Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

uoub

Kemonomimi OC couple

uoub

Hey there! I'm working on dolls of my ocs who are a cat/dog kemonomimi couple. I'm waiting for the imomodoll 75 to come out for Zephyr (my dog girl!) since the proportions/bodytype is perfect. However, I've decided to get to work on my cat girl (Her name is TBD, but I'm thinking Ruomei is cute.)

I've had these OCs for a very very long time (since childhood!) and now I really want to make dolls of them as an adult since they're so special to me and have grown with me. Originally, they were aliens, but I thought it would be nice to make them into kemonomimi for a fresh start and redesign.

spacer.png

I don't have much recent art of their kemonomimi redesigns but this is a good start to show off what they look like a bit.

What it doesn't picture here is Ruomei's new legs- which are digitigrade legs! (Think like an actual cat's legs' joints.)

Here's a quick shotty/chibi visual of what her build is like along with the kitty legs:

spacer.png

She's a bit more on the pudgy/chubby side which is really hard, if not impossible, to portray in a vinyl doll due to what's available on the market atm :(

Here's where the fun comes in!!

I'm a 3d artist (hobbyist, kinda.) and I recently (Just today, actually) ordered a 3d printer along with a flesh-tone resin that, from the looks of it, is at least a good match for the obitsu 50 skintone!! My idea is to not only 3d model her a new bust piece and a fuller abdomen piece, but also create a special foot piece to mimic how a digitigrade cat leg would bend. I'll be using the obitsu 50 skeleton for my frame, and AP H2 thighs for her thighs.

I would also like to 3d print my own heads so they resemble my artstyle.

spacer.png

(Zephyr on the left, Ruomei on the right.)

Here's a quick mockup of my leg idea:

spacer.png

and lastly, the "mechanism" I'll be using for her legs (pre-trimming! I have to shorten a lot of things, but this is how the joints will work.)

spacer.png

I will probably have to print (or fashion) a separate rod that will fit into the "foot" or paw piece at the end so everything connects.

Anyways, all that out of the way, I'm planning on posting future updates here as well for when I start sculpting everything in blender. I hope this doesn't across too overly ambitious lmao! (I say this despite this being incredibly, INCREDIBLY ambitious.)

thanks for reading this far ^^

• Like 13

Kymera

That's awesome! I can't wait to see more of your project!

Owned by: Kitsuko (Fox-face) - DDH-09

uoub
4 hours ago, Kymera said:

That's awesome! I can't wait to see more of your project!

Aw thank you!! I've been working on the head sculpt for Ruomei today, so I'll upload some WIPS later ^^ <3

uoub

SO!! Great news, printer came in, works like a charm, and despite some user errors I got everything working and made my first print! Here is a test print of Ruomei's head!

spacer.png

not 100% happy with my results so I'm doing another print with the supports... not touching the face. I don't know what was going through my head when I was thinking that having them all over the face/eyes would be a good idea, as you can see there's some little divots left from them. 😕

for those interested, here is a comparison image of an obitsu 50 bust and the resin. the color is nearly perfect (slightly more saturated in direct light) but otherwise I didn't have to mix any colors ;__;!!! I used sunlu resin in beige and its a pretty good quality for the price!

spacer.png

• Like 6

dolloramore

Your OCs are super cute! Your sculpt looks great I can't wait to see the faceup applied to it 😊

uoub
1 hour ago, digiv1ce said:

Your OCs are super cute! Your sculpt looks great I can't wait to see the faceup applied to it 😊

aw thank you!!!

Speaking of my sculpt(s), came to realize that despite really enjoying making my own sculpts I kind of enjoyed working with vinyl better... I don't think the printer was a lost cause, because I still plan on using it for Zephyr's head (since she has a very "mature" face shape that might be hard to mod a vinyl head to be like)... but I ordered some DD parts to hybrid onto my ob50 skeleton. I saw on another thread that a twitter user made a "DD grenade" (DDdy parts on a MDD frame) and I'm going to try to create something similar. ;_; I feel a bit silly trashing my prints but they didn't come out perfect anyways haha