Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

c_aw_miko

hello, nice to meet you!

c_aw_miko

hi i am miko ! 

i've been figure collecting for a bit and recently got an interest in BJDs to have bigger scaled dolls  :) (im currently owning a few nendoroid dolls atm)

i've been eyeing the miku nt dollfie dream, but seeing how the resale price is looking right now, i kinda gave up on her and settled on making BJDs of my ocs 🤭

i look forward to chatting with you all ! thank you for having me 🙇‍♀️

• Like 5

luna_Lillie

Don't give up on Miku NT just yet😄.

Resale prices are like that because she's barely released. Only a very small selection own her currently. Her official release is June-August.

People who have her rn are the ones who managed to buy her directly last year, or snagged an early pre-order (those people are just receiving their dolls now).

(Basically. Most selling secondhand now are scalpers.)

So wait until Dolpa afterparty pre-orders + USA orders are fulfilled. There will be a wave of decently priced NT's over the summer.

1 hour ago, c_aw_miko said:

hi i am miko ! 

i've been figure collecting for a bit and recently got an interest in BJDs to have bigger scaled dolls  :) (im currently owning a few nendoroid dolls atm)

i've been eyeing the miku nt dollfie dream, but seeing how the resale price is looking right now, i kinda gave up on her and settled on making BJDs of my ocs 🤭

puxlavoix

I agree with what was mentioned already. Don't give up on Miku, they'll be selling for hundreds, so it won't be difficult to find several at a good price.

• Like 1

c_aw_miko
19 hours ago, luna_Lillie said:

Don't give up on Miku NT just yet😄.

Resale prices are like that because she's barely released. Only a very small selection own her currently. Her official release is June-August.

People who have her rn are the ones who managed to buy her directly last year, or snagged an early pre-order (those people are just receiving their dolls now).

(Basically. Most selling secondhand now are scalpers.)

So wait until Dolpa afterparty pre-orders + USA orders are fulfilled. There will be a wave of decently priced NT's over the summer.

18 hours ago, puxlavoix said:

I agree with what was mentioned already. Don't give up on Miku, they'll be selling for hundreds, so it won't be difficult to find several at a good price.

oh i didnt know!! i legit saw a 1k+$ miku nt gone on mercari in like 15 minutes so it kinda zapped my hopes.

i was under the impression that miku DDs were nowhere to be found at an ok price post PO, but im happy to hear there might still be a chance!

i'll keep an eye out! thank you so much! 

ragnamuffin

Miku is their most popular doll, so she’ll probably be available for sale again at some point (whether old Miku or new Miku). They bring her to conventions and sell her there quite often.

• Like 2

luna_Lillie
10 hours ago, c_aw_miko said:

oh i didnt know!! i legit saw a 1k+$ miku nt gone on mercari in like 15 minutes so it kinda zapped my hopes.

i was under the impression that miku DDs were nowhere to be found at an ok price post PO, but im happy to hear there might still be a chance!

i'll keep an eye out! thank you so much! 

As @ragnamuffin said. Miku is likely the most popular/ubiquitous DD.  She's the easiest DD to find for a good price if you just wait it out.

But also, keep in mind release dates. No matter the doll, there's always the first 5 months/year of  people selling because they either can't keep or didn't bond. Usually asking the price they paid. 

Though for miku that window is smaller. So I recommend joining DD sell groups on Facebook (or even discord) in preparation.

• Like 1

Xiongmao

Welcome to the forum. I entered the hobby because I wanted a Miku doll. Back in 2020 I'd just missed the Miku release so eventually settled on standard model Towa. Here she is with the Miku Miku hair I bought for her.

I also have Miku NT and she's kind of cute but [covers Miku's ears while typing] ... Miku NT has googly eyes and I don't know if she is my favourite DD. Kagamine Rin is outstanding (and was recently rebooted). If you're happy to get any DD and dress them as Miku then Uzuki Shimamura and Kizuna AI are fantastic DD too.

Having said that, the semi-white skin tone Miku has is a really lovely colour (DD Yor Forger is one of my favourites).

What the world needs is for Sakura Miku to be rebooted.

Oh and I also collect figures and everything else. Today my Yor Forger figure's head fell off after a bad fall 🥵. The enormously good thing about DD is they're generally indestructible - vinyl is extremely tough and even staining is reversible.

I'll warn you that DD are so large that they fall into the "feel kind of real" bracket (and they love getting sisters).

spacer.png

• Like 3

Xiongmao-Signature-Vinyl-Dolls-December-2023.jpg.092aa55b9a3c11160633f60ad1610e7c.jpg 

My Dollfie doll family 😊.

c_aw_miko
On 5/16/2024 at 12:12 PM, Xiongmao said:

Welcome to the forum. I entered the hobby because I wanted a Miku doll. Back in 2020 I'd just missed the Miku release so eventually settled on standard model Towa. Here she is with the Miku Miku hair I bought for her.

I also have Miku NT and she's kind of cute but [covers Miku's ears while typing] ... Miku NT has googly eyes and I don't know if she is my favourite DD. Kagamine Rin is outstanding (and was recently rebooted). If you're happy to get any DD and dress them as Miku then Uzuki Shimamura and Kizuna AI are fantastic DD too.

Having said that, the semi-white skin tone Miku has is a really lovely colour (DD Yor Forger is one of my favourites).

What the world needs is for Sakura Miku to be rebooted.

Oh and I also collect figures and everything else. Today my Yor Forger figure's head fell off after a bad fall 🥵. The enormously good thing about DD is they're generally indestructible - vinyl is extremely tough and even staining is reversible.

I'll warn you that DD are so large that they fall into the "feel kind of real" bracket (and they love getting sisters).

spacer.png

pretty!!!!!!

miku nt is just my favorite ever so i can't help it ! her dollfie is just too cute to me, i gotta have it !

about sakura miku, i was kinda surprised to see they released the hanami outfit without eyes or a wig so maybe they are gearing to re-release her in the near future? i hope so.

Brun2166

It’s nice to meet you. The funny thing about doll collecting is somtimes things you want to buy just show up at a price you can buy without warning 

Xiongmao
1 hour ago, Brun2166 said:

It’s nice to meet you. The funny thing about doll collecting is somtimes things you want to buy just show up at a price you can buy without warning 

I just had a Yahoo Auctions alert for a rare doll triggered this week. Sometimes it takes years for items to appear, but they do pop up eventually.

As for Sakura Miku, I feel pretty certain she'll be rebooted in November/December although it kind of would make sense to release her next spring.

Miku NT's really growing on me. I think it's because she has a new outfit on, and she looks stunning. I'll upload some photos sometime.

Xiongmao-Signature-Vinyl-Dolls-December-2023.jpg.092aa55b9a3c11160633f60ad1610e7c.jpg 

My Dollfie doll family 😊.

asukakanea
On 5/13/2024 at 9:41 PM, c_aw_miko said:

hi i am miko ! 

welcome! I like making dolls of my OC's. I bet Miku will get lots of re-releases! she's super popular world wide!

chupakiba

TRUST ME, MIKUS ARE EVERYWHERE! She was the most produced doll to date, so one form of her will pop up eventually. Don't give up just yet!! 💪

Also, welcome to the forums! 😄 I hope you enjoy your stay here!

1951262810_Kyo1.png.acf2cbe7324928de79a669a246074ce2.png

Life is a series of decisions. You never have unlimited options, or unlimited time to think, but what you choose in that instant defines who you are.