Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Sign in to follow this  
moody

Soon to be doll owner

moody

Hi everyone.

I am a seasoned anime collector but in manga. Decided to start adding some glitter into my hobby and looking at starting out with volks products as I love the characters.

But I also have no idea what I am getting myself into haha.

Anyways because of my lack of knowledge after hrs of google certification I decided I still have no idea where to start and decided to purchase a first timer practice doll for 200$ from a girl in Japan.

It's a DDS doll older model she says it was actually a DDS akira or something alike to that, it has a miku like face up and some body stains. Aka starter doll for a great price/ future parts peice. I would cry if I broke it but not as much as with a 600$ one LOL hence the used purchase.

So im here for tips for proper identification and doll cleanup information and maybe peeping some ideas for how I will dress her up one she arrives some weeks from now.

• Like 3

Xiongmao

Welcome. If she has stains then human acne creme containing 5% benzoyl peroxide works wonders... See before and after below. Instructions are in a thread elsewhere on the forum.

This is Kirika Towa Alma btw. See below photo for what she looks like a year on from the stain disaster.

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 1

Xiongmao-Signature-Vinyl-Dolls-December-2023.jpg.092aa55b9a3c11160633f60ad1610e7c.jpg 

My Dollfie doll family 😊.

moody

So pretty this one I'm receiving is so discounted because the eyebrows are stained dark dark blue it's gonna be some work but she has no other issues so she should be worth the effort. Or ill find some blue theme to match we will save her haha