Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Lucybean

Hi!! (⁠ノ⁠◕⁠ヮ⁠◕⁠)⁠ノ⁠*⁠.⁠✧

Lucybean

So, I recently fell down the rabbit hole of bjd dolls and am super interested in them! I don't know much and would really like to know more, which is why I created this account on here!!! I'm very interested in the anime style bjds, but have absolutely no clue where to buy authentic ones, and what artists to purchase from. I would love any suggestions and am really looking forward to becoming part of this community!!! ⊂⁠(⁠・⁠▽⁠・⁠⊂⁠)

• Like 1

PlasticJester

Hi there! This forum is a great resource for anime-style bjds, so I'm sure you'll be able to learn a bunch! The main divide is in what the bjds are made of: resin or vinyl. I would say most anime-style dolls are vinyl, but certainly not all of them! Resin anime-styled BJD are definitely becoming more popular!

For vinyl dolls, there are a few big brands. I would say the three largest are Volks (who produce Dollfie Dreams), SmartDoll, and Obitsu/Parabox. There's a few smaller vinyl companies becoming popular, like Dollbot and Imomodoll, but since they're newer there's less info readily accessible on them.

• Like 2

592108676_DollGroupPixel.png.059a2d02f02ccb8975d8c8461ef7b1cc.png

Lucybean

Okay, thank you for the info! I'm excited to go and check some of these out!!!o⁠(⁠(⁠*⁠^⁠▽⁠^⁠*⁠)⁠)⁠o I have heard that vinyl dolls stain really easily, but I do like the style of the vinyl dolls a lot. Is there a way to protect them other than just not keeping clothes on?

Rheynna
Posted (edited)

There's a lot of info in the forum about stain prevention and treatment, but the easiest ways to avoid staining are avoiding very dark/intensely colored clothes that are not lined in white and using protective bodysuits and wig caps you can buy from their manufacturers.

Dollfie Dreams have the softest, most porous vinyl, which is more flexible and has a very nice feel but it stains the easiest, then I've heard Smart Dolls' vinyl is a bit harder so they are not as prone to staining -can't confirm 'cause I don't have one-; and then about Azone's Iris Collect line (50cm vinyl dolls with obitsu bodies), I've owned two of these girls for over a year now, dressed in their stock outfits, one fully black and the other has red hakama, and to this day they stay stain free.

Also environmental conditions are key here, with hotter temperatures and higher humidity making dolls more prone to staining.

Edited by Rheynna
  • Like 1

Lucybean

Okay, thank you! I will check the forum for more information around the stain prevention! Also I would definitely like to look into those dolls you say you've had as that sounds perfect to me. I really appreciate how helpful people have already been on here, this is a very sweet and supportive community (⁠ ⁠◜⁠‿⁠◝⁠ ⁠)⁠♡

• Like 1