Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Matcha

sewing patterns for imomodoll?

Matcha

hai i was wondering if anyone here have patterns for a imomodoll 1/4 body? the dolls body have a difference between its hips and waist and ive been having a hard time finding any patterns that can be good for the body. does anyone know any patterns or similar to the doll

chantelle

Maybe kumako patterns might work out the best? They also have the pear shape.

MSD/MDD clothing will fit Imomodoll as long as if its a top or dress. Skirts seem to be ok too from my experience. Thus I think patterns for MDD/MSD will work granted its not for pants or longer socks.

• Like 2

Matcha
2 hours ago, chantelle said:

Maybe kumako patterns might work out the best? They also have the pear shape.

MSD/MDD clothing will fit Imomodoll as long as if its a top or dress. Skirts seem to be ok too from my experience. Thus I think patterns for MDD/MSD will work granted its not for pants or longer socks.

thanks!
i wonder if i can find some patterns besides etsy. i tried making a pattern before but had some issues due to measurement especially for the trousers.

• Like 1

ragnamuffin

I don’t know of any sewing books dedicated solely to MSD/MDD (which is bizarre considering how popular of a size it is), but there are some patterns for that size in the Dollybird magazines. They started including patterns for Kumako from Vol. 30.

• Like 1

AliceDoll
9 hours ago, ragnamuffin said:

I don’t know of any sewing books dedicated solely to MSD/MDD (which is bizarre considering how popular of a size it is), but there are some patterns for that size in the Dollybird magazines. They started including patterns for Kumako from Vol. 30.

I always found that so strange too!! I feel like MDD stuff is everywhere, but there's almost nothing available. 

So far I have Dollybird 30, 33 & 35 -- 

30 & 33 have patterns for kumako and 35 has patterns for baby kumako!

For OP -- there are a bunch of great patterns available on Etsy for chubby body 1/4 BJD! I've had really good luck there! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Tira

Some of these BFC Ink and Wellie Wishers patterns may work. I know MDD-sized dolls can wear their clothes, and a lot of the patterns for bottoms are loose-fitting with elastic waistbands, so they might be able to work.

Matcha
On 12/30/2023 at 6:47 AM, ragnamuffin said:

On 12/30/2023 at 4:37 PM, AliceDoll said:

I always found that so strange too!! I feel like MDD stuff is everywhere, but there's almost nothing available. 

So far I have Dollybird 30, 33 & 35 -- 

30 & 33 have patterns for kumako and 35 has patterns for baby kumako!

For OP -- there are a bunch of great patterns available on Etsy for chubby body 1/4 BJD! I've had really good luck there! 

looks like i have some research to do, i wonder where i can order these dollybird books at.

knowing that this body can work with something similar like kumako or mdd/msd helps a ton.

7 hours ago, Tira said:

Some of these BFC Ink and Wellie Wishers patterns may work. I know MDD-sized dolls can wear their clothes, and a lot of the patterns for bottoms are loose-fitting with elastic waistbands, so they might be able to work.

this is perfect for the bottoms, imomodoll bodies under the hip/waist is sometimes hard to find a good pattern that can fit or atleast stable enough. i will try these out.

Giragira

So this is really late but I've been making some clothes for my imomo and I've found Lomi's Playground on YouTube extremely helpful. She shows you what measurements to make on a doll to make your own patterns.

I myself used this one to make some bloomers for my imomo and they fit perfect!

• Thanks 2