Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

amijules

Imomodoll Discussion Thread!

MoiBakaDesu
10 hours ago, Cosmos_fairy said:

Hi, I just got my first Imomodoll. She is a 1/4 Ruby A. I purchased extra hands for her, but I don't understand how to change the hands. The hands that came with the doll have a hole for the stick, but the extra hands are all hollow. Does someone know what is the problem ?

spacer.pngspacer.png

Oh, don't worry, there is no problem at all there, it's just that you plugged out the actual hand peg with the hand there. What you see inside the hand in your first picture is what you have to put into the hollow hands.

It's very hard and downright impossible without heating them up first, that's why a few people already have opted to mod the pegs slightly to make it a smother change and fit.

• Thanks 1

nyampo

Here’s picture of Hikaru, poor thing has some issues with her arms not attaching properly. They haven’t fallen off (yet) She still needs a wig.

IMG_0322.jpeg

RozenGermain

You can use tape to secure the arms if that's the case! I've seen people suggest it before, and it seems to work. Congrats on such a cute doll!

StartPlanting

Apologies if this should belong in a different thread, has anyone hybridized an Obitsu 50 head to Imomo 1/4? I saw one image from an Instagram link with skin tone matches, but I would like to find bodies more in scale with MDD. I have the Visuadoll heads which I love, and I thought I would like them on AP bodies, but I hate the scale (and now have lots of unused ob50/AP bodies/parts 😒). Maybe the heads are just too small for Imomo to look correct and I will have to give up. 😞

Oculae

Imomo should work, their neck holes are a similar format to Obitsu's, but if you like MDD...why not just adapt the Visuadoll heads to MDD bodies? Obitsu on MDD is a hybrid I've seen a few times, and the head attachment method is pretty similar to what you'd have to do for an Imomo body - you just need to put the head onto the neck peg and then use something to clamp it down onto the peg, sandwiching the head between it and the neck vinyl. People use bottlecaps and wine corks for their head clamps, and if you want to go the Imomo route, Imomo's heads attach using that exact concept - the silicone wing nuts they ship with are for holding the head on.

(Also, if you just want a 40cm body to put your Visuadoll heads on, Obitsu does have a 40cm option, so you could just get one of those and even throw an AP bust on if you want, no hybridization required. It fits MDD clothes perfectly.)

tumblr_o9govtKpFv1v9twgko1_400.gif.eae368d3c0bfc2a75087167170705ec2.gifPlease ping me when replying!

StartPlanting

Oh! Thank you! I was thinking maybe Imomo because the Visuadoll heads I have do not have a normal Obitsu attachment hole… its an almost completely open hole that is almost even too large for the Obitsu attachment. I think they must be older because they also are much paler than the other AP Obitsu parts?  But a bottle cap of course! Brilliant! Thank you! I’m glad you say the Imomos work though I love the thicker bodies (I really like the hybrid mod you did for that too!). 

ragnamuffin
4 hours ago, Oculae said:

Obitsu does have a 40cm option, so you could just get one of those and even throw an AP bust on if you want, no hybridization required.

This isn’t going to work. AP busts are larger than stock Obitsu torsos, so there’s going to be a lot of gapping, even if you go for the smallest AP bust (the Type C1).

• Thanks 1

honooko
On 12/4/2023 at 7:35 AM, Cosmos_fairy said:

Hi, I just got my first Imomodoll. She is a 1/4 Ruby A. I purchased extra hands for her, but I don't understand how to change the hands. The hands that came with the doll have a hole for the stick, but the extra hands are all hollow. Does someone know what is the problem ?

spacer.pngspacer.png

I don't know if this helps, but this is on the Japanese Dolk listing for the extra hands:spacer.png

honooko

Can anyone confirm what size wig a 1/6 Toppa wears? I've seen "6-7 fits perfect" "6-7 is too small" "7-8 is a good fit with a cap" "7-8 is huge" and I'm losing my mind trying to order a wig for my girl before she gets here!

0bsequi0us
1 hour ago, honooko said:

Can anyone confirm what size wig a 1/6 Toppa wears? I've seen "6-7 fits perfect" "6-7 is too small" "7-8 is a good fit with a cap" "7-8 is huge" and I'm losing my mind trying to order a wig for my girl before she gets here!

I can't speak to Toppa in particular, but I've got a couple other 1/6 Imomodoll heads (including Kira, who has the exact same head circumference at 18.5cm) and I prefer 6-7 for all of them. Both sizes technically fit, but I find that 7-8 wigs are more prone to sliding around (so a wig cap is a good idea) and the amount of hair tends to look huge and would need extra styling to look natural. 6-7 are snug and a little trickier to put on (still very doable though) but the volume of the hair looks more appropriate imo.

Edited by 0bsequi0us
  • Like 1

BelliniZinfandel_plasticjester.png.f2531efee3a0885fc0ddeec99e67bff2.png

Pixel art by @PlasticJester !

MoiBakaDesu
1 hour ago, honooko said:

The head is 18,5cm and I'm using wigs in the 7-8 size range, they fit perfectly. Not a lot of wiggle room, but if you need stain protection a thin cap still fits under it.

• Like 1

honooko
46 minutes ago, 0bsequi0us said:

I can't speak to Toppa in particular, but I've got a couple other 1/6 Imomodoll heads (including Kira, who has the exact same head circumference at 18.5cm) and I prefer 6-7 for all of them. Both sizes technically fit, but I find that 7-8 wigs are more prone to sliding around (so a wig cap is a good idea) and the amount of hair tends to look huge and would need extra styling to look natural. 6-7 are snug and a little trickier to put on (still very doable though) but the volume of the hair looks more appropriate imo.

43 minutes ago, MoiBakaDesu said:

The head is 18,5cm and I'm using wigs in the 7-8 size range, they fit perfectly. Not a lot of wiggle room, but if you need stain protection a thin cap still fits under it.

The Japanese phrase for what I am experiencing is 中途半端. 😭

• Haha 1

MoiBakaDesu
2 hours ago, honooko said:

These are mine with 7-8 wigs, maybe that is visual help.

20230722_150136.jpg.3d66a6729b8cfe04ca8939e6f0ae32f3.jpg

• Like 1

ragnamuffin
2 hours ago, honooko said:

中途半端 is more like “doing a half-assed job”. Your situation is more like 優柔不断 (indecisiveness) 😅

honooko
36 minutes ago, ragnamuffin said:

中途半端 is more like “doing a half-assed job”. Your situation is more like 優柔不断 (indecisiveness) 😅

I was referring to my ability to understand, which is definitely half-assed. 😂

• Haha 2

honooko

Good news! My Toppa arrived today and some spare wigs confirm she wears a Leekeworld MSD wig no problem.

• Like 1

0bsequi0us

I received my 1/4 angel body today, and I have to say I'm pleasantly surprised! I knew they were changing the skeleton, but tbh I was expecting no functional differences at all. But it seems they've fixed the annoying swiveling issue at the knees, and the gapping at the ankles isn't very bad at all! It still has a lot of the same little issues as the original bodies, but the knees not swiveling backwards all the time makes a huge difference.

uniangel.jpg.356328c7e02c451983d234dd442bbe79.jpg

I also think aesthetically it's just as beautiful as I expected, tbh I think it would work great for a slim, flat-chested girl too.

uniangel2.jpg.3c5dfbc0b61fa6e481e05a323c2ad593.jpg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 7

Roserolls

Aw the body is so cute! It's good to hear that they've updated the skeleton. I'm pretty miffed because the replacement Miko body was listed as the V2 body, but she had even worse problems than my first one! Her calves straight up were helicoptering around the leg 😐

I had to attempt the mod again to try to fix it, this time knowing to not cut as far as I did before, and it kind of worked I guess. The calves still kinda move, but they aren't twirling around with just a flick. I didn't even try to fix the ankles since that's where they flat out broke on my last one. IDK if I just got scammed with a V1 body or if the improvements weren't much for the Miko body, but I hope they keep trying to update and improve the bodies again.

0bsequi0us
4 hours ago, Roserolls said:

Aw the body is so cute! It's good to hear that they've updated the skeleton. I'm pretty miffed because the replacement Miko body was listed as the V2 body, but she had even worse problems than my first one! Her calves straight up were helicoptering around the leg 😐

I had to attempt the mod again to try to fix it, this time knowing to not cut as far as I did before, and it kind of worked I guess. The calves still kinda move, but they aren't twirling around with just a flick. I didn't even try to fix the ankles since that's where they flat out broke on my last one. IDK if I just got scammed with a V1 body or if the improvements weren't much for the Miko body, but I hope they keep trying to update and improve the bodies again.

Yeah, unfortunately I think they're improving the body just a tiny bit at a time. 😅 My V2 body still had most of the same issues that V1 had, I think honestly one of the biggest changes was just making the parts tighter so the arms and legs wouldn't continuously fall off. But the gapping, swiveling and range of motion issues were all still there.

I think they'll probably eventually land on a skeleton design that works really well, but I worry it might be V4 or V5 😭

• Like 1

MoiBakaDesu
8 hours ago, 0bsequi0us said:

I received my 1/4 angel body today, and I have to say I'm pleasantly surprised! I knew they were changing the skeleton, but tbh I was expecting no functional differences at all. But it seems they've fixed the annoying swiveling issue at the knees, and the gapping at the ankles isn't very bad at all! It still has a lot of the same little issues as the original bodies, but the knees not swiveling backwards all the time makes a huge difference.

uniangel.jpg.356328c7e02c451983d234dd442bbe79.jpg

I also think aesthetically it's just as beautiful as I expected, tbh I think it would work great for a slim, flat-chested girl too.

uniangel2.jpg.3c5dfbc0b61fa6e481e05a323c2ad593.jpg

Oh my, so cute! 🥺

Hearing that they fixed the issues with the legs and that the gaping at the knees even looks a lot less jarring makes me really happy, because that were my main issues with their 1/4 bodies, as much as I love them.

I hope mine arrives soon as well and doesn't get caught up in the Christmas mail too badly.

• Like 1

RozenGermain

Oh god I think my body was caught in the Christmas mail curse...... And it's so close too......

• Sad 1

AliceDoll

I just picked up one of the resin noxious heads second hand! 👀 I’m excited because it comes with interchangeable mouth parts and I’ve never played with that before. 

Does anyone know if it’s possible to buy the resin body only? 

Shailara

From what I could make of her taobao, it doesn't look like it.

I only learnt of these dolls today, and I'm really eyeing a Miko myself. What would anyone recommend as a proxy for taobao? Seems like they're way cheaper on Taobao than on Janes, even after proxy fees most likely, so...

(\_/)
( ' .' ) 
( uu)

Kirino

I just got my Taobao package from Imomodoll and it's missing 11 items. Has anyone else had this experience? I've ordered just a couple things before and never had a negative experience, so I don't know if I should expect everything else in a separate package or what. I like the bodies a lot though, just wish I had everything I ordered...

• Sad 1