Zoom Meetup

Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Sign in to follow this  
HimboPrinceLuka

My Dream Mini Dollfie will be coming home soon!

HimboPrinceLuka

So after getting Taru (ddh29 custom mdd who is on her way home to me soon) I decided I wanted to save up to do Dollfie Dream Choice to get a ddh21 in tan on the mochi ashi body. ddh21 has been my favorite head sculpt and i had given up on finding one secondhand but...it seems like fate had other plans! someone put up a tan ddh21 for sale recently and they were nice enough to let me buy it on layaway! On top of that I got an offer for a mochi ashi body and a regular tan mdd body so she'll be whole sooner than i thought! The mdd gods have been very kind to me so far it seems! 

pic belongs to the seller but im so hyped for this little one! I think they'll be a boy but im not 100% committed to the idea yet.

(also if anyone can share how to remove volks default hot glue eyes id be grateful!)

spacer.png 

• Like 1

Tierparkzone
Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, HimboPrinceLuka said:

(also if anyone can share how to remove volks default hot glue eyes id be grateful!)

If she's a Dream Choice, she'll be on the Dream Fitter. Eye swaps should be super easy if you keep using Volks eyes (for other eyes you'll need a bit of putty/blutack to stick em onto the Dream Fitter hemispheres). No hot glue involved.

In case her eyes are hot glued in, stick the head into the freezer for 15-30 minutes. Then push in the eyes with something that has a soft surface (to avoid scratches). The glue should break away cleanly.

Edited by Tierparkzone
  • Like 1

HimboPrinceLuka
4 minutes ago, Tierparkzone said:

If she's a Dream Choice, she'll be on the Dream Fitter. Eye swaps should be super easy if you keep using Volks eyes (for other eyes you'll need a bit of putty/blutack to stick em onto the Dream Fitter hemispheres). No hot glue involved.

In case her eyes are hot glued in, stick the head into the freezer for 15-30 minutes. Then push in the eyes with something that has a soft surface (to avoid scratches). The glue should break away cleanly.

thank you very much! she wasn't dream choice she was won through a volks lottery and her eyes are VERY MUCH hot glued in, the seller showed me. 

ragnamuffin
3 hours ago, Tierparkzone said:

In case her eyes are hot glued in, stick the head into the freezer for 15-30 minutes. Then push in the eyes with something that has a soft surface (to avoid scratches).

It doesn’t even need to be this involved, 5-10 min in the freezer is enough and the hot glue pops right off when you squeeze the head a little at the sides.

• Like 1

battrastard

For the girls I've swapped eyes out, I've been super lucky. 

Squeeze the sides of her head, while pushing in one eye, the hot glue "will usually" either pop right off, or partially, or, an eye will pop inwards. 

This has allowed me to pick up an edge to work it loose. Getting it a bit colder than room temp does help a lot. 

Rick

• Like 1

"Madness takes it's toll, Please have exact change!"