Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Sign in to follow this  
Gamma Ray

Fighting Vipers 2 - Honey - First Pics 12/28/23

Gamma Ray

I picked up this Fighting Vipers 2 character doll of Honey from the late 90s. I knew she was going to need a little work, but I've got her. She actually came in most of her original packaging, but the lid was missing and the tape for the accessories inside was starting to go. Some of the accessories were rattling free, but it doesn't seem to have caused problems, nor have any of the accessories been lost. One of the elastic bands on one of her pigtails needs to be replaced. I'm going to have to get a little elastic band. Now that I have her in front of me, I can get an idea of what to get. Unfortunately, the box seems to have rubbed on her breastplate (yes, that's armor) and left a couple marks. I used a magic eraser for a few minutes, and it seemed to help a bit. Maybe I'll try removing the armor and getting some elbow grease on the breastplate to finish the job. Other than that, I largely like her. I always had a crush on Honey when I was a teenager, so getting a new Honey doll is a dream come true. One thing I don't like about this doll compared to the Fighting Vipers 1 Honey dolls that I have is that this doll has armor on the legs. I should've known that it would limit the range of motion in her knees, so you can't really do any posing like you could with the first game's dolls and their boots that end just below the knee. I also didn't realize that they expected you to do some serious assembly, including cutting and drilling, to get all of the parts together. The arm armor is packaged separately, and you have to do some cutting to the gloves plus add a hole for a ring. They also expect you to snip the inner tabs of the ankle shackles and drill a hole in the outer tabs for the lock accessories. That's going to require a bit of work. She also came with a maid outfit headband, but I'm saving that for after I situate her pigtails. All in all, I like this doll. She's adorable, and her outfit is very unique. I love her shoes and all of the bows on the outfit, even if some of the bows are molded plastic.

53426037287_9c509d3581_c.jpg
53427391135_a646f605ea_c.jpg
53427119758_4a8f5b75e6_c.jpg

• Like 1

Rajke

Despite her age she looks really nice. I definitely would say she is in good condition.
@onion24@

I agree with you about the armor. I really hate it if a manufacturer includes parts were you have to make holes or other damage to the doll. Had the same thing with Pureneemo Rem were a pin for the hair accessorie must be put into her head. I found a better solution by using fish thread instead. 

@onion37@

Greetz, 

Rajke

Gamma Ray
8 hours ago, Rajke said:

Despite her age she looks really nice. I definitely would say she is in good condition.
@onion24@

I agree with you about the armor. I really hate it if a manufacturer includes parts were you have to make holes or other damage to the doll. Had the same thing with Pureneemo Rem were a pin for the hair accessorie must be put into her head. I found a better solution by using fish thread instead. 

@onion37@

Thank you so much :) She still needs a little work, but I'm pretty happy with her. I wish the breastplate didn't get rubbed, though. I think I can eliminate the marks, but it's going to take work.

I was a little surprised about the need to do cutting and drilling for the accessories, too. I may or may not even bother with the arm armor. We'll see. I do want to get the little locks on her ankle shackles, though. It's such a cute and sexy little detail that really adds a bit of extra flair to the character.

Tasuke

Hi Again!! i suppose we both happen to be in a Retro frame of mind in regards to Character Dolls as of late.

i have a TAKARA "Tenchi Muyo!" Princess Ayeka Jurai on her way, -Also from mid/late-90's-

that will be benefiting from a new OBITSU 26 body... along with a full set of sweet undies and comfy little Ballet slippers to wear~

Effectively, she's my Very First Anime Doll from two decades ago... Returning to me in a much better form;

Ayeka_TAKARA_12-23-23_(2).jpg?width=1920

01_A1_-_Ayeka_12-24-23_1.png?width=1920&

Edited by Tasuke

2020164095_ANightatKonomi12-18-23550px.Horizont..png.35eaba54e8b03fbe6a7f7cd252209e94.png

Gamma Ray
14 minutes ago, Tasuke said:

Hi Again!! i suppose we both happen to be in a Retro frame of mind in regards to Character Dolls as of late.

i have a TAKARA "Tenchi Muyo!" Princess Ayeka Jurai on her way, -Also from mid/late-90's-

that will be benefiting from a new OBITSU 26 body... along with a full set of sweet undies and comfy little Ballet slippers to wear~

Effectively, she's my Very First Anime Doll from two decades ago... Returning to me in a much better form;

Ayeka_TAKARA_12-23-23_(2).jpg?width=1920

01_A1_-_Ayeka_12-24-23_1.png?width=1920&

Your Princess Ayeka is going to be even more lovely, Tasuke :)

Tasuke
1 hour ago, Gamma Ray said:

Thank you so much :) She still needs a little work, but I'm pretty happy with her. I wish the breastplate didn't get rubbed, though. I think I can eliminate the marks, but it's going to take work.

You can find NOVUS Multi-Step Plastic Polish at some Hobby Shops and Automotive Supply Stores... or, just find it Online.

this is a professional-grade Polishing system...

consisting of at least two parts, and, depending on severity of plastic damage, 6 or 7 parts maximum, IIRC.

considering that that breastplate appears only lightly-scuffed... i'm sure that the basic two-step process will do you just fine.

if you can; remove the plastic breastplate and NOVUS the entire part; i'm confident that you'd end up with a flawless, beautifully-finished result...

Edited by Tasuke

2020164095_ANightatKonomi12-18-23550px.Horizont..png.35eaba54e8b03fbe6a7f7cd252209e94.png

Gamma Ray
2 hours ago, Tasuke said:

You can find NOVUS Multi-Step Plastic Polish at some Hobby Shops and Automotive Supply Stores... or, just find it Online.

this is a professional-grade Polishing system...

consisting of at least two parts, and, depending on severity of plastic damage, 6 or 7 parts maximum, IIRC.

considering that that breastplate appears only lightly-scuffed... i'm sure that the basic two-step process will do you just fine.

if you can; remove the plastic breastplate and NOVUS the entire part; i'm confident that you'd end up with a flawless, beautifully-finished result...

Thank you! I'll keep it in mind :)

Gamma Ray

I did some work on my Fighting Vipers 2 Honey this evening. I got dental elastics. They're the perfect size! I think there were red elastics in the pack, but I'm partially colorblind, so I couldn't really see the colors clearly. I decided to go with these blue/purple elastics to match the non-red parts of her outfit. I didn't want to put something like a green one in her hair and then have to redo it. I also removed the remaining original hair tie. It was falling apart, and I had to pick it out of her hair.

53431222462_50fb834b68_c.jpg