Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

amijules

Imomodoll Discussion Thread!

bandycam
22 hours ago, MoiBakaDesu said:

Which kind did you get? In general one fix you can try is coating the pegs of the loose limbs with some clear nail polish to give it more friction, or cleanly wrap them with some tape.

One thing I did with my chubby 1/4 Imomos is filling their legs with some cotton, so now their shins aren't moving around anymore and gained some stability.

We got the two part body (the mimi? one I think it's called lol) I think we're both a little scared to try pulling the body apart (though tape or stickytac sounds like a good idea...) since it took our 3rd roommate a while to get the torso peg back into place aha... Still, anything is worth trying. 

I'll definitely look into filling some parts with cotton too though, if it'll help keep them feeling a bit more solid.

MoiBakaDesu
Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, Ayrell said:

Do you have a picture of the tape solution? One of my Toppa's legs falls down all the time, and I believe she should have the 2.0 body too. Her leg falls off at the hip joint. I have tried wrapping the peg with tape, but it seemed to fall even more easily since the peg was bigger. I must be doing something wrong. The other leg and the rest of her limbs feel pretty sturdy though.

I've also tried lots of white tac with no avail either.

Are there any news of a new 1/6 body from Imomodoll? Or are any other bodies compatible with the Toppa head? I'd like to get a better body for my poor Iori.

Thanks in advance!

Sadly I personally haven't tried the tape or polish method myself yet, only read about them. My Imomos thankfully don't have that big of a loose peg problem, maybe an arm here an there ... personally I would lean more to the clear polish option, I might try that out and can give feedback after that.

As far as other bodies go, Tinyfox surely would work in terms of scale, but TF pink and Imomo cream are not a super close match.

Edited by MoiBakaDesu
  • Thanks 1

Ayrell

Thank you for all the info! Do let us know if you try the clear polish option. :) I will also look more into it as well.

rearadmiral

I had good luck with a single layer of washi tape rather than regular clear tape. I then used a little super glue to hold the washi tape to itself at the top. You can also use more super glue on the outside of the tape and file it down for a more precise fit.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Veravey

I still haven't seen Chami show up anywhere, has anyone found her sale page? I really don't want to miss her. 

ftRtwRu9355h.gif.886b75a4e71a6125e1f5c114f2fd2e47.gif

Loveotomy
On 7/24/2024 at 1:06 PM, CK170 said:

They're so cute!!! The eyeliner is so clean that I'm seriously impressed 

Thank you so much!! I used a very tiny brush that was made specifically for Gundam models. It helped a lot!

karvoo
On 7/4/2023 at 11:35 AM, MoiBakaDesu said:

Here are my two boys now! I gave them some body blushing while I was at it.

Sadly they have to be bald for a little while now until their wigs arrive.

20230704_182824.jpg.9b129ff4666da701e9f02f4c4a41e69a.jpg20230704_182848.jpg.eb911a81dff2e472491712fa0d3d1457.jpg

Oh these are so adorable. Love their faceups too, did you do those?

I am interested in attempting body blushing on one of my dolls but I see very little tutorials. I assume just treat it like a faceup but I worry itl wear away super quick due to handling

0bsequi0us
On 8/7/2024 at 2:50 PM, Veravey said:

I still haven't seen Chami show up anywhere, has anyone found her sale page? I really don't want to miss her. 

Blank in-stock Chami heads were sold for 1 day on taobao, but other than that as far as I know there has been no more information at all. 😓 I’m starting to wonder if they’re planning on selling her fullset at all or she was always just meant to be a blank head…

BelliniZinfandel_plasticjester.png.f2531efee3a0885fc0ddeec99e67bff2.png

Pixel art by @PlasticJester !

bandycam
On 8/7/2024 at 9:14 AM, rearadmiral said:

I had good luck with a single layer of washi tape rather than regular clear tape. I then used a little super glue to hold the washi tape to itself at the top. You can also use more super glue on the outside of the tape and file it down for a more precise fit.

So you're not putting any superglue on the doll/joints itself, just on the washitape? (Trying to see if I'm understanding you right, since this might be a method I try in the future....)

CreationOdyssey
Posted (edited)
On 8/7/2024 at 3:50 PM, Veravey said:

She’s been up on both New Clover-Signing and Janesdolland for a couple days now. Also just the head no full body.

Edited by CreationOdyssey
Finish thought

MoiBakaDesu
On 8/16/2024 at 7:31 PM, karvoo said:

Oh these are so adorable. Love their faceups too, did you do those?

I am interested in attempting body blushing on one of my dolls but I see very little tutorials. I assume just treat it like a faceup but I worry itl wear away super quick due to handling

Hehe, thank you! And yes, the faceups are done by me as well!

As for the body blushing, for vinyl it really is simple, just the usual MSC and pastels.

• Like 1

Giragira
Posted (edited)

Got the face up on my imomo Hack-A head. This one was the first one with acrylic, the others I did with gouache.

This is also my first (successful) uv resin eyes I have made myself. I drew the design myself, printed them and then stuck them in resin. I didn't have any white resin so I painted a layer of white in between. Not perfect but I'm so happy I learned a new craft!

20240821_190529.jpg

Edited by Giragira
Spelling error
  • Like 9

Kanime

Hi, not sure if this is the right place to ask but—my GF got the 1/4 imomodoll boy 咪咪狗 body recently and I’m kinda having a hard time finding shoes that fit. Some Volks-made flat shoes that’s labeled MDD size fits it (even with body stocking-socks), but other MSD/MDD shoes made by 3rd party dealers don’t fit at all even without body stocking. As does Azone-made shoes.

I don’t have any MDD so I don’t have the means to check, but I suspect it’s cause Imomo has bigger feet bridge? (My DDP feet is pretty flat in comparison and can wear Azone-made shoes)

Anywho, if anyone knows any shops that sells shoes that could fit Imomo, please let me know! Specifically looking for some flat laced-up boots, but I just want anything that’s not SD-sized shoes at this point🫠

MoiBakaDesu
On 8/26/2024 at 10:31 AM, Kanime said:

Hi, not sure if this is the right place to ask but—my GF got the 1/4 imomodoll boy 咪咪狗 body recently and I’m kinda having a hard time finding shoes that fit. Some Volks-made flat shoes that’s labeled MDD size fits it (even with body stocking-socks), but other MSD/MDD shoes made by 3rd party dealers don’t fit at all even without body stocking. As does Azone-made shoes.

I don’t have any MDD so I don’t have the means to check, but I suspect it’s cause Imomo has bigger feet bridge? (My DDP feet is pretty flat in comparison and can wear Azone-made shoes)

Anywho, if anyone knows any shops that sells shoes that could fit Imomo, please let me know! Specifically looking for some flat laced-up boots, but I just want anything that’s not SD-sized shoes at this point🫠

I have to say, I haven't had any problems yet with any sort of 1/4 shoes on my Imomos yet, all of them 3rd party from Taobao primarily ... to be fair, most of the shoes I own are some sort of sports sneakers, and they usually have a little bit of wiggle room. I'd say something around 6,5x2,5cm inseam should fit?

Also, have there been any news about what is going on with the 1/3 vinyl boys, or is it still worryingly silent regarding that topic? It would be quite sad if they decide to can the project ...

Kanime
1 hour ago, MoiBakaDesu said:

I have to say, I haven't had any problems yet with any sort of 1/4 shoes on my Imomos yet, all of them 3rd party from Taobao primarily ... to be fair, most of the shoes I own are some sort of sports sneakers, and they usually have a little bit of wiggle room. I'd say something around 6,5x2,5cm inseam should fit?

I can’t believe I didn’t think of looking for shoes from Taobao omg (brainfarts do be like that) thank you for this😭🙏 I’ll keep that in mind!

And yeah, I’m also anxiously waiting for the 1/3 vinyl boy news here… Hopefully it’s just that they’re taking their time to do QC and stuffs…

MoiBakaDesu
5 hours ago, Kanime said:

I can’t believe I didn’t think of looking for shoes from Taobao omg (brainfarts do be like that) thank you for this😭🙏 I’ll keep that in mind!

And yeah, I’m also anxiously waiting for the 1/3 vinyl boy news here… Hopefully it’s just that they’re taking their time to do QC and stuffs…

Haha, no problem, glad I was able to give some shopping inspo!

And yeah, like, if it's just for a few photos I could put my Caenis heads on my resin 1/3 bodies, but I would really love to give them their own actual bodies.

Also, I went and played around a bit with a "blank" 1/4 Imomo head after I've seen a very similar faceup on that head that greatly inspired me. I wanted to see how it would turn out primarily with pencil, because I really like the soft gradients that are possible with it, and I think I like that little experiment. (Not the greatest light there, but I didn't want to get my ring light ready for that.)

20240902_181414.jpg.d16780299f6aad0a5f8eb28489469ed8.jpg20240902_193529.jpg.cb30a9b8c2e509fb8f1c2fb13ef7d89e.jpg

• Like 5

PlasticJester

I nabbed a Chami and a Tiamat head to repaint soon! Hoping to actually record my faceup process with these guys. The issue is...I have no idea what kind of faceup to do on them ^^;

• Like 4

592108676_DollGroupPixel.png.059a2d02f02ccb8975d8c8461ef7b1cc.png

startersolls

I don't think I've seen anyone talk about this yet but has anyone tried the mydollection face-up stickers? My didi  head is horribly naked and I'm too exhausted to customise her right now so I was thinking it might be a good option? Any opinions?

PlasticJester
3 hours ago, startersolls said:

I don't think I've seen anyone talk about this yet but has anyone tried the mydollection face-up stickers? My didi  head is horribly naked and I'm too exhausted to customise her right now so I was thinking it might be a good option? Any opinions?

I would heavily recommend against buying anything from MyDollection. They have numerous unfulfilled orders and are known to tell customers items have shipped when they were never ordered. If you want face-up decals, I would recommend Taobao instead!

• Like 3

RozenGermain
20 minutes ago, PlasticJester said:

I would heavily recommend against buying anything from MyDollection. They have numerous unfulfilled orders and are known to tell customers items have shipped when they were never ordered. If you want face-up decals, I would recommend Taobao instead!

Seconded. MyDollection has gotten an increasingly seedy reputation despite being legit. I'm surprised I even got an artist head from them delivered. Though that could just be because it was in stock.

• Like 1

startersolls

16 hours ago, PlasticJester said:

Ah a shame :/. I can't unfortunately order from Taobao because agent costs and customs scare my bank account as a Finn. I'll see if I'll get to actually doing the face myself in a year or two lmao.

I'll see if I'll find any on ali instead from a shop that doesn't sell recasts though thats pretty much impossible (⁠-⁠_⁠-⁠;⁠)

Giragira

You might try printing some off yourself/using a print shop. I'm not sure how available waterside paper is in Finland, but it might be an option. Or on etsy they have print on demand for them/some pre-made sheets. But again I'm not sure how well that works in Finland. 

Matcha

Has anyone sanded down a imomo head? I have a miko head that I was given, but I’m not too much of a fan of the lips part and would like to have it without for the character I’m planning to work on. Since I went from imomo to dollfie, my 1/4 body and head has just been resting in my table since then and would like to do something with her than sell it.

also, is there other alternative sprays I can use besides MSC?

PlasticJester

I haven't sanded down a head, but I have carved and lightly dremeled one before. Their heads are pretty hard and have a decent thickness, I think you'd be able to sand the lips down at least somewhat.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1