Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

ateliervanilla

Smart Doll Tea x Imomodoll 1/4 Tan Hybrid

ateliervanilla

Ever since I received my 1/6 imomodoll tan and saw how it was so close to Smart Doll's tea skintone, I took it upon myself to see if it could be hybridized.

I wasn't too fond of how tall my Chai (OG Chitose) was and wished she was on the 1/4 scale. I went ahead and ordered a 1/4 slim imomodoll tan body. I knew that the Smart Doll neck hole was a bit smaller than a Dollfie head so all it needed was a few seconds on the hair dryer, and the head easily fit in. Now I'm thinking if Smart Doll hands will fit the pegs, too.

20230717_142446.jpg

20230717_210549.jpg

20230717_210629.jpg

• Like 12

Twitter: lostgormotti Instagram: atelier.vanilla Facebook: AtelierVNL

RiverRealms

Your girl is absolutely adorable and now I'm tempted to try my SmD Genesis' head on a 1/4 Imomo body.

Smartdolls are extremely tall so it's good to know there are options. @onion9@

• Like 1

ateliervanilla
10 hours ago, RiverRealms said:

Your girl is absolutely adorable and now I'm tempted to try my SmD Genesis' head on a 1/4 Imomo body.

Smartdolls are extremely tall so it's good to know there are options. @onion9@

Thank you!

Apparently the only Smartdoll skintones that will closely match Imomodoll bodies available are milk and tea.

RiverRealms
19 hours ago, ateliervanilla said:

Thank you!

Apparently the only Smartdoll skintones that will closely match Imomodoll bodies available are milk and tea.

I'm surprised at how well they match. Having collected various tan resin dolls I've seen how different their tans often are and this one looks pretty much perfect

• Like 1

SummerBunny
On 7/17/2023 at 10:37 PM, ateliervanilla said:

Ever since I received my 1/6 imomodoll tan and saw how it was so close to Smart Doll's tea skintone, I took it upon myself to see if it could be hybridized.

I wasn't too fond of how tall my Chai (OG Chitose) was and wished she was on the 1/4 scale. I went ahead and ordered a 1/4 slim imomodoll tan body. I knew that the Smart Doll neck hole was a bit smaller than a Dollfie head so all it needed was a few seconds on the hair dryer, and the head easily fit in. Now I'm thinking if Smart Doll hands will fit the pegs, too.

20230717_142446.jpg

20230717_210549.jpg

20230717_210629.jpg

On 7/17/2023 at 10:37 PM, ateliervanilla said:

20230717_142446.jpg

20230717_210549.jpg

20230717_210629.jpg

Before I go and buy the Imomodoll body. How easy was it to do this? I have never hybrided a doll before. 

Thank you 😊 

Pico8059

Is this the Imomo chocolate skintone? Cause if it is my Monday may be stealing my incoming body. 🤩

The dollies have my wallet!

ateliervanilla
10 hours ago, Pico8059 said:

Is this the Imomo chocolate skintone? Cause if it is my Monday may be stealing my incoming body. 🤩

Yes! It's the chocolate skintone.

• Like 1

ateliervanilla
On 9/21/2023 at 11:04 PM, SummerBunny said:

Before I go and buy the Imomodoll body. How easy was it to do this? I have never hybrided a doll before. 

Thank you 😊

The Smart Doll's neck hole is a little small, so I had to apply heat on it using a hair dryer for a few seconds. Then I put a silicone kip or ring on the neck peg before I slid the head on. The ring is optional, but I put it on just so that the head is not pushed all the way down. It's a personal preference. 

Gugu
On 10/15/2023 at 7:48 AM, Pico8059 said:

Sorry to revamp this, did you try this? I’m thinking to do the same but would to love to see pics if you did it to see how it looks like! 😊

Pico8059
4 hours ago, Gugu said:

Sorry to revamp this, did you try this? I’m thinking to do the same but would to love to see pics if you did it to see how it looks like! 😊

I'm still waiting for the full set doll whose body I plan to use to test this to arrive but I will post an update once I get a chance. :)

The dollies have my wallet!

RozenGermain
1 hour ago, Pico8059 said:

I'm still waiting for the full set doll whose body I plan to use to test this to arrive but I will post an update once I get a chance. :)

Can't wait to see it! Even if Danny will never release 1/4 SmDs we can do 1/4 ones ourselves! By the power of hybridizing!!!!

• Haha 1

RiverRealms
12 hours ago, Gugu said:

Funnily enough I just got my imomo body the other day and was planning on updating this thread. 

The peg on the SmD is a bit shorter and not as thick. Getting the head on without using a hairdryer was not possible for me, so I can't post pics of that until I borrow one. 

(All photos at the end because I can't get them to cooperate from my phone) 

Even though the bodies look like they have similar hip width the imomo girl is a bit flat on the rear whereas SmD are quite well rounded, so imomo can't borrow big sis' shorts without looking a bit silly (and risk them falling down if she's not careful standing up)

I was wondering if foot swapping was an option and the answer is unfortunately no, not without modification or maybe one could 3D print some connector pegs. The imomo body has super long and thick foot pegs so the SmD feet barely reach the rod they should connect to and fall right back out. 

I also plan to test hand compatibility but I couldn't get the imomo girl's hands of and figured I'd wait and try again once I get a hold of a hairdryer.

IMG_20231108_062445877.jpg

IMG_20231108_062745800.jpg

IMG_20231108_062943118.jpg

• Like 3

RiverRealms

I borrowed a hairdryer and here she is: SmD semi real Genesis Tea on an imomo body (in her oversized SmD clothes)

3jEDPk.jpg

Her left hand in the photo is a SmD hand, which is why it looks a bit odd. While the hands are very similar in size the wrist joints are quite different. It could possibly work with som light modification, but not right out of the box.

Comparison: imomo on the left SmD on the right

F3Qxwc.jpg

I did not use a silicone ring on the neck like @ateliervanilla did and I don't know how it would've affected the look/feel of my girl if I had. Here is a look at what she looks like where head and neck meet.

WNbYmU.jpg

Things I've noted about this hybrid: removing the head is obviously harder and personally I'll probably avoid trying to for things like redressing her. In general I find the imomo parts harder to remove than the SmD parts, especially the hands were uncooperative at first, but my experience with vinyl dolls is limited to my SmD Genesis and the imomo 1/4 body, so it could just be that I'm not used to yanking them apart yet.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

RiverRealms

In case someone stumbles upon this thread in the future I just want to add that if one decides to go back to the SmD body after having the SmD head on the Imomo body for a while, the head will be VERY loose. It looks and poses fine but it's loose enough that it will slide right off if gravity doesn't help keep it in place.

Oculae

Yep, I've seen this happen with DD heads on this body as well. Unless you cracked the neck hole, the head will regain some of its original tightness if you warm up the neck hole and just let it sit for a few days. Making the vinyl pliable again with heat will help it spring back to its original shape.

This only works well if the head hasn't been sitting on the body too long, though, so keep that in mind!

tumblr_o9govtKpFv1v9twgko1_400.gif.eae368d3c0bfc2a75087167170705ec2.gifPlease ping me when replying!