Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Starwaia

Best place to find OB11 bodies?

Starwaia

Hey all. I had this plan to get bodies for my nendoroids, and after looking at different body options, the Obitsu 11cm ones seem like they would work best for me, but I'm wondering where the best place to look for them is? I remember Junkyspot used to sell a lot of Obitsu stuff but upon looking at their site the dealer seems kind of, defunct? Anyway, no obitsu bodies in stock there. I was also told aliexpress is a good option for cheap ones but given the prevalence of counterfeit dolls on there it would be helpful to know if there are any specific sellers that are better than others? I've never used aliexpress but I'm sure there are tutorials out there, I'd just like to make sure it'll be worth it.

I suppose there is also the option to order direct from Parabox, but last time I looked, the shipping was A Lot.

Anyone have any advice on where the best places to shop are? I suppose it doesn't matter *that* much if it's a little more expensive for the sake of ensuring I get a legit product, but I'm a little lost since the last time I looked for Obitsu stuff was when I could just order in stock stuff from JS, which was, frankly, a long time ago.

Currently watching BNHA, 1-2 episodes behind on the anime rn and absolutely obsessed! (being in a fandom late has made dodging spoilers an issue tho :()

More into Nendoroids and my resin BJDs rn- including some BNHA character shells hehehe :)- my Smartdolls are boxed up at the moment but I'm still happy to talk dolls and doll plans!

ragnamuffin

Probably Hobby Search. They have ob11 bodies and Nendoroid Doll bodies (which is probably the better choice for you if you’re using Nendoroid heads).

I would not use AliExpress to source any Japanese brands if you want them to be legit.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

MoiBakaDesu
3 hours ago, Starwaia said:

Hey all. I had this plan to get bodies for my nendoroids, and after looking at different body options, the Obitsu 11cm ones seem like they would work best for me, but I'm wondering where the best place to look for them is? I remember Junkyspot used to sell a lot of Obitsu stuff but upon looking at their site the dealer seems kind of, defunct? Anyway, no obitsu bodies in stock there. I was also told aliexpress is a good option for cheap ones but given the prevalence of counterfeit dolls on there it would be helpful to know if there are any specific sellers that are better than others? I've never used aliexpress but I'm sure there are tutorials out there, I'd just like to make sure it'll be worth it.

I suppose there is also the option to order direct from Parabox, but last time I looked, the shipping was A Lot.

Anyone have any advice on where the best places to shop are? I suppose it doesn't matter *that* much if it's a little more expensive for the sake of ensuring I get a legit product, but I'm a little lost since the last time I looked for Obitsu stuff was when I could just order in stock stuff from JS, which was, frankly, a long time ago.

I can also recommend the YMY gen 2 bodies if you are looking for a 1/12 body that is compatible with Nendoroid head parts. Personally I like it more than the OB11 one.

• Like 1

Tasuke

YMY Gen II looks Fantastic with Nendo heads, YMMV;

Rose_-_YMY_Body_11-16-23.png?width=1920&

Edited by Tasuke

2020164095_ANightatKonomi12-18-23550px.Horizont..png.35eaba54e8b03fbe6a7f7cd252209e94.png

Monty

Just a heads up that YMY have been busted for illegally copying the Piccodo9 for their first gen bodies (as in a court case that Piccodo won), and while they did change the bodies (slightly)for gen2, it seems they haven’t really changed their ways as they’re selling recasted nendo hair parts on taobao. I know not everyone here cares about stuff like that, but just putting it out there for those who do. It’s why I personally can’t and won’t support YMY unless I see any evidence they’re stopping recasting for good.

• Like 4

MoiBakaDesu

Oh, that's very disappointing to hear, because they have been the brand that I liked the most so far in terms of quality and looks when it comes to 1/12 MJDs ...

Although when it comes to stringed dolls in that scale there are plenty I like even more, like the UFdoll one for example.

Tasuke

Too Bad about that... as no one else's 11cm. bodies seem to look half as good as these current YMYs.

in fact, they suit the GS Nendo so very well, that it would be nice to see GS shift their Nendo Doll line

over to a similar sort of body... or, at least, offer such a thing as an accessory/upgrade...

2020164095_ANightatKonomi12-18-23550px.Horizont..png.35eaba54e8b03fbe6a7f7cd252209e94.png

Starwaia
On 11/16/2023 at 3:22 AM, ragnamuffin said:

Probably Hobby Search. They have ob11 bodies and Nendoroid Doll bodies (which is probably the better choice for you if you’re using Nendoroid heads).

I would not use AliExpress to source any Japanese brands if you want them to be legit.

Thanks for the link! I prefer the look of the ob11 though I know I'd need to do a bit of work to get them to work with Nendoroid heads (from the tutorial I found, it's a bit of surgery on the body to replace the neck piece- which I'd also need to get- and no damage or anything to the head, but it doesn't look too hard imo). The Nendoroid doll bodies don't look as poseable tbh and I'd rather do the customization work- I have an obitsu 27cm body I never did anything with but I was impressed with the posability, and so I'm pretty much sold on obitsus tbh /rambles

I'll avoid AliExpress then, the ob11 hybrid tutorial I found had some links (now defunct) that went to Amazon, but I've heard that there are some counterfeit dolls around on Amazon as well so I'm cautious. Hobby Search looks like a good source though, I'll check it out, thanks!

On 11/16/2023 at 6:44 AM, MoiBakaDesu said:

I can also recommend the YMY gen 2 bodies if you are looking for a 1/12 body that is compatible with Nendoroid head parts. Personally I like it more than the OB11 one.

Thanks for the suggestion, they are cute but they're a bit too stylized for what I'm after. I do wish there were more bodies for this scale (that don't have recast controversies) because I see a lot of potential in poseable Nendoroids as having one's favorite characters in more doll-like form... I'm guessing that's why Nendoroid Doll bodies were made in the first place! ^w^ I'd heard about Nendoroid dolls on ob11 years ago as well, dunno if that was the inspiration but I'm looking forward to working on the lil guys!

The other downside to not using the official Nendo dolls is that they won't be compatible with certain hand parts that came with my kiddos, but it seems ob11 has a fairly decent selection of poses as well, so, *shrug*

Also, my apologies for responding too late, I don't want it to seem like I didn't appreciate the help, thanks again!

Currently watching BNHA, 1-2 episodes behind on the anime rn and absolutely obsessed! (being in a fandom late has made dodging spoilers an issue tho :()

More into Nendoroids and my resin BJDs rn- including some BNHA character shells hehehe :)- my Smartdolls are boxed up at the moment but I'm still happy to talk dolls and doll plans!

RozenGermain

BTW there IS a taobao store that sells a neck piece for OB11 bodies to you can easily use nendo heads on them! If you're a bit antsy about neck mods for dolls I guess this will do better! The same store also seals cheap doll clothing too, I've seen some doll photos on here and DoA where the doll wear stuff from there!

https://detail.tmall.com/item.htm?id=591246025630

• Thanks 1

Starwaia
On 11/19/2023 at 7:57 PM, RozenGermain said:

BTW there IS a taobao store that sells a neck piece for OB11 bodies to you can easily use nendo heads on them! If you're a bit antsy about neck mods for dolls I guess this will do better! The same store also seals cheap doll clothing too, I've seen some doll photos on here and DoA where the doll wear stuff from there!

https://detail.tmall.com/item.htm?id=591246025630

Sorry for the lateness but thank you so much!! I definitely appreciate that, I'm not opposed to doll surgery (it would be useful to learn how) but I want my blorbos to be poseable asap so they can get into shenanigans. >:3