Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

amijules

Imomodoll Discussion Thread!

MoiBakaDesu

I finished both my Canis A and B!

Now I have to wait until Imomodoll gets done with their 68cm boys. But I might model them for a few pictures on my resin boys.

20231217_144830.jpg.c627f2e5fab8be45f0ed935e09a9d850.jpg

Edit: I couldn't put Fuuta on his resin version body because the S-hook is too big for the Canis gead opening (I might have a smaller one somewhere, but I first would have to search), but for now have Canis A Haruka on a Vings 68cm body.

20231217_200722.jpg.a0243da93811610f4c1e5d4cedbc8e31.jpg

Edited by MoiBakaDesu
  • Like 7

RozenGermain

Well I was lucky enough that my boy body arrived today! I love how adorable he is, but the skeleton is obviously not the greatest... The legs seem to want to pop off an get loose whenever I sit him down and the left arm is a tad weird as well. The calves swivel as to be expected, and the feet have a gap too. Definitely gonna be a future modding project lol! I'm fine with it though, it is essentially a budget MDD after all, and I got what I paid for basically. Plus I've never modded a doll before so I'm gonna be interested to see how it goes! 😉

EDIT:

Adding a photo of the boy! He's a DDH12/Imomodoll boy hybrid!

vi6k25i.jpg

Edited by RozenGermain
Wanted to add a photo
  • Like 8

strawberrywho
On 12/19/2023 at 12:07 PM, RozenGermain said:

Well I was lucky enough that my boy body arrived today! I love how adorable he is, but the skeleton is obviously not the greatest... The legs seem to want to pop off an get loose whenever I sit him down and the left arm is a tad weird as well. The calves swivel as to be expected, and the feet have a gap too. Definitely gonna be a future modding project lol! I'm fine with it though, it is essentially a budget MDD after all, and I got what I paid for basically. Plus I've never modded a doll before so I'm gonna be interested to see how it goes! 😉

EDIT:

vi6k25i.jpg

omg he is soo cute (づ ●─● )づ 

• Like 1

MoiBakaDesu
On 12/19/2023 at 6:07 PM, RozenGermain said:

EDIT:

vi6k25i.jpg

He's very cute!

I didn't have time to play with mine yet since he arrived, and the head I plan to hybrid him with is still not released, but I did get him a Miko as an alternative to change out ... now I just need better weather again to actually work on it.

• Like 1

honooko

I'm in love with my Toppa, she's such a charming little sculpt!

spacer.png

• Like 5

honooko
Posted (edited)

Wrong thread!

Edited by honooko
Wrong thread

prettysailorstar

Hi, so I want to order imomodoll Kira/guru, I've never customized a doll before so i am really nervous about buying eyes or hair. I plan to sew my own clothes so I am not too worried about that, but I am wondering should I make my own eyes/hair or buy them? I don't know where to buy eyes and wig, i'm scared of buying from a recast seller accidentally.  Also, I am worried the wig will not fit. Is the head measurement what I should reference when I buy a wig? Or should I wait to actually get the doll and make my own measurements?

RozenGermain
3 hours ago, prettysailorstar said:

Hi, so I want to order imomodoll Kira/guru, I've never customized a doll before so i am really nervous about buying eyes or hair. I plan to sew my own clothes so I am not too worried about that, but I am wondering should I make my own eyes/hair or buy them? I don't know where to buy eyes and wig, i'm scared of buying from a recast seller accidentally.  Also, I am worried the wig will not fit. Is the head measurement what I should reference when I buy a wig? Or should I wait to actually get the doll and make my own measurements?

I know of legit sellers for eyes and wigs! Leekeworld and Licht sell wigs that are good for the YOSD size dolls you want, and I've heard the dolls need 7-8 inch wigs! As for eyes, C.P. works makes beautiful anime eyes and I can't recommend them enough!

• Thanks 1

prettysailorstar
4 hours ago, RozenGermain said:

I know of legit sellers for eyes and wigs! Leekeworld and Licht sell wigs that are good for the YOSD size dolls you want, and I've heard the dolls need 7-8 inch wigs! As for eyes, C.P. works makes beautiful anime eyes and I can't recommend them enough!

Thank you so much for the recommendations and measurement advice <3

Tasuke
Posted (edited)

I've had great success in painting Lip, Mouth, and even some Eye Details upon both hard plastic and hollow vinyl Doll Heads...

by utilizing TAMIYA COLOR Plastic Model Acrylics;

Konomi_Face-Up_6-22-23_B.png?width=1920&

Konomi_Face_CU_1-8-23_mSzLnhJSfngwoAUU5P

Squid_Girl_new_faceup_1-14-22_CL_1.jpg?w

Squid_Girl_-_Face-Up_7-30-23.png?width=1

Ayeka_TAKARA_Original_Faceup_CU.png?widt

Ayeka_Faceup_CU_1-7-24.png?width=1920&he

Edited by Tasuke
  • Confused 2

2020164095_ANightatKonomi12-18-23550px.Horizont..png.35eaba54e8b03fbe6a7f7cd252209e94.png

prettysailorstar

Ignore this post  I already got an answer to my question lol T.T

Edited by prettysailorstar
I asked a question but found out quickly

uoub

A bit of an update since I ordered the 75 guy, but imomodoll actually sent out some extra "parts" for it lol. I won't attach pictures of said parts due to it being very nsfw but they sent... several options for sizes which I found amusing. The only downside is that it was immediately sent to my proxy and I had to pay for shipping despite not knowing it was going to be even sent. Luckily the shipping cost was only around 5 USD so I'm not too upset!

• Haha 6

PlasticJester

My first post here, eep!
I just ordered my first ever vinyl doll, a 1/4th male Imomodoll! Just the body for now, I nabbed a cheap vinyl head to get used to the material before the body comes in. I'm excited and nervous! I own a couple resin dolls and collect fashion dolls, but I've never wanted to commit to an expensive doll I may not like, especially because I know staining can be an issue. Imomodoll has a really nice price point as a gateway into vinyl!

• Like 2

592108676_DollGroupPixel.png.059a2d02f02ccb8975d8c8461ef7b1cc.png

Janeway

I just ordered a Imomo 1/6 doll. The one on the left.

-1147837107-915050575.jpg

RetroKanojo
On 12/11/2023 at 9:59 PM, 0bsequi0us said:

I received my 1/4 angel body today, and I have to say I'm pleasantly surprised! I knew they were changing the skeleton, but tbh I was expecting no functional differences at all. But it seems they've fixed the annoying swiveling issue at the knees, and the gapping at the ankles isn't very bad at all! It still has a lot of the same little issues as the original bodies, but the knees not swiveling backwards all the time makes a huge difference.

uniangel.jpg.356328c7e02c451983d234dd442bbe79.jpg

I also think aesthetically it's just as beautiful as I expected, tbh I think it would work great for a slim, flat-chested girl too.

uniangel2.jpg.3c5dfbc0b61fa6e481e05a323c2ad593.jpg

I just received my body yesterday, and have to agree - the sculpting is very lovely! I was expecting this doll to be more of a 'back-burner' sort of project but now I feel like I might bump it up a little higher on my list of priorities.. @onion34@

As this is my first Imomodoll - has anyone experimented with the fit of different clothes? Would MDD/MSD stuff fit right out of the box? @onion35@

• Like 2

RozenGermain
3 hours ago, RetroKanojo said:

As this is my first Imomodoll - has anyone experimented with the fit of different clothes? Would MDD/MSD stuff fit right out of the box? @onion35@

Mine has MDD/MSD size clothes on! It'll work fine!

• Like 1

jenifer13x

For me - Imomos BEST DOLL is a little Guru. She is so cute!!! A piece of forest 😍-4_4epZC5PM.jpg?size=453x604&quality=96&

• Like 2

jenifer13x

So a little Guru sends you a kiss 😘JHinAIyC0rQ.jpg?size=453x604&quality=96&

• Like 3

RetroKanojo
On 2/3/2024 at 5:43 PM, RozenGermain said:

Mine has MDD/MSD size clothes on! It'll work fine!

Awesome! I just got my blank Miko head in as well! I think it looks really charming @onion34@ How exciting!

MoiBakaDesu

I plopped my now "retired" DDH06 (that was DDB Haruka before he got his proper head, hah) on the boy body just to see how it looks and because I was in the mood to play with it a bit before he gets his head proper.

I have to say DD semi white doesn't even look that off on it.

20240204_150714.jpg.b15caa0d6b55cbc948092e5bfa9c37a7.jpg

• Like 6

strawberrywho

my newest girl Anya, tho I'm still working out the kinks til I get her perfect 

IMG_20240204_172135_044.jpg

Edited by strawberrywho
typo
  • Like 3

PlasticJester

Love seeing everyone's dolls! Anya's shirt in particular is adorable. I maaaaaay have caved and also ordered a 1/6 doll in cream to shell a chibi version of a very obscure character. That'll be my first real dive into 1/6 scale, I'm excited! Still waiting on my 1/4 body too...=o=

• Like 1

592108676_DollGroupPixel.png.059a2d02f02ccb8975d8c8461ef7b1cc.png

strawberrywho
2 hours ago, PlasticJester said:

Love seeing everyone's dolls! Anya's shirt in particular is adorable. I maaaaaay have caved and also ordered a 1/6 doll in cream to shell a chibi version of a very obscure character. That'll be my first real dive into 1/6 scale, I'm excited! Still waiting on my 1/4 body too...=o=

thank you 💖 it's actually a skirt made for the 1/3 girls but anya has a big ol waist for her scale 🤣

0bsequi0us

hyb1.jpg.d131fe891bea54b6edbeb80a2b7ef042.jpghyb2.jpg.a0228f80c1a40b5e9e64caae78b957e3.jpg

I hadn't tried this hybrid until now for some reason, but it actually works surprisingly well! I guess I was expecting the neck to be too short like it was on my Miko/mimi body, but I think it's actually perfect! I also put large DD hands on him and not only do they fit the hand pegs perfectly, they also... don't even look that oversized? Maybe I'm just blind to it at this point 😂

• Like 13

BelliniZinfandel_plasticjester.png.f2531efee3a0885fc0ddeec99e67bff2.png

Pixel art by @PlasticJester !