Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

amijules

Imomodoll Discussion Thread!

CK170

So I got a 1/4 Miko doll recently and I really love her, but I think I finally understand the brand's reputation for stability issues (-w-)

The waist joint is so finicky to reattach that I'm considering using some solvent based plastic glue to keep the joint socket attached to the rest of the body even though that'd ruin the interchangeability of different sized chests.

• Like 2

rearadmiral
7 hours ago, Yukamina said:

The doll is very cute! But I do have to say, the vinyl in the head has some really thin spots 😬

Which head did you get? So far i haven't run into this with the 22/23cm heads and found that they were actually a bit stiffer than a Volks head.

Yukamina

I got the Mie head. I was thinking of getting the Miko head, but I wanted to get the body and head from the same seller, and Mie was available for that. I think the heads are pretty similar and the biggest difference comes from what face-up you give them. The vinyl is stiffer than current Volks DDs, but unrelated to the thinness. 

Ayrell
On 7/7/2024 at 4:14 AM, Beetke said:

Anyone know what to do with a 1/6 imomo doll with a loose leg? It isn't exactly THAT loose but whenever I try to make it sit down the left leg kinda just gets loose and falls off?

On 7/13/2024 at 1:55 PM, honooko said:

To be honest, I just put the leg back on. It can help to sort of pinch them around the hips to re-set the leg in more firmly, but it will fall off again without a doubt. I found I prefer my girls in dresses because it's easier to just pop the leg back on than if it came off in pants.

The same thing happens to be with my Imomodoll Toppa (and I believe she's 2.0). Do any of you know of any other bodies that might fit her head? Thanks in advance!

Yukamina

My Imomo is painted and dressed! I think I'll need to get a few more wigs when I get the chance, it was really hard to find something I liked. MDD size dolls fit wigs differently than DDs, their heads and faces are smaller but not small enough to go down a wig size. Also finding a color I liked was tough! But my cutie is done ^^

I struggle to take photos but this is what I can do at the moment ^_^; Still needs a name!

mie photo 1.jpg

mie photo 2.jpg

• Like 8

Ayrell
Posted (edited)

Oh, she's lovely! Love her dark hair and piercing eyes. I agree with ragnamuffin, she reminds me of Shallie as well! 🥰

Edited by Ayrell
  • Like 1

Giragira

She's very cute I love her serious expression.

As for a name since she seems very nature-y and because of her flower headband I keep thinking of flower names. Peony, Dahlia, Carmellia a name that looks like the flower she's wearing.

Loveotomy

spacer.pngspacer.png

This is my Miko and boy Apsu! I love so much that they actually have a boy body option.

Tried my own hand on the face ups!

• Like 6

rearadmiral

Has anyone had any luck with changing hands out on 1/4 bodies? I know you're supposed to use heat but I'm a little hesitant. Also, does Imomodoll ever run extra wrist pegs? I'd vastly prefer to just buy more of them than having to heat up the hands every time.

CK170
27 minutes ago, Loveotomy said:

spacer.pngspacer.png

This is my Miko and boy Apsu! I love so much that they actually have a boy body option.

Tried my own hand on the face ups!

They're so cute!!! The eyeliner is so clean that I'm seriously impressed 

Courtmom
3 hours ago, rearadmiral said:

Has anyone had any luck with changing hands out on 1/4 bodies? I know you're supposed to use heat but I'm a little hesitant. Also, does Imomodoll ever run extra wrist pegs? I'd vastly prefer to just buy more of them than having to heat up the hands every time.

MDD or DDP pegs work really well as an alternative!

• Like 1

Ayrell

Oh, Miko and Apsu are both very cute and colourful! They match wonderfully too, and you did a great job on their face-ups. 👏

I wanted to introduce you all to my Toppa, her name is Iori.

OjeXNvk.png?2

This is her with her very first wig, a blonde one. She was happy to have the sweater all the cool Internet dolls have. 😂

eEl0EM7.jpg?1

I have since changed her hair to a rainbow wig. She also informed me that it was now too warm to wear a sweatshirt, so I had to dig through my doll clothes for something more summery. Much better!

• Like 10

chupakiba

Here's a photo I took of @rudebuster's MDD/Imomodoll hybrid, Mara. I hope it's okay to post here, since the head isn't Imomodoll; however, the body is Imomodoll 肉肉 Cream. The Volks MDD outfit mostly fit, except the shorts; they were too small for her butt. The only problem is, I'm having so much trouble finding shoes for her. I know Kumako fit, but I have no idea where to find those.

spacer.png

I'm sorry, I love that little pouty face I refer to as the "Tanji face," because Tanjiro Kamado was the first character I saw who did it so much.

• Like 3

1951262810_Kyo1.png.acf2cbe7324928de79a669a246074ce2.png

Life is a series of decisions. You never have unlimited options, or unlimited time to think, but what you choose in that instant defines who you are.

PlasticJester

@condogenate I believe Taobao sells a lot of shoes for Kumako-types bodies, I was looking for my own Imomodoll Ruby! The search terms are usually equivalent to "bear baby" or "bear rabbit girl" in English, I believe? Or outright saying it's for "fat" or "chubby" 1/4 doll. The term 熊妹娃衣 should get you started.

592108676_DollGroupPixel.png.059a2d02f02ccb8975d8c8461ef7b1cc.png

Ayrell

Oh, Mara is very cute, cool and spunky! Love her clothing and her wig. 👏

chupakiba
14 hours ago, PlasticJester said:

I believe Taobao sells a lot of shoes for Kumako-types bodies, I was looking for my own Imomodoll Ruby! The search terms are usually equivalent to "bear baby" or "bear rabbit girl" in English, I believe? Or outright saying it's for "fat" or "chubby" 1/4 doll. The term 熊妹娃衣 should get you started.

Thank you for the search term! Taobao is hella hard to navigate, so hopefully that makes things easier. :classic_laugh:

4 hours ago, Ayrell said:

Oh, Mara is very cute, cool and spunky! Love her clothing and her wig. 👏

Thank you!! I'm glad you like her! 😁

• Like 1

1951262810_Kyo1.png.acf2cbe7324928de79a669a246074ce2.png

Life is a series of decisions. You never have unlimited options, or unlimited time to think, but what you choose in that instant defines who you are.

Veravey
43 minutes ago, 0bsequi0us said:

It looks like Chami will finally be available tomorrow! No word on those new bodies that were teased a while ago, but Chami is a really cute head sculpt. I might have to grab one 🤭

Finallyyy, I'm so exciteddddd~  (ノ´ヮ`)ノ*: ・゚

She's going to be my first Imomo fullset, and she'll look perfect beside TF Yi!

ftRtwRu9355h.gif.886b75a4e71a6125e1f5c114f2fd2e47.gif

MoiBakaDesu
2 hours ago, 0bsequi0us said:

It looks like Chami will finally be available tomorrow! No word on those new bodies that were teased a while ago, but Chami is a really cute head sculpt. I might have to grab one 🤭

That indeed is a cute sculpt ... I might as well just grab one, that could make a very good optional head for my Imomo Haruka.

• Haha 1

Ayrell
3 hours ago, 0bsequi0us said:

Ooh, she's very cute! Love the combination of pink hair and blue eyes!

PlasticJester

Besides the pink hair, this look hugely reminds me of Rin from 'Death Should Not Have Taken Thee!' and I kinda love that. Adorable sculpt, might need to snag one...but I can't decide if it's cuter in milk or chocolate!

592108676_DollGroupPixel.png.059a2d02f02ccb8975d8c8461ef7b1cc.png

bandycam

Hi all, quick question ;w; I got myself and my roommates some Imomos the other day, and one of ours is super lose/floppy. Since I only own an Obitsu and a DD (and am relatively knew to vinyl collecting overall... e-e ) I'm not entirely sure how one would go about... keeping them from being so... like that? lol

If it was one of my resin kids I'd just pull them apart and fuss with their string but I'm constantly worried I'll snap the inner structure of the vinyl crew/the Imomo just seems so much more fragile then my DD and Obitsu (granted the price difference would be a huge factor in quality I'm sure) One of my roommate's girl popped off at the chest and it took us a while to get it back into place. (This doll is the one that has the most amount of issues; Mine is decently solid except for her legs.)

MoiBakaDesu
2 hours ago, bandycam said:

Hi all, quick question ;w; I got myself and my roommates some Imomos the other day, and one of ours is super lose/floppy. Since I only own an Obitsu and a DD (and am relatively knew to vinyl collecting overall... e-e ) I'm not entirely sure how one would go about... keeping them from being so... like that? lol

If it was one of my resin kids I'd just pull them apart and fuss with their string but I'm constantly worried I'll snap the inner structure of the vinyl crew/the Imomo just seems so much more fragile then my DD and Obitsu (granted the price difference would be a huge factor in quality I'm sure) One of my roommate's girl popped off at the chest and it took us a while to get it back into place. (This doll is the one that has the most amount of issues; Mine is decently solid except for her legs.)

Which kind did you get? In general one fix you can try is coating the pegs of the loose limbs with some clear nail polish to give it more friction, or cleanly wrap them with some tape.

One thing I did with my chubby 1/4 Imomos is filling their legs with some cotton, so now their shins aren't moving around anymore and gained some stability.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Ayrell
11 hours ago, MoiBakaDesu said:

Which kind did you get? In general one fix you can try is coating the pegs of the loose limbs with some clear nail polish to give it more friction, or cleanly wrap them with some tape.

Do you have a picture of the tape solution? One of my Toppa's legs falls down all the time, and I believe she should have the 2.0 body too. Her leg falls off at the hip joint. I have tried wrapping the peg with tape, but it seemed to fall even more easily since the peg was bigger. I must be doing something wrong. The other leg and the rest of her limbs feel pretty sturdy though.

I've also tried lots of white tac with no avail either.

Are there any news of a new 1/6 body from Imomodoll? Or are any other bodies compatible with the Toppa head? I'd like to get a better body for my poor Iori.

Thanks in advance!