Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

bloodpine

Questions about PiccoNeemo P!

bloodpine

Hello! I'm new to this forum and the hobby in general, I recently got my hands on some Lil Fairies by Azone and have fallen in love with them.

I just came back from a trip to Japan and stopped by the Azone shop in Akihabara, where I picked up a PiccoNeemo P body and some clothes/accessories in hopes that I could put a custom doll together, but I have some questions. If anyone can help me out, I'd really appreciate it!

1. What heads are compatible with the PiccoNeemo P body? I picked up the "Picco Neemo Mini Head" but I was wondering if the heads used on the Sugar Cups dolls (with the eye holes and wig caps) are sold anywhere? Kind of like this. If not, is there anything similar? I'm partial to 3D eyes as opposed to decals, if possible.

2. What are the best places to buy clothes in Picco Neemo P size? I can think of Hobby Search and Amiami, but I'm wondering if I made a mistake by not picking up more when I was in Japan. Or could I dress a P sized doll in D clothes (or anything 1/12) just as well?

Thanks!

battrastard

Hi! Welcome to the account-draining insanity of Smol and cute! I picked up some of the Lil' Fairy kiddos a few years ago.

In the above link, you can see the size difference (last few pics) between the newer P bodies, and the others. Not realllly sure of whether they're M or D sized. 

But, there's a big difference between them and the P bodies! 

I picked up the majority of mine thru Amiami.com. Just type Lil' Fairy or Picco Neemo in the search. 

Have a great time with your lil ones!! 

Rick

"Madness takes it's toll, Please have exact change!"

ragnamuffin
4 hours ago, bloodpine said:

Hello! I'm new to this forum and the hobby in general, I recently got my hands on some Lil Fairies by Azone and have fallen in love with them.

I just came back from a trip to Japan and stopped by the Azone shop in Akihabara, where I picked up a PiccoNeemo P body and some clothes/accessories in hopes that I could put a custom doll together, but I have some questions. If anyone can help me out, I'd really appreciate it!

1. What heads are compatible with the PiccoNeemo P body? I picked up the "Picco Neemo Mini Head" but I was wondering if the heads used on the Sugar Cups dolls (with the eye holes and wig caps) are sold anywhere? Kind of like this. If not, is there anything similar? I'm partial to 3D eyes as opposed to decals, if possible.

2. What are the best places to buy clothes in Picco Neemo P size? I can think of Hobby Search and Amiami, but I'm wondering if I made a mistake by not picking up more when I was in Japan. Or could I dress a P sized doll in D clothes (or anything 1/12) just as well?

Thanks!

Hello and welcome to the forums. Welcome also to the hobby and prepare to have your bank account drained, as @battrastard mentioned 💀

To answer your questions:

1. The Picco P head with eye holes in the pic you linked is actually a resin cast head by Out of Base (called OB heads). You may or may not have seen them at the Azone Labelshop as they sell them there too, but the easiest way to get your hands on one is through Booth.pm. You can buy them through Out of Base’s official store DONO-RE SHOP or through Manga Art.

The Sugar Cups head might be a proprietary head made specifically for Azone, not sure, but the Hakase, Otoko and Taisa (my personal favourite) heads are a close match imo.

2. Azone seems to be gearing up to sell internationally through Azonet, but for now AmiAmi and Hobby Search seem to be the best places to get Azone products from outside of Japan. You can also try Fabric Friends and Dolls in the US and Tasina in Canada.

Azone is pretty good about making clothes that fit different kinds of bodies in the same scale. They usually include a legend with each piece of clothing that you can refer to for a vague idea of how it will fit. In general, the P body can wear clothes for the D body, but not clothes specifically for the Assault Lily line (S/M/L/LL bodies). Shoes and socks are also incompatible. Picco D clothes will look a bit oversized, so Sugary Couture and other clothes specifically for the P body will look best, but the line is still new so the selection isn’t as varied (although the designs are much nicer than Azone’s normal offerings in that scale).

Edited by ragnamuffin
  • Like 2

bloodpine

Thanks so much to both of you for your replies! This has already helped a lot! ^^ Whew. I'm learning a lot, lol.

12 hours ago, ragnamuffin said:

Hello and welcome to the forums. Welcome also to the hobby and prepare to have your bank account drained, as @battrastard mentioned 💀

To answer your questions:

1. The Picco P head with eye holes in the pic you linked is actually a resin cast head by Out of Base (called OB heads). You may or may not have seen them at the Azone Labelshop as they sell them there too, but the easiest way to get your hands on one is through Booth.pm. You can buy them through Out of Base’s official store DONO-RE SHOP or through Manga Art.

The Sugar Cups head might be a proprietary head made specifically for Azone, not sure, but the Hakase, Otoko and Taisa (my personal favourite) heads are a close match imo.

2. Azone seems to be gearing up to sell internationally through Azonet, but for now AmiAmi and Hobby Search seem to be the best places to get Azone products from outside of Japan. You can also try Fabric Friends and Dolls in the US and Tasina in Canada.

Azone is pretty good about making clothes that fit different kinds of bodies in the same scale. They usually include a legend with each piece of clothing that you can refer to for a vague idea of how it will fit. In general, the P body can wear clothes for the D body, but not clothes specifically for the Assault Lily line (S/M/L/LL bodies). Shoes and socks are also incompatible. Picco D clothes will look a bit oversized, so Sugary Couture and other clothes specifically for the P body will look best, but the line is still new so the selection isn’t as varied (although the designs are much nicer than Azone’s normal offerings in that scale).

I feel so silly reading this, because the Azone shop in Akihabara totally did have the OB heads but I wasn't sure if they were compatible or not at the time. Durr. Will make sure to pick one up from booth asap!

Which brings me to my next few questions about customizing the head (forgive me, it's hard to find information on this hobby in English anywhere lol):

1. Where can I get wigs from, and what "kind" of wigs will fit the OB head? Furthermore... are there any resources on how to cut or style the hair? 😅 Maybe these are silly questions, but I'd really like to have a doll with green hair. I haven't seen any on twitter with that hair color, so I'm not sure how easy it is to find something like that.

2. Regarding customizing the face... how does adding blush work? And I imagine adding a mouth is probably a waterslide decal like the ones on the sheet I bought in Japan -- unless I'm wrong?

3. What eyeballs are compatible with the OB head? Is there a standard, or is it as simple as just searching online for OB compatible eyes? 😛

For what it's worth, I do follow tons of doll accounts on Twitter and am starting to get a feel for how to navigate them, but I'm still maybe only 30-40% sure of what I'm looking at most of the time. Are most people maybe just customizing their moe-styled dolls with item "drops" from these independent sellers that post on Twitter?

Thanks again!

ragnamuffin
3 hours ago, bloodpine said:

1. Where can I get wigs from, and what "kind" of wigs will fit the OB head? Furthermore... are there any resources on how to cut or style the hair? 😅 Maybe these are silly questions, but I'd really like to have a doll with green hair. I haven't seen any on twitter with that hair color, so I'm not sure how easy it is to find something like that.

Any 4 or 4.5 inch wig should work. You might be able to get away with a 5 inch wig if you don’t mind the oversized look (I did that with one of my custom ob11s because I loved the design and that was the smallest size they had—it took a bit of time to get used to, but I like the way it looks now).

Dollce is probably the go-to store for tiny doll wigs. They offer a large variety of styles in different colours. You can also find some on Booth—I’m partial to Hime Ringo + Alice in particular.

If you find the wig shifts around a lot, you can buy a small silicone wig cap to keep it in place. Dolk sells them, but I’m pretty sure they source them from the same Chinese factory everyone on Etsy does, so you can probably find them stateside if you look.

For styling, I’m not sure since I’m terrible with hair so I just try to buy them pre-styled 😅

2. Regarding customizing the face... how does adding blush work? And I imagine adding a mouth is probably a waterslide decal like the ones on the sheet I bought in Japan -- unless I'm wrong?

You can draw and/or paint the eyes and mouth if you want. There are some discussions on that in the Workshop section of the forum. Blush is usually finely chopped pastel in pink, red or orange, applied with a small makeup brush.

The OB heads from Out of Base should come with water decals for the eyes and mouths now (the decals are new as of this past summer so older stock won’t come with them). There was a thread recently on applying them here.

Heads from other artists, like Cohullen-druith or Larimar, don’t usually come with decals.

The other option is to commission someone to draw the faceup or to buy/win a custom head. You can find listings for pre-painted heads on Booth, Mercari and Yahoo Japan Auctions (YJA).

3. What eyeballs are compatible with the OB head? Is there a standard, or is it as simple as just searching online for OB compatible eyes? 😛

Normally 8mm eyes, sometimes 10mm if the eyeholes are big enough. The artist will usually list compatible sizes in the listing, so read that if you’re unsure.

Again, Dollce has a nice selection of eyes in that size, but you can also find tons on Booth. For example:

Aries lab

Cohullen-druith

Kachirika

koinotei

tea cotton

Are most people maybe just customizing their moe-styled dolls with item "drops" from these independent sellers that post on Twitter?

Mostly, yes. These independent sellers are called “dealers” and most of them don’t sell outside of Japan, but you can sometimes find their stuff secondhand on Dollyteria.

Idk if Nendodoll clothing fits the Picco P body, but if it does you should have no trouble finding clothes that fit off Booth and Taobao. Just search ob11 (which is short for Obitsu 11cm, the general size of this scale of doll).

• Like 1

bloodpine
2 hours ago, ragnamuffin said:

Any 4 or 4.5 inch wig should work. You might be able to get away with a 5 inch wig if you don’t mind the oversized look (I did that with one of my custom ob11s because I loved the design and that was the smallest size they had—it took a bit of time to get used to, but I like the way it looks now).

Dollce is probably the go-to store for tiny doll wigs. They offer a large variety of styles in different colours. You can also find some on Booth—I’m partial to Hime Ringo + Alice in particular.

If you find the wig shifts around a lot, you can buy a small silicone wig cap to keep it in place. Dolk sells them, but I’m pretty sure they source them from the same Chinese factory everyone on Etsy does, so you can probably find them stateside if you look.

For styling, I’m not sure since I’m terrible with hair so I just try to buy them pre-styled 😅

You can draw and/or paint the eyes and mouth if you want. There are some discussions on that in the Workshop section of the forum. Blush is usually finely chopped pastel in pink, red or orange, applied with a small makeup brush.

The OB heads from Out of Base should come with water decals for the eyes and mouths now (the decals are new as of this past summer so older stock won’t come with them). There was a thread recently on applying them here.

Heads from other artists, like Cohullen-druith or Larimar, don’t usually come with decals.

The other option is to commission someone to draw the faceup or to buy/win a custom head. You can find listings for pre-painted heads on Booth, Mercari and Yahoo Japan Auctions (YJA).

Normally 8mm eyes, sometimes 10mm if the eyeholes are big enough. The artist will usually list compatible sizes in the listing, so read that if you’re unsure.

Again, Dollce has a nice selection of eyes in that size, but you can also find tons on Booth. For example:

Aries lab

Cohullen-druith

Kachirika

koinotei

tea cotton

Mostly, yes. These independent sellers are called “dealers” and most of them don’t sell outside of Japan, but you can sometimes find their stuff secondhand on Dollyteria.

Idk if Nendodoll clothing fits the Picco P body, but if it does you should have no trouble finding clothes that fit off Booth and Taobao. Just search ob11 (which is short for Obitsu 11cm, the general size of this scale of doll).

Thanks so much for your detailed comment! I went ahead and put in an order for an OB head, wig, 8mm eyes, and silicone cap. I'm sure it'll take some time for it all to arrive, but I'm excited! RIP my wallet lol, and this is just the beginning I suppose.

Looking through the wigs alone was overwhelming. I will be learning how to navigate booth to find more doll items in this size 👀

Seriously though, I can't thank you enough. I've been wanting to break into this hobby for literal years after seeing these dolls on Twitter for such a long time, but it's been hard to extrapolate useful information since so much of it is in Japanese! I'll def be poking around on this forum quite a bit more from here on out!

• Like 1

ragnamuffin
2 hours ago, bloodpine said:

Thanks so much for your detailed comment! I went ahead and put in an order for an OB head, wig, 8mm eyes, and silicone cap. I'm sure it'll take some time for it all to arrive, but I'm excited! RIP my wallet lol, and this is just the beginning I suppose.

Looking through the wigs alone was overwhelming. I will be learning how to navigate booth to find more doll items in this size 👀

Seriously though, I can't thank you enough. I've been wanting to break into this hobby for literal years after seeing these dolls on Twitter for such a long time, but it's been hard to extrapolate useful information since so much of it is in Japanese! I'll def be poking around on this forum quite a bit more from here on out!

Glad I could help. Out of curiosity, which head, wig and eyes did you get? 👀 

Some helpful terms for searching in Japanese are:

- カスタムヘッド (custom head)

- 4インチウィッグ (4-inch wig)

- 8mm アイ (8mm eye)

- ob11服 (ob11 clothing)

The search engine catches all words and often displays stuff in other sizes, so be sure to double-check that it’s what you’re looking for before purchasing.

I can’t believe I forgot to mention Mimiel for wigs and clothes, and Blue Rose Garden for heads (she also sells eyes on her FC2 Cart, but idk if she ships internationally).

There’s also Parabox which, like Dollce, sells a bit of everything.

Finally, I just found out about these, but Morumyushi puts out some really unique and eccentric heads 😂 

Edited by ragnamuffin
  • Like 1

bloodpine
15 hours ago, ragnamuffin said:

Glad I could help. Out of curiosity, which head, wig and eyes did you get? 👀 

Some helpful terms for searching in Japanese are:

- カスタムヘッド (custom head)

- 4インチウィッグ (4-inch wig)

- 8mm アイ (8mm eye)

- ob11服 (ob11 clothing)

The search engine catches all words and often displays stuff in other sizes, so be sure to double-check that it’s what you’re looking for before purchasing.

I can’t believe I forgot to mention Mimiel for wigs and clothes, and Blue Rose Garden for heads (she also sells eyes on her FC2 Cart, but idk if she ships internationally).

There’s also Parabox which, like Dollce, sells a bit of everything.

Finally, I just found out about these, but Morumyushi puts out some really unique and eccentric heads 😂 

I got an Otoko OB head, this wig from Dollce, and these resin eyes ^_^ I can't wait for them to come in! As a quick question, is there any special technique to putting the eyes in, or is it as simple as popping them into the sockets? (lol)

Those search terms are very helpful! Thanks for the extra links as well and lol, those Morumyushi heads are very interesting hahaha!

ragnamuffin
1 hour ago, bloodpine said:

I got an Otoko OB head, this wig from Dollce, and these resin eyes ^_^ I can't wait for them to come in! As a quick question, is there any special technique to putting the eyes in, or is it as simple as popping them into the sockets? (lol)

Those search terms are very helpful! Thanks for the extra links as well and lol, those Morumyushi heads are very interesting hahaha!

Congrats! Looking forward to seeing the completed doll, if you feel like sharing.

For the eyes, they don’t stay in the sockets on their own. You have to affix them with putty behind the eyes, and you should use Blu-Tack specifically. Other putties have oils in them that ruin the resin, which unfortunately happened to me with Cohullen-druith eyes in particular, so be very careful!

bloodpine
5 hours ago, ragnamuffin said:

Congrats! Looking forward to seeing the completed doll, if you feel like sharing.

For the eyes, they don’t stay in the sockets on their own. You have to affix them with putty behind the eyes, and you should use Blu-Tack specifically. Other putties have oils in them that ruin the resin, which unfortunately happened to me with Cohullen-druith eyes in particular, so be very careful!

I'll definitely be sharing her here when the time comes! More than likely though, I'll be asking for help with something. : P

Glad I asked about the eyes, I'll get some of that Blu-Tack on order!

bloodpine

@ragnamuffin Hello! Coming back a little while later to say my parts have mostly come in (just waiting on the silicone wig cap) but I was wondering about applying blush 😛 I've found some tutorials on putting it on the face (dabbing with a makeup brush, etc), but I'm not super familiar with makeup in general so I'm not sure what product to buy. Would something like this be sufficient? Also, how easy does it come off -- if I make a mistake applying it, would it be hard to do it over?

ragnamuffin

@ragnamuffin Hello! Coming back a little while later to say my parts have mostly come in (just waiting on the silicone wig cap) but I was wondering about applying blush 😛 I've found some tutorials on putting it on the face (dabbing with a makeup brush, etc), but I'm not super familiar with makeup in general so I'm not sure what product to buy. Would something like this be sufficient? Also, how easy does it come off -- if I make a mistake applying it, would it be hard to do it over?

I wouldn’t use actual blush for humans. Usually people use chalk pastels, which you should finely grate into dust/powder and apply using a fresh makeup brush. I’ve only done a faceup once at Parabox, and that was using materials they provided so I’m not sure exactly which brands you could use, but I found this suggestion here:

Soft ("chalk") pastels. I personally like Panpastels, and also use Rembrandt and Schminke. Cheap ones like Artist's Loft or Master's Touch have a higher proportion of binder to pigment than Rembrandt (soft) and Schminke (softer); Panpastels have effectively no binder at all.

Blush is usually the first thing to fade off dolls, even after being sealed, so I’m pretty sure you can wipe it off with a tissue anytime before sealing it, just be careful not to ruin the rest of the faceup. And of course try not to touch the face anymore after you’ve got it to your liking.

PolitelyNefarious
20 hours ago, bloodpine said:

Gonna echo Ragnamuffin and say that using human makeup products is a bad idea; they are full of oils to help the pigments cling to the skin, and oils also like to cling to vinyl and other toy materials. They will stain. Period. They won't wipe off later the way that pre-sealed pastels will.

I'll also echo getting good quality chalk pastels. I've used a cheap set for the last fourteen years, but you really have to work to get the most out of them, while PanPastels in particular are rich and vibrant right out of the container. Once again, be sure to avoid oil pastels. Chalk works best for what you want.

The secret to chalk is that it can be great for other things. Most people use it for eyeshadow, shading, and lips as well, although on a smaller scale girl like Picconeemo, you're probably doing most of that with pencils.

I am also looking forward to seeing you assemble your little one. The fashion-scale dolls and smaller are fun sizes to work with; they have their own benefits.

Edited by PolitelyNefarious

1541664063_324SigUpdate(1).jpg.0e6f96def94bd21c61f91356e0bc8f92.jpg 855019605_DeletelaterSmol.jpg.136e5d245c2328488f8736543aceb78d.jpg

bloodpine

Thanks for the advice, both of you! ^^ I really appreciate it.

I'm looking at a set of brushes and this Panpastel, will this work? Just want to make sure I'm buying the right thing! Forgive me, I didn't have much knowledge with pastels and makeup until now. Been mostly a digital 'artist' until now I guess. I'm not even sure if what I'll be doing with this doll is much of a faceup really, I plan on just applying the decals that came with the OB head and then putting on some soft blush (will try my best to just mimic what's on the Sugar Cups' faces if I can).

5 hours ago, PolitelyNefarious said:

I am also looking forward to seeing you assemble your little one. The fashion-scale dolls and smaller are fun sizes to work with; they have their own benefits

Thanks so much! I'm excited to post her here once the ball gets rolling. ^^ I decided to start with a 1/12 to learn about the process (starting small) but I do want to eventually move to a bigger doll. Tinyfox builds are cute... 👀

EDIT: Fell down the rabbithole a little bit and also discovered Tamiya weathering sets, any thoughts or experience with these? =P Just curious.

Edited by bloodpine
  • Like 1

ragnamuffin

I'm looking at a set of brushes and this Panpastel, will this work?

When I did my faceup lesson at Parabox, we used stick pastels, but PanPastel seems to come highly recommended and it saves you the trouble of shaving it into a fine dust.

Before applying it, dab off any excess pastel (from the brush) onto a tissue first. It’s better to start off light and then add more as needed as opposed to rubbing it off and restarting if you don’t like it.

Fell down the rabbithole a little bit and also discovered Tamiya weathering sets, any thoughts or experience with these?

I don’t, but Tamiya is pretty much the go-to brand for painting figures in Japan. Not sure if they’re used for faceups though.

• Like 1

MoiBakaDesu

Thanks for the advice, both of you! ^^ I really appreciate it.

I'm looking at a set of brushes and this Panpastel, will this work? Just want to make sure I'm buying the right thing! Forgive me, I didn't have much knowledge with pastels and makeup until now. Been mostly a digital 'artist' until now I guess. I'm not even sure if what I'll be doing with this doll is much of a faceup really, I plan on just applying the decals that came with the OB head and then putting on some soft blush (will try my best to just mimic what's on the Sugar Cups' faces if I can).

I would definitly recommend a different color from PanPastel though if you want a shade of pink for applying blushing, that magenta will turn out WAY too saturated.

bloodpine
6 hours ago, ragnamuffin said:

When I did my faceup lesson at Parabox, we used stick pastels, but PanPastel seems to come highly recommended and it saves you the trouble of shaving it into a fine dust.

Before applying it, dab off any excess pastel (from the brush) onto a tissue first. It’s better to start off light and then add more as needed as opposed to rubbing it off and restarting if you don’t like it.

I don’t, but Tamiya is pretty much the go-to brand for painting figures in Japan. Not sure if they’re used for faceups though.

Got it! I'll give the PanPastel a try.

5 hours ago, MoiBakaDesu said:

I would definitly recommend a different color from PanPastel though if you want a shade of pink for applying blushing, that magenta will turn out WAY too saturated.

What color would you recommend? Maybe this lighter magenta tint?

MoiBakaDesu
13 hours ago, bloodpine said:

Got it! I'll give the PanPastel a try.

What color would you recommend? Maybe this lighter magenta tint?

That could work, yeah! Personally I like blush with a bit of a more peach/red in it sometimes depending on the character I do, so it is also just a bit of matter of preference as well.

• Like 1

ragnamuffin
1 hour ago, MoiBakaDesu said:

Personally I like blush with a bit of a more peach/red in it

Seconding this. Red will appear pinkish as long as you’re not putting too much on at once. For the Sugar Cups you linked, I think Pearlescent Red is a better match to the colouring on her cheeks.

• Like 1

bloodpine

Thanks for your feedback @MoiBakaDesu and @ragnamuffin. I went ahead and got the Pearlescent Red PanPastel on order along with some brushes and cotton gloves 👀 Excited to put her together!

• Like 2

bloodpine

@ragnamuffin (or anyone else who sees this) -- Coming back with a question!

I was deburring the head today preparing to put on waterslide decals but noticed the OB11 head came with magnets to attach the two halves together. Upon a quick Japanese Twitter search it seems like you're meant to glue the magnets into the holes on the head parts (and the polarity matters). My pedantic question is, what kind of glue should I be using for this? Just making sure in case there are certain glues that might damage or stain the OB11 head material... I do have some Tamiya Cement on hand, fwiw.

Edited by bloodpine

ragnamuffin
43 minutes ago, bloodpine said:

@ragnamuffin (or anyone else who sees this) -- Coming back with a question!

I was deburring the head today preparing to put on waterslide decals but noticed the OB11 head came with magnets to attach the two halves together. Upon a quick Japanese Twitter search it seems like you're meant to glue the magnets into the holes on the head parts (and the polarity matters). My pedantic question is, what kind of glue should I be using for this? Just making sure in case there are certain glues that might damage or stain the OB11 head material... I do have some Tamiya Cement on hand, fwiw.

The recommended glue is called 瞬時接着剤 in Japanese (if you want to order some from Japan), but I’m not sure of the exact name in English. It seems to translate to instant adhesive or super glue.

@XOHimitsuOX does a lot of resin work and may know which particular glue is best to affix magnets to resin.

I would put a very small amount on a toothpick, put a drop or two into the holes and affix the magnets right away because this stuff dries in seconds.

Out of Base made a Twitter post about what to do if you screw up the polarity, but the sealant remover damages the resin and you have to remove the magnets with a knife, so only do this on the cap if you have to (the Japanese says not to do this on the actual head, but the machine translation screws this part up).

bloodpine
11 minutes ago, ragnamuffin said:

The recommended glue is called 瞬時接着剤 in Japanese (if you want to order some from Japan), but I’m not sure of the exact name in English. It seems to translate to instant adhesive or super glue.

@XOHimitsuOX does a lot of resin work and may know which particular glue is best to affix magnets to resin.

I would put a very small amount on a toothpick, put a drop or two into the holes and affix the magnets right away because this stuff dries in seconds.

Out of Base made a Twitter post about what to do if you screw up the polarity, but the sealant remover damages the resin and you have to remove the magnets with a knife, so only do this on the cap if you have to (the Japanese says not to do this on the actual head, but the machine translation screws this part up).

So, I actually ended up just risking it and trying superglue (saw people on Twitter saying they used this) and it worked!

Only one thing though, I messed up the one thing you're not supposed to =_= I glued the magnets in backwards. And I've been trying to pry them out using that Twitter post as a guide but it's not working for whatever reason (maybe my sealant remover is no good? I just have Duck brand adhesive remover on hand). Super frustrating. I'm sure it can be salvaged but I'm tempted to just get some spare heads on order ;_; lol.

Edited by bloodpine
  • Sad 2

ragnamuffin

Oh noooo! How long has it been? Tbf it does say you have to do it right away, and you have to try to “leak” the remover in around the edges. Maybe in a last ditch effort (if you don’t mind potentially ruining the cap) you could soak it in the solution for a minute or two?

bloodpine
34 minutes ago, ragnamuffin said:

Oh noooo! How long has it been? Tbf it does say you have to do it right away, and you have to try to “leak” the remover in around the edges. Maybe in a last ditch effort (if you don’t mind potentially ruining the cap) you could soak it in the solution for a minute or two?

Whew! So I was fully prepared to be like "I'm giving up and buying a new head" but the Loctite website said (of all things) to use skin moisturizer on plastic to remove superglue... so I grabbed a tub of Cerave from the bathroom and dipped the cap in it and the magnet came right out! Lmao. I've since glued them all in correctly and amazingly the cap wasn't even really damaged from all the mucking around I did with that adhesive remover/knife... so that's a relief. Onto the decals and blush now 😛