Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Monty

Konosuba: DD Aqua

Xiongmao

Season 3 wasn't as good as the first and second. The Megumin spinoff was good as well, especially the ultra brilliant ED.

After a Fedex saga Aqua is here and my FOMO is finally over. I originally planned on getting her on release but at that time I didn't know much about the show.

Initial impressions:

• She's a big girl and I almost thought she was a DDdy at first.
  • I didn't notice too much difference with the new bodytype. I think her back arches more.
  • There are some O-rings in her bag. I don't know what they're for. I don't think they're Aqua specific.
  • Her vinyl is rougher than everybody else's although one of her legs is smoother than the other. She was ever so slightly sticky when I unboxed her, but she's fine now.
  • I had no idea how to put her hairpiece in so I stuck a piece of blu-tac on the back.
  • The fans are very nice.
  • Her box is back to the standard model size. That fits well with my plans to compress all the doll boxes into one massive box. Annoyingly Megumin's box is the biggest DD box ever made (I think) and it doesn't fit in my huge box.

The other girls have decided Aqua's probably a cousin of Kizuna AI. They definitely look related.

spacer.png

• Like 1

Xiongmao-Signature-Vinyl-Dolls-December-2023.jpg.092aa55b9a3c11160633f60ad1610e7c.jpg 

My Dollfie doll family 😊.

BeyondTime
2 hours ago, Xiongmao said:

Season 3 wasn't as good as the first and second.

They played to the character tropes too much and the delivery was quite jarring. 

There are some O-rings in her bag. I don't know what they're for. I don't think they're Aqua specific

They let you adjust how far down her head sits on her neck. You can see how to use them on the DD 2.0 page on the Volks website.

I had no idea how to put her hairpiece in so I stuck a piece of blu-tac on the back.

I did it like this: 

• Like 1

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

Xiongmao

Cool - I watched Konosuba again last night to try to determine where exactly her hairpiece attaches onto. From the anime it's not easy to tell.

I might 3D print something like your business card solution.

I've also discovered she doesn't rest well against a wall like the others, because it messes up her hair. She might be turned into a sitting down doll and sit atop the bookcase.

Well she's not often vertical 😁.

Xiongmao-Signature-Vinyl-Dolls-December-2023.jpg.092aa55b9a3c11160633f60ad1610e7c.jpg 

My Dollfie doll family 😊.

BeyondTime
1 hour ago, Xiongmao said:

Well she's not often vertical

I always put something white under them if I am resting them on anything that might stain. Like folding up a piece of paper towel to put under her face when she's face down. Just only stuff with no dyes, paper towels with print on them can stain the doll instantly. 

1 hour ago, Xiongmao said:

She might be turned into a sitting down doll and sit atop the bookcase.

Mine is kept sitting with her hair curled up behind her.

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction