Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

amijules

Imomodoll Discussion Thread!

0bsequi0us

Interesting news! Imomodoll just made a post on their weibo teasing a new body! They appear to be vinyl (no S-hook, so at least they're not strung resin) but if they end up being something else please disregard 😂

008ccSdgly1hpp10zlasrj31px223x6p.jpg.cb37289ffa444a97a9e008c7f08f3f9c.jpg

I don't fully know what to make of it, but it looks like there may be a thin-legged girl body coming soon? I can't tell from the caption if these are prototypes on their way to the factory or finished samples. I don't want to speculate too much based on automatic translation. 😅

• Like 3

BelliniZinfandel_plasticjester.png.f2531efee3a0885fc0ddeec99e67bff2.png

Pixel art by @PlasticJester !

Courtmom

Huh. Kinda looks like the 1/4 boy body TBH. I’ll ask them on Weibo and we shall see what/if they say!

• Like 1

0bsequi0us
1 hour ago, Courtmom said:

Huh. Kinda looks like the 1/4 boy body TBH. I’ll ask them on Weibo and we shall see what/if they say!

I was thinking that too, but since they just released the boy body I thought that surely couldn't be it... plus the bust of some of the bodies looks a little fuller, but it's hard to tell with the editing/angle.

Also the one on the far left appears to have thicker thighs than the rest, so maybe there's multiple new bodies?

Courtmom
3 minutes ago, 0bsequi0us said:

I was thinking that too, but since they just released the boy body I thought that surely couldn't be it... plus the bust of some of the bodies looks a little fuller, but it's hard to tell with the editing/angle.

Also the one on the far left appears to have thicker thighs than the rest, so maybe there's multiple new bodies?

I think you’re right that it’s more than one body, because the necks aren’t all uniform in length 🤣. I have asked on Weibo what size they are so, now we wait and see if they answer. 

0bsequi0us
Just now, Courtmom said:

I think you’re right that it’s more than one body, because the necks aren’t all uniform in length 🤣. I have asked on Weibo what size they are so, now we wait and see if they answer. 

Oh my gosh you're right, I didn't even notice 🤯 

Interesting! I'll be excited to see if/how they respond.

Courtmom
1 hour ago, 0bsequi0us said:

Oh my gosh you're right, I didn't even notice 🤯 

Interesting! I'll be excited to see if/how they respond.

It’s a big if. The sculptor and I go back and forth sometimes but imo rarely replied to me. 

• Sad 1

Courtmom

1/4 confirmed!

IMG_9829.png

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Courtmom

Does anyone own a Imo75 boy?

samseramsamsam
On 5/21/2024 at 10:32 PM, Courtmom said:

Does anyone own a Imo75 boy?

Yeah, my boy's still going strong 😊 even got a new sweater and a second head 

IMG_20240331_141225.jpg

• Haha 1

MoiBakaDesu

Speaking of the Imomo boys, was there ever any mention about the status of the 68cm one after they lost their 3D files?

I'm still eagerly waiting for the bodies for my floating Canis heads.

Courtmom
55 minutes ago, MoiBakaDesu said:

Speaking of the Imomo boys, was there ever any mention about the status of the 68cm one after they lost their 3D files?

I'm still eagerly waiting for the bodies for my floating Canis heads.

When I asked the sculptor they said that they’re working on it and that it may be shrunk down a little to a 65, but otherwise no info :(

MoiBakaDesu
1 hour ago, Courtmom said:

When I asked the sculptor they said that they’re working on it and that it may be shrunk down a little to a 65, but otherwise no info :(

Glad that there is info and not complete silence. 🙏 65cm is also still very okay for me, playing with the thought to try and mod one of them to be a bit smaller anyway.

Zippercore

Heyo, so I thumbed through here and have been considering getting a 1/4 boy from Imomo but was really curious as to how flexible, if at all, the single piece torso is? I've been absolutely spoiled by my Obitsu lol ;;

Courtmom
Just now, Zippercore said:

Heyo, so I thumbed through here and have been considering getting a 1/4 boy from Imomo but was really curious as to how flexible, if at all, the single piece torso is? I've been absolutely spoiled by my Obitsu lol ;;

Compared to an Obitsu, you will be disappointed. Also the single torso doesn’t really flex at all. Like at all. Which is disappointing and annoying because the skeleton does have a chest joint. But it’s useless unfortunately. 

• Thanks 1

Zippercore
1 minute ago, Courtmom said:

Compared to an Obitsu, you will be disappointed. Also the single torso doesn’t really flex at all. Like at all. Which is disappointing and annoying because the skeleton does have a chest joint. But it’s useless unfortunately. 

Ah that's what I was afraid of, thank you!

Courtmom
1 minute ago, Zippercore said:

Ah that's what I was afraid of, thank you!

Sorry! That said, you could probably cut his torso in half or something! If you don’t care about the weird crease line it’ll make 

Zippercore
19 hours ago, Courtmom said:

Sorry! That said, you could probably cut his torso in half or something! If you don’t care about the weird crease line it’ll make 

It's alright, I appreciate that you could confirm that for me. He's inexpensive enough that I might still go for it if I can get the funds together. Thank you for the reply!

Cazzie_Bliss

I don't know if these have been answered before but it came up in a different discussion with friends I wanted to bring here:

1) Does anyone else have Imomodolls with wobbly heads? My girl can't like look down at all, super top heavy. I thought it was maybe just her long wig weighing her down, but it seems to be a problem for other people too. The plastic/silicon things they give you don't seem to do anything unless I'm using them wrong. Has anyone modded something or know a fix?

2) Somebody mentioned whether or not an obitsu frame would fit inside the imomodoll vinyl. I feel like that should work on paper, but sizes are probably different. But thought I would mention it here for food for thought.

I really like my Imomodoll girl, she's so cute, but the head wobble is frustrating at times 

Have a nice day!

@onion14@

1201080411_Signature4.png.d6bd2feda415abca0856a7c2e72df054.png                                                                                                     

Courtmom
5 hours ago, Cazzie_Bliss said:

I don't know if these have been answered before but it came up in a different discussion with friends I wanted to bring here:

1) Does anyone else have Imomodolls with wobbly heads? My girl can't like look down at all, super top heavy. I thought it was maybe just her long wig weighing her down, but it seems to be a problem for other people too. The plastic/silicon things they give you don't seem to do anything unless I'm using them wrong. Has anyone modded something or know a fix?

2) Somebody mentioned whether or not an obitsu frame would fit inside the imomodoll vinyl. I feel like that should work on paper, but sizes are probably different. But thought I would mention it here for food for thought.

I really like my Imomodoll girl, she's so cute, but the head wobble is frustrating at times 

Have a nice day!

@onion14@

1. Is your rubber wing nut facing down? You usually have to use two. If that still doesn’t work, a washer and then the wing nut should work. 

2. Obitsu are CONSIDERABLY bigger. So while it might *technically* work. You’d have to do a lot of trimming in both the skeleton and the vinyl to make it work. That said, I have heard of people putting MDD frames in them!

0bsequi0us

To be honest, I've never been able to get the Imomo necks to work 😅 I've replaced almost all of them with these (specifically the one that says Mimi rabbit), and now they stay on quite well.

Weirdly enough I find that heads from other companies fit very nicely, my Real Doomsday and DDH29 heads don't even need the silicone wingnut. But Imomodoll heads are ridiculously wobbly.

Roserolls
Posted (edited)

Yeah, I straight up jammed one of those cosmetic wedge sponges between the back of the neck and head. Even with both of the rubber wing nuts AND the option part rubber donut on the neck, her head still wobbled like crazy. Even with the sponge, the head still stilts back all the time.

Edited by Roserolls

PlasticJester

I'm considering buying the chubbier 1/4 body (I believe the Ruby body?) and wanted to ask if there's anything I should be aware of in terms of clothes fitting? I don't have enough clothes for all my dolls as is, so I would need to buy an outfit for the body anyway and thought I'd ask.

592108676_DollGroupPixel.png.059a2d02f02ccb8975d8c8461ef7b1cc.png

MoiBakaDesu
3 hours ago, PlasticJester said:

I'm considering buying the chubbier 1/4 body (I believe the Ruby body?) and wanted to ask if there's anything I should be aware of in terms of clothes fitting? I don't have enough clothes for all my dolls as is, so I would need to buy an outfit for the body anyway and thought I'd ask.

Any clothing that is marked as fitting for Kumako will also fit the chubby 1/4 Imomos. That is most important for any clothing with pants.

PlasticJester
15 hours ago, MoiBakaDesu said:

Any clothing that is marked as fitting for Kumako will also fit the chubby 1/4 Imomos. That is most important for any clothing with pants.

Ok, thank you! Anyone have any recommendations for places to buy Kumako-sized clothing?

592108676_DollGroupPixel.png.059a2d02f02ccb8975d8c8461ef7b1cc.png

MoiBakaDesu
5 hours ago, PlasticJester said:

Ok, thank you! Anyone have any recommendations for places to buy Kumako-sized clothing?

In general taobao! As soon as you see something translated as "bear girl" or similar you know you have the right size.