Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Brun2166

Body sugestions

Brun2166

So I bought a beautiful custom painted smd head. It’s in cinnamon though. I know you can sometimes find body’s alone but they are pretty expensive. I was just wondering if there are any alternatives to a smd body. 
thank you for the help 

• Like 1

ragnamuffin

SmD Cinnamon is a very close match to DD Tan. You can see for yourself here:

The main issue is that the SmD neck hole is smaller than the DD neck peg, so you might have to mod it (or use a lot of heat?) to get it to fit. Also, SmD heads are smaller than DD heads, so it might look a little weird with the DD’s thicker neck, but you can ask around for owner pics since I’m sure there are people here who have done this combo before.

PolitelyNefarious
Posted (edited)

I would recommend either signing up for Facebook groups like 'Smart Doll Sales and Trades', or just saving up and buying a new Smart Doll directly from Culture Japan, as nothing is remotely close to a match for Cinnamon except Volks Tan, which is both a different shade, and significantly more expensive than a whole new Smart Doll unless you live in Japan and can buy directly from Dollfie Dream Service. Plus, as Ragnamuffin says, you'd have to mod the neck hole to make it fit the thicker Dollfie peg besides. In fact, as far as I know, Smart Doll has the thinnest neck pegs of all of the options. But Smart Doll bodies come up for sale on their own in the secondhand groups for between $200 and $325ish usually, while a full Smart Doll is about $340 before shipping from Culture Japan.

Edited by PolitelyNefarious
  • Like 2

1541664063_324SigUpdate(1).jpg.0e6f96def94bd21c61f91356e0bc8f92.jpg 855019605_DeletelaterSmol.jpg.136e5d245c2328488f8736543aceb78d.jpg

Brun2166

Thank you all for the suggestions I appreciate it. I joined several Facebook groups. 

• Like 1

Starwaia

I hope you are able to find what you were looking for! I've heard good things about finding stuff in Facebook groups, enough that it makes me want to try using Facebook again (it lagged my old computer, plus I'm not too wild about the company for other reasons). Smart Doll definitely has a pretty big Facebook presence, last I've heard.

Currently watching BNHA, 1-2 episodes behind on the anime rn and absolutely obsessed! (being in a fandom late has made dodging spoilers an issue tho :()

More into Nendoroids and my resin BJDs rn- including some BNHA character shells hehehe :)- my Smartdolls are boxed up at the moment but I'm still happy to talk dolls and doll plans!