Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

SonataAvalon

A problem?

SonataAvalon
Posted (edited)

Screen Recording 2024-03-28 at 1.15.31 PM.movSmart Doll store's questionare won't let me continue even if I answer every question. I've restarted the page. Still is in this state. Wat do?

I may try and do this on another computer. If it still goes on what do I do

Edited by SonataAvalon

Forums banned from year wise: GamePress FateGrand Order: 1,000 years. I'm a bit impulsive and do not mean what I say, so if I go off-topic please note I do have ADHD and Autism. I'm most likely younger than you btw.
Thank's for reading!

Xiongmao

I nearly ordered a Smart Doll as our second doll but when it got to the question "Why do you want to buy a Smart Doll" I didn't know what to write 😬.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Xiongmao-Signature-Vinyl-Dolls-December-2023.jpg.092aa55b9a3c11160633f60ad1610e7c.jpg 

My Dollfie doll family 😊.

SonataAvalon
6 minutes ago, Xiongmao said:

I nearly ordered a Smart Doll as our second doll but when it got to the question "Why do you want to buy a Smart Doll" I didn't know what to write 😬.

A smart doll purchase stressing you out?

You own a never ending family of dollfies! 

Forums banned from year wise: GamePress FateGrand Order: 1,000 years. I'm a bit impulsive and do not mean what I say, so if I go off-topic please note I do have ADHD and Autism. I'm most likely younger than you btw.
Thank's for reading!

Stupid_Hoomun

For the question about the skin imperfections, try the answer about the slush casting method and see if that changes anything.

Bad_Luck

When I got my Smart Doll,  for some reason Smart Doll had issues with my Yahoo address. I sent in the answers to the questionnaire and didn't get a reply. A week later I got an email saying they hadn't heard from me, and do I still want to continue with my order? So it turns out that it never went through. Responded with my gmail address explaining the situation, and it went through without problems. So maybe you could try with a different email address and see if that's the problem.

For the questions themselves, I just answered that I wanted a Smart Doll because I'd been researching the company for awhile and really admired the dolls and the company. For the skin imperfection question, I just answered that I was totally fine with skin imperfections because it makes the doll unique.

If nothing else, try e-mailing them to ask how to proceed.  support@smartdoll.jp

Hope this helps!

SonataAvalon
Posted (edited)
20 hours ago, Stupid_Hoomun said:

For the question about the skin imperfections, try the answer about the slush casting method and see if that changes anything.

Still happens. I've tried changing up my answers.

10 hours ago, Bad_Luck said:

When I got my Smart Doll,  for some reason Smart Doll had issues with my Yahoo address. I sent in the answers to the questionnaire and didn't get a reply. A week later I got an email saying they hadn't heard from me, and do I still want to continue with my order? So it turns out that it never went through. Responded with my gmail address explaining the situation, and it went through without problems. So maybe you could try with a different email address and see if that's the problem.

emailing them to ask how to proceed.  support@smartdoll.jp

Hope this helps!

I'm using a Gmail account, always used a Gmail account.

It's probably cause it's the only thing my autism can understand. I may email support and ask. 

Update: emailed support, going out for lunch with my father then going to work, so might be able to check back and update you all further. 

God this is why I want to be reviewing these dolls so I don't have to suffer these issues...

Edited by SonataAvalon
updated

Thank's for reading!

SonataAvalon

Update: I have emailed support, it has been 3 days, they haven't responded at all.

This issue STILL persists even if I change computers. 

Thank's for reading!

Tira
On 4/1/2024 at 3:39 PM, SonataAvalon said:

Update: I have emailed support, it has been 3 days, they haven't responded at all.

This issue STILL persists even if I change computers. 

Are you using a VPN, or any filtering or script-blocking add-ons? Sometimes websites don't work well with those. Also clear any cookies and then double-check that your settings will accept any new ones. You might also want to try restarting your devices... It doesn't seem like it should make a difference if the problem is present on multiple computers, but sometimes it does anyways.

You might get an answer if you ask on social media, but there's a chance it would just be "are you sure your answers are correct?"

Not only do these Q&A forms not accomplish their stated goal (I suspect most people assume they won't be bothered by any flaws until they get one that does bother them), but from a programming perspective, they add potential fail points to the site's operation. It may not seem like there's any logical reason there should be any issues from the coder's side, but, as frustrating as it is, that's just not how computers work.

SonataAvalon
1 minute ago, Tira said:

Are you using a VPN, or any filtering or script-blocking add-ons? Sometimes websites don't work well with those. Also clear any cookies and then double-check that your settings will accept any new ones. You might also want to try restarting your devices... It doesn't seem like it should make a difference if the problem is present on multiple computers, but sometimes it does anyways.

You might get an answer if you ask on social media, but there's a chance it would just be "are you sure your answers are correct?"

Not only do these Q&A forms not accomplish their stated goal (I suspect most people assume they won't be bothered by any flaws until they get one that does bother them), but from a programming perspective, they add potential fail points to the site's operation. It may not seem like there's any logical reason there should be any issues from the coder's side, but, as frustrating as it is, that's just not how computers work.

For the life of me I don't really want to use a VPN, won't even touch one. I may reset cookies though.

Thank's for reading!

SonataAvalon
Posted (edited)

待て、I may have figured out the problem

update:

still happens and the computer accepts cookies

Edited by SonataAvalon
update

Thank's for reading!

Tira
Just now, SonataAvalon said:

For the life of me I don't really want to use a VPN, won't even touch one. I may reset cookies though.

Fair enough. It's just something I've seen cause issues with some websites in the past. Hopefully you've got it sorted out.

• Like 1

SonataAvalon
9 hours ago, Tira said:

Fair enough. It's just something I've seen cause issues with some websites in the past. Hopefully you've got it sorted out.

I'm theorizing what could off what could've happened.
1. I have banned from the site, but I haven't done anything to deserve a ban from the site. It could've been that one time some time ago on my phone I was going to buy one, a Kizuna, it was in my cart, but it sold out before I could. 

2. Questionnaire is just glitched and won't let me complete it due to that glitch. 

These are my only two...

Thank's for reading!