.jpg

IMG_20231104_190546.jpg

• Like 1

CreationOdyssey

So I ordered two of the 1/4 boy bodies and started looking online and maybe I’m just not looking in the right place…. 

Are there no patterns for 1/4 boy bodies. I really just need one to make a sloper. 

RozenGermain
18 minutes ago, CreationOdyssey said:

Are there no patterns for 1/4 boy bodies. I really just need one to make a sloper. 

I make patterns for clothes on my own, but I think that a pattern for any MDD/MSD might do the trick?

CreationOdyssey
1 hour ago, RozenGermain said:

I make patterns for clothes on my own, but I think that a pattern for any MDD/MSD might do the trick?

Yeah that’s what I’m going to do, just wanted a basic pattern to create a sloper (it’s a basic pattern used to build on so you’re not constantly making patterns from scratch) but didn’t find anything for MDD will try MSD. Thank you.

• Like 1

MoiBakaDesu

Anybody have any good ideas how to paint the inside ob the Canis B head?

Going in there with my brush makes me kind of nervous, haha. Just very hard to see what you are actually painting.

Matcha

my imomo miko body came in!! i cannot wait to make outfits for her real soon, shes bigger than i thought too.

does anyone here have any recommendations for stands for these? i bought one 2 days ago on amazon and it sadly doesnt work for my girl even though its mentioned adjustable makes her even float taller. figuring out what stand or what to do since i just got her.

ill post a link here

https://www.amazon.com/MEOLY-Detachable-Ajdustable-Decoration-Collection/dp/B087RRJP2H/ref=sr_1_2?crid=1UAZABVFYQM8Y&keywords=40cm+doll+stand&qid=1699763101&sprefix=40cm+doll+stabd%2Caps%2C163&sr=8-2

• Like 1

EagleVision1999
15 hours ago, Matcha said:

my imomo miko body came in!! i cannot wait to make outfits for her real soon, shes bigger than i thought too.

does anyone here have any recommendations for stands for these? i bought one 2 days ago on amazon and it sadly doesnt work for my girl even though its mentioned adjustable makes her even float taller. figuring out what stand or what to do since i just got her.

ill post a link here

https://www.amazon.com/MEOLY-Detachable-Ajdustable-Decoration-Collection/dp/B087RRJP2H/ref=sr_1_2?crid=1UAZABVFYQM8Y&keywords=40cm+doll+stand&qid=1699763101&sprefix=40cm+doll+stabd%2Caps%2C163&sr=8-2

I can personally recommend this one:

Invisible doll stand on Alice's Collections

I bought it during an event when it was cheaper though, it might be possible to find it on Taobao directly?

I use it for a 53cm Doll Chateau doll with wings, it's quite sturdy. But it takes up more room than a saddle stand. 

• Thanks 1

MoiBakaDesu

Despite having to fight with the weather he is done.

Might put him on a body today after work and see how it looks, but he will be a floating head until the 68cm body finally gets a release ...

Polish_20231113_092342209.jpg.c75562516572359cf642aed3f3f79dc8.jpg

• Like 3

RozenGermain

Damn! you're good at face-ups hehe! BTW how did you make that chair? It looks neat!

PolitelyNefarious

@MoiBakaDesu  He's gorgeous! Wow! Your style looks great on any size, but this is the first time I've seen this sculpt get a proper 'anime' makeover, and I must say, I like him better in it. Those brows and lashes have so much personality.

1541664063_324SigUpdate(1).jpg.0e6f96def94bd21c61f91356e0bc8f92.jpg 855019605_DeletelaterSmol.jpg.136e5d245c2328488f8736543aceb78d.jpg

MoiBakaDesu
8 hours ago, RozenGermain said:

Damn! you're good at face-ups hehe! BTW how did you make that chair? It looks neat!

That chair I got from taobao, it came already arranged with the flowers and the pillow as well. It's very nice to put at least two 1/12 or a 1/6 doll in it.

8 hours ago, PolitelyNefarious said:

@MoiBakaDesu  He's gorgeous! Wow! Your style looks great on any size, but this is the first time I've seen this sculpt get a proper 'anime' makeover, and I must say, I like him better in it. Those brows and lashes have so much personality.

Oh thank you! Hearing something like that makes me happy, because I very much would describe myself still as a "faceup rookie".

But it's true that there doesn't seem to be that much faceups of the Canis heads around yet, I think I can count the ones I have seen so far on one hand.

Oh, another exciting thing, it looks like my stuff from my last Imomo order is on the way to the pandabuy warehouse now, so the 1/4 boy, the 1/12 doll, a set of hands for the boy and a Miko head are soon on the way to me. I will be at the mercy of the weather in how soon I will get to do anything with that though.

Edited by MoiBakaDesu
  • Like 1

MoiBakaDesu

Sorry for double posting, but look what just arrived at my pandabuy warehouse!

I don't know why, but I think the shoulder blades of the boy body are very cute, haha. It is such a pretty sculpt.

imomoboy2.jpg.efb650a00f112ad045d017910df9028b.jpgimomoboy1.jpg.143376a54e03d8a80c7928f4d0937f4a.jpgimomosmall.jpg.d67f55dbb2eb5b2e4857691ca8655bba.jpg

• Like 5

RozenGermain

He really does look like the asexual MDD body! I can't wait for mine to come, lol!

MoiBakaDesu
3 hours ago, RozenGermain said:

He really does look like the asexual MDD body! I can't wait for mine to come, lol!

It does! I like the proportions more on the Imomo body, I never was a fan of the very thin legs of the MDD body, and ashi mochi doesn't have a nice hipline imo. And the way the torso is separated also never was my thing.

So I'm just very happy with having such a pretty vinyl alternative now. 

• Like 1

EagleVision1999

I have uploaded some decent pictures now, so here are my two 1/4 girls!

53325826972_6366dfb0cc_z.jpg

One is on the bigger Miko body, the other is Ruby on the rabbit? body in semi-white and chocolate repectively.

• Like 4

Roserolls

Omg I looove the 1/4 boy body, it's so cute! I usually feel like 1/4 boy bodies are too blocky, but this one looks really good! I wonder if they'll make fullsets for the new boy body like Miyoko, Chestnut, Luna, etc. I really hope so, since I don't know what head would look good for a boy doll...

• Like 1

MoiBakaDesu
7 hours ago, Roserolls said:

Omg I looove the 1/4 boy body, it's so cute! I usually feel like 1/4 boy bodies are too blocky, but this one looks really good! I wonder if they'll make fullsets for the new boy body like Miyoko, Chestnut, Luna, etc. I really hope so, since I don't know what head would look good for a boy doll...

The pictures that Imomo has on their taobao and weibo for him uses the Miko head and I also have seen quite a few of them painted as boys, so that one works pretty well.

It would very nice if they would make a few more sculpts that are "boy-ish", I mean, depending on the image you want to go for I'm pretty sure Tiamat or Mie also can work, but most of their 1/4 heads don't speak to me yet for my boys.

• Like 1

Cosmos_fairy

Hi, I just got my first Imomodoll. She is a 1/4 Ruby A. I purchased extra hands for her, but I don't understand how to change the hands. The hands that came with the doll have a hole for the stick, but the extra hands are all hollow. Does someone know what is the problem ?

spacer.pngspacer.png