Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

amijules

Imomodoll Discussion Thread!

PlasticJester
50 minutes ago, 0bsequi0us said:

I hadn't tried this hybrid until now for some reason, but it actually works surprisingly well! I guess I was expecting the neck to be too short like it was on my Miko/mimi body, but I think it's actually perfect! I also put large DD hands on him and not only do they fit the hand pegs perfectly, they also... don't even look that oversized? Maybe I'm just blind to it at this point 😂

The proportions are really cute! Kind of gangly-teenager in a way I think is really cute. Really like the combo of the wig and eye colors too! (I actually discovered Imomodoll through your youtube channel!)

• Like 2

592108676_DollGroupPixel.png.059a2d02f02ccb8975d8c8461ef7b1cc.png

0bsequi0us
51 minutes ago, PlasticJester said:

The proportions are really cute! Kind of gangly-teenager in a way I think is really cute. Really like the combo of the wig and eye colors too! (I actually discovered Imomodoll through your youtube channel!)

Yesss, I love the sorta awkwardness of it 🥺 Also thank you! I usually don't go for yellow but these two just happened to work out pretty well

• Like 2

BelliniZinfandel_plasticjester.png.f2531efee3a0885fc0ddeec99e67bff2.png

Pixel art by @PlasticJester !

Janeway

I got my 1/6 Imomo today. I am making a boy. Here is Finn. He is wearing a rainbow high boy shirt and a a pair of ken shorts. 

PXL_20240210_022341179.jpg

• Like 4

RozenGermain

Can't wait to see the face-up once you get it done!

Janeway
39 minutes ago, RozenGermain said:

Can't wait to see the face-up once you get it done!

I will have to find someone who can do his face up.

RozenGermain
On 2/8/2024 at 9:38 PM, 0bsequi0us said:

Yesss, I love the sorta awkwardness of it 🥺 Also thank you! I usually don't go for yellow but these two just happened to work out pretty well

Sorry to add to this, but you introduced me to Imomodoll too, hehe! I love that hybrid there too, it's pretty cartoony in how it feels! Honestly the DDH heads meant for MDDs aesthetically are pretty good looking on the boy body (pretty sure the same would apply to the girls as well), which is good cause I actually prefer them to Imomodoll's heads personally. That's pretty much why my intent for the boy body was always to hybridize it with a DDH head! It feels like a MDD with an actual boy body because of it, and now I wish the asexual MDD body was readily available on Volks' website.... 😅

• Like 1

jenifer13x

I love her so much ❤❤❤

spacer.png

• Like 3

0bsequi0us
4 hours ago, RozenGermain said:

Sorry to add to this, but you introduced me to Imomodoll too, hehe! I love that hybrid there too, it's pretty cartoony in how it feels! Honestly the DDH heads meant for MDDs aesthetically are pretty good looking on the boy body (pretty sure the same would apply to the girls as well), which is good cause I actually prefer them to Imomodoll's heads personally. That's pretty much why my intent for the boy body was always to hybridize it with a DDH head! It feels like a MDD with an actual boy body because of it, and now I wish the asexual MDD body was readily available on Volks' website.... 😅

Lmao, I love to hear that I've somehow indoctrinated so many people 😆

I like the sculpts of Imomodoll's heads, but unfortunately they're SUPER loose on Imomodoll bodies 😓 Like even with the silicone wingnuts provided, they're ridiculously wobbly. The DDH29 hits that nice middle ground of being nice and tight but not so tight I worry it's stressing the neck hole. The only downside is that the color match isn't perfect, but it's close enough imo.

I wish the DD boy bodies were easier to acquire but Volks seems pretty adamant that boys are icky and they want nothing to do with them. 😂 Oh well, I honestly think that the Imomodoll boy is a great substitute for the Integrated Asexual body anyways.

• Like 1

CreationOdyssey

FINALLY GOT MY BOY BODIES!!! 💃🏾💃🏾 only opened one body but they are a lot more loose than I was expecting (I have three 1/6 bodies and they’re not this bad) any advice on making the joints a little tighter. With my 1/6 I just fiddled with them and they were fine but these seem like I need to do something extra I guess?IMG_7519.jpeg.3304b7166b8a3a7c06d16364fdf0a06b.jpeg

• Like 2

RozenGermain

There's a video floating around on how to mod an Imomodoll body to make it more stable! Here it is (I made a note of it just in case for my own boy body, hehe)!

• Thanks 2

CreationOdyssey
1 hour ago, RozenGermain said:

There's a video floating around on how to mod an Imomodoll body to make it more stable! Here it is (I made a note of it just in case for my own boy body, hehe)!

Awesome!! Thank you so much!! 

OrchidViper

Hi! I recently got my first Imomo, and my first vinyl, this past weekend at DollCon Dallas! I'm not certain what sculpt she is, but she's so cute! 

Kissamaagi
On 2/23/2024 at 5:59 AM, OrchidViper said:

Hi! I recently got my first Imomo, and my first vinyl, this past weekend at DollCon Dallas! I'm not certain what sculpt she is, but she's so cute! 

Some Imomos hake the sculp name in the back of the head, so you can check there!

OrchidViper
19 minutes ago, Kissamaagi said:

Some Imomos hake the sculp name in the back of the head, so you can check there!

Thanks for the tip! I didn't see one on her, but her face and ears look like either Toppi or Toppa. 

bonbon_155

ahh, this thread has me looking into imomos now! i've always been pretty much exclusively a puyoo person when it comes to doll customs, but the 1/6 imomos having similar proportions is really tempting me... i feel like they'd look so cute together! ( ´ ▽ ` )

it's interesting to hear about the quality of these too. i had seen them around on instagram a little, and i thought the price point seemed cheap almost to the point of being suspicious (though maybe that's just because i'm most familiar with insane dd/puyoo pricing), so knowing that you're at least getting a passable product most of the time makes them honestly a pretty good deal in my mind. 

• Like 2

OrchidViper
54 minutes ago, bonbon_155 said:

ahh, this thread has me looking into imomos now! i've always been pretty much exclusively a puyoo person when it comes to doll customs, but the 1/6 imomos having similar proportions is really tempting me... i feel like they'd look so cute together! ( ´ ▽ ` )

it's interesting to hear about the quality of these too. i had seen them around on instagram a little, and i thought the price point seemed cheap almost to the point of being suspicious (though maybe that's just because i'm most familiar with insane dd/puyoo pricing), so knowing that you're at least getting a passable product most of the time makes them honestly a pretty good deal in my mind. 

They really are so cute!!! 🥹 

And I agree about the prices, they really almost seem too good to be true. I like the look of their 1/4th body, and the affordable price as compared to dd is making me think about a dd/imomo hybrid. 

• Like 2

RozenGermain

Can confirm a DD/Imomodoll hybrid works well! I posted pics of Hansel earlier in the thread and he's a DDH12 head with the boy body!

• Like 1

OrchidViper

Oh good, thank you! I'm going to have to start thinking about what DD head I want! 

MoiBakaDesu

I can confirm, the 1/4 Imomos are very easy to hybrid. 

Even though their skin tone is neither a perfect match with DD semj-white nor flesh it still works with both? It kinda blends so well together it is barely noticeable, especially on pictures. My 1/4 Imomo boy is a hybrid with a resin head that has DD flesh color and it feels perfect to me. 

• Like 3

Kissamaagi
20 hours ago, OrchidViper said:

Thanks for the tip! I didn't see one on her, but her face and ears look like either Toppi or Toppa. 

It's possible the 1/6 ones don't have those, I only have 1/4 heads.

OrchidViper

@Kissamaagi ahhh ok, that could be possible then. Regardless of who she is, she's still one of my new favorite dolls 

Giragira

My 1/6 imomo arrived and I've started my first face-up. Just some line work first with gouache, haven't started with the pastels at all yet. I don't know if I'll keep this face up but I'm having fun learning.

spacer.png

• Like 6

Cazzie_Bliss

This thread made me jump on the Imomodoll train - I just got my head back from the faceup artist (Angelic Doll Customs) the other day and she's super cute! I'm looking forward to getting her a body ASAP. I plan to call her Mashiro after Mashiro Shiina from 'Sakura-sou no Pet na Kanajo.' (This is the artist's photo, since I don't have her eyes yet but I plan to get the ones pictured, maybe in a different colour)

426211343_877330030808811_3794702958618976680_n.jpg.066d322019c123ce725209594230e725.jpg

• Like 8

1201080411_Signature4.png.d6bd2feda415abca0856a7c2e72df054.png                                                                                                     

0bsequi0us

Ruby_fin.jpg.ef7a2a70324f600cca9d840003008fc4.jpg

I finally got around to painting my modded Ruby-A and I'm so pleased, he turned out cute! I'm glad Ruby actually ended up working on the male body, I was sort of afraid it would be too chibi or something

I haven't finished the inside of the mouth yet so the tongue and stuff are absent for now

• Like 8

Giragira

I was wondering if maybe anyone has an answer to this question, I apologize if this is an easy answer. I have my 1/6 imomo doll and I thought 16mm eyes would fit so I ordered some. However they won't fit inside the little eye "cups" inside the head. They might if I cut the cups away but I don't want to do something so permanent if I just need a different eye size?

Additional info, the doll eyes I ordered were smart doll eyes so they're more flat. So is that perhaps the problem instead of the size it's the shape?