Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

DollsnBooks

Dream Fairy?

DollsnBooks
Monty

Dreamfairy is a bootleg brand, I wouldn’t support them and I’m pretty disappointed seeing them on this forum… Past releases are outright recasts of resin dolls and the newer ones seem to be a mishmash of 3D scanned parts knocking off brands like Tinyfox and Puyoodoll. (Honestly even some of the aliexpress listings for these dolls outright say ‘lala ruru egg’!(these are all Puyoo sculpt names).
With how many affordable cute dolls there are nowadays like Tinyfox and Imomodoll, there’s no reason to support suspect companies like this.

Edited by Monty
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 5

BeyondTime

The consensus in the community seems to be that they recast their heads and some of their hands, so I'm inclined to think this brand should be regarded as recast and not allowed on the forum. 

The only real debate seems to be over their status as bjds in the first place, even in the DD SmD sense of bjd, but I don't think that's really important. The whole thing about recasts is theft of IP, and theft of IP is always wrong and shouldn't be condoned here. 

Unless someone can establish otherwise, I'm going to lock the thread. 

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

DollsnBooks

Bummer! Sorry about that. The vid I watched specified that they weren't recasts, so I was hopeful that they were legit. But obviously you can't believe everything out there. 😛 Thanks for the info, everyone!

BeyondTime
42 minutes ago, DollsnBooks said:

Bummer! Sorry about that. The vid I watched specified that they weren't recasts, so I was hopeful that they were legit. But obviously you can't believe everything out there. 😛 Thanks for the info, everyone!

It sounded like you didn't know, so don't worry about it.

I think the wording about recasts in 'The Guidelines' is a bit unclear. I don't think it's an issue to ask if a maker recasts, or to warn people about a maker recasting. I believe the guidelines are meant to forbid posts that condone advertise or otherwise enable recasting or the pro-recast side of the hobby. Posts that help people avoid buying recasts are good, and post that help/encourage people participate in recasting are bad; that's just my own two cents on the subject.

• Like 3

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction