Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Monty

Konosuba: DD Aqua

ragnamuffin

At least they can’t get away with pretending they’re “discontinuing” the body this time 🙄

BeyondTime
Just now, ragnamuffin said:

At least they can’t get away with pretending they’re “discontinuing” the body this time 🙄

I can't read Japanese, but from the English translations it didn't sound like MDD was being discontinued. They said production was halted, but stay tuned for future product news. I do recall people worrying about that though. 

I am curious if they will release DD 2.0 base bodies with DDS 2.0, or do we wait until a limited DDS gets the body to get DDS 2.0. It seems really unlikely they won't upgrade DDS, they seem very popular.

• Like 1

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

ragnamuffin
Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, BeyondTime said:

I can't read Japanese, but from the English translations it didn't sound like MDD was being discontinued. They said production was halted, but stay tuned for future product news. I do recall people worrying about that though.

It said ‘end of production’ (生産終了), which was left intentionally vague so people would rush to buy up all their leftover stock, which is exactly what happened. The Japanese doll community on Twitter had a collective meltdown about it, so it wasn’t clear that there would be a successor to the body even in Japanese.

Edit: The machine translation literally has it as ‘discontinuation’ 💀 

Edited by ragnamuffin

BeyondTime
10 minutes ago, ragnamuffin said:

It said ‘end of production’ (生産終了), which was left intentionally vague so people would rush to buy up all their leftover stock, which is exactly what happened.

I figured you'd know exactly how the characters read. I guess I thought it was so unlikely I never read "end of production" as "MDD is going away." I don't blame them for wanting the stock gone. 2.0 was so cute, they would have had a hard time selling leftover 1.0 bodies.

10 minutes ago, ragnamuffin said:

The Japanese doll community on Twitter had a collective meltdown about it

I'll bet they did. XD

MDD always seemed very popular in Japan.

• Haha 2

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

Monty
Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, 313C7 said:

Definitely want to know if this will be available to international owners. I remember my original Miku came with a form for a wig but at the time it was limited to Japan owners.

I’m really curious about this too. For the past few years, when you buy a Super Dollfie, it comes with a form/link to order hand parts (and for girls the high heel leg parts, or normal legs if they come with the heel legs already on), and these are available for everyone - the form has a QR code that takes you to a hidden shop page where you can add to cart. I think back when Miku came out, it was a paper form that had to be either mailed or given directly to Volks staff, right? (At least it was like that with a SD I got in 2017, but luckily I was in Japan at the time) I’ve never heard of being able to get an entire body as an owner order bonus, so I hope it’s similar to the SD parts in that there isn’t any regional restriction nowadays.

I guess we’ll find out when people start receiving her!  

edit: re the discontinuation thing - technically they weren’t wrong because mDD f3 -was- discontinued, and I never really thought it was gone for good or a tactic to drive sales given that they did say in the same press release to look forward for updates, which implied a replacement coming. However…they definitely could have announced the new body -before- announcing the discontinuation to reduce all that speculation, especially since a lot of people only saw the headline and never read the actual press release, so they probably didn’t want to cause the same panic again.

Edited by Monty

Xiongmao

I had a mini-meltdown when the MDD discontinuation was announced and ended up getting Rena Ryugu as I thought MDD were about to disappear off the face of the earth 😪.

Xiongmao-Signature-Vinyl-Dolls-December-2023.jpg.092aa55b9a3c11160633f60ad1610e7c.jpg 

My Dollfie doll family 😊.

BeyondTime

Aqua shipped. 

• Like 2

archeotech

Got our Aqua today :) We rolled her skit up a bit to make her a little more accurate haha Anyway very happy with her and the outfit looks to be fully lined for once. Hair piece could be better though as difficult get it to stay slightly securely in the hair without falling off. They should've made the prones a bit longer. Anyway took a quick photo! Will have to see about posing her with Megumin ^__^ 

IMG20240520145901.jpg

• Like 11

313C7

Looks like Aqua got the small cage box treatment. I'll try to post some photos of her later.

Aqua1.jpg

• Like 2

HongBee

The small box looks good actually. Takes up less space lol.

Do share more pics and comparison between the new body if you can. Interested to see some user reviews.

• Like 1

BeyondTime

Aqua is home.

53738176178_18b95eb828_6k.jpgAqua - Intro-9243.jpg by Cult of Athena, on Flickr

• Like 8

BeyondTime

A few poses with the new body, and it's a big improvement.

Curvier full body poses.

53740619584_6283d4fd43_h.jpgAqua - Poses-9258-Edit.jpg by Cult of Athena, on Flickr

Love that new neck.

53739365497_d9e83c828f_h.jpgAqua - Poses-9253.jpg by Cult of Athena, on Flickr

• Like 8
  • Thanks 3

Zai
20 hours ago, BeyondTime said:

A few poses with the new body, and it's a big improvement.

Thank you so much for uploading these! I’ve been so curious about the new body but haven’t really seen anyone posting about it. It looks great, and Aqua is so pretty! I hope they have made improvements to the upper leg connection to the body *crosses fingers*

Vinyl friends: Stoli (DD Y’shtola), Raili, Yuzuha and Minami-senpai (Azone PureNeemo).
Future friends: DD Alisaie, TinyFox Huifre, DD Luka (hopefully a reboot?), and a DD Icon (wishful thinking, lol).

🩶 Instagram 🩶

BeyondTime
1 hour ago, Zai said:

Thank you so much for uploading these! I’ve been so curious about the new body but haven’t really seen anyone posting about it. It looks great, and Aqua is so pretty! I hope they have made improvements to the upper leg connection to the body *crosses fingers*

I plan on doing a lot of pose test shots with her over the next few weeks. I think the upper leg connects nicely, and I'll post some shots in a string bikini this weekend.

• Thanks 1

Zai
1 hour ago, BeyondTime said:

I plan on doing a lot of pose test shots with her over the next few weeks. I think the upper leg connects nicely, and I'll post some shots in a string bikini this weekend.

Okay, this is awesome. I’m really looking forward to that! Although I’m sure most DD owners are.

I’m loving the look of the new “silhouette” (as Volks called it if I remember correctly) of the body so far, especially around the hips and shoulders. Her knees look fantastic too. And that pose with her laying on her tummy with her head up is just both yummy and adorable! Good to hear about the upper legs connecting nicely, I personally have soooo much trouble putting their legs back into their torsos. 😂

As for Aqua herself, she came out a lot prettier than I expected her to be. Volks official photos really didn’t do her much justice at all. May be experiencing some regret at not trying for her now after seeing the owner photos, lol. 

Vinyl friends: Stoli (DD Y’shtola), Raili, Yuzuha and Minami-senpai (Azone PureNeemo).
Future friends: DD Alisaie, TinyFox Huifre, DD Luka (hopefully a reboot?), and a DD Icon (wishful thinking, lol).

🩶 Instagram 🩶

BeyondTime
14 hours ago, Zai said:

Good to hear about the upper legs connecting nicely, I personally have soooo much trouble putting their legs back into their torsos. 😂

When I said improved, I meant the lines are nicer. I don't think the frame connection has changed, but I haven't disassembled her yet. 

313C7

Took a couple quick photos of her with Megumin and my WIP Kaguya Luna. Both are DDS bodies.

The hair bauble was a pain. The pins need to be a bit longer.

I also struggled with her fans. I felt like I was going to tear them trying to unfold them, though it could also be that I don't know how to use them in the first place.

That said, she's adorable. Had her out for a day before we had severe weather and I threw her and most of the others into the bags for safety.

Aqua2.jpg

Aqua3.jpg

Aqua4.jpg

• Like 5

OnlyMonicaDollphotos

Oh, so sweet all together 🙂

BeyondTime
On 5/20/2024 at 8:48 AM, archeotech said:

Hair piece could be better though as difficult get it to stay slightly securely in the hair without falling off. They should've made the prones a bit longer. Anyway took a quick photo!

My Solution to the hair bead issue. Up-front, if she fell this might cause damage to her hair bun or the bead, but it was the best I could think of. I made it wide to minimize the chance of it pulling into the bun and wrecking it.

It's made from a cut up business card and I started the holes by poking it with the pointy end of some surgical scissors, and then twisting them around like a drill. I kept the holes small enough that there would be friction when I pushed it all the way up.

53745901046_f32845bec9_w.jpgAqua - Hair Bead-9278-2.jpg by Cult-Of-Athena - Info Photos & Photo Stories, on Flickr

53746267529_329e9b6760_w.jpgAqua - Hair Bead-9279-2.jpg by Cult-Of-Athena - Info Photos & Photo Stories, on Flickr

• Like 1

BeyondTime

I messed around with a bunch of poses, and the body is really improved. Tomorrow I'll start taking some pictures in a cute outfit, and I tried some poses with Megumin too. The improved neck movement allows for much more dynamic group photos.

Here are some profile shots in a bikini so you can see the lines at the hip, and the rounder DD butt. I think the hips do stay on better, but I still need to take her apart to see what differences there are inside.

1761223699_Aqua-BikiniProfile-9302.jpg.e79a94f052788d391d20b5bbb891d0e3.jpg

The DDS has a competitor in the cute butt department now.

891211048_Aqua-BikiniProfile-9303.jpg.a2396efc92d9b55804997a65875ee15b.jpg

564469184_Aqua-Portrait.jpg.3268dc209af8a7da2ed607b66e7e9ce4.jpg

• Like 6

BeyondTime

I posted more in my own photo thread.

howasaur
On 5/26/2024 at 8:08 PM, BeyondTime said:

I posted more in my own photo thread.

Thanks for getting these photos with test poses.

Really hoping Volks brings out a new, improved DDS body and offer the base bodies for sale.

BeyondTime
36 minutes ago, howasaur said:

Thanks for getting these photos with test poses.

I have more to post and more to take. I'll probably do the others I want to take in a Bikini or lingerie so people can see the body better, but I wanted to photograph her in some cute outfits and show off a bit of personality.

53753989733_2c24318b63_b.jpgAqua - Cute Goddess-9412-Edit.jpg by Cult of Athena, on Flickr

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Xiongmao

Aqua is cute. I just started watching Konosuba season 3. I laughed so hard at the pantsu joke at the end of episode 2.

Oh and Towa says she has that string bikini. She'd wear it again but the internet would crash if I uploaded the photos.

Xiongmao-Signature-Vinyl-Dolls-December-2023.jpg.092aa55b9a3c11160633f60ad1610e7c.jpg 

My Dollfie doll family 😊.

BeyondTime

Season three has it's moments, but sometimes it feels like they're treating the characters like a collection of tropes and it falls flat.

Spoiler

Like Darkness not being able to figure out if she's the top or the bottom when she is fighting the hydra was hysterical, but a lot of Megumin's scenes feel really forced, like they want to wave her around, but they don't know what to do with her; granted this whole season is really focused on Iris & Darkness arcs, so Megumin is a bit of a third wheel at times. In the prior seasons the humor flowed a lot more naturally.

I would love to see DD's of some of the minor characters like Eris, YunYun, and Iris. Never happen, but they'd be cute dolls.

• Like 1