Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

CatGirl

Hello there!

CatGirl

Hi!

I just joined but I've been lurking here for the past few months! I really appreciate how there's so much helpful information on here, especially with how to repair older DDs.

I got into Dollfie Dreams about two years ago with my first DD (Nero Claudius/Saber EXTRA). However I really dove into the hobby over the past few months! I'm primarily an anime figure collector but I'm making the transition to collect more Dollfie Dreams now instead. My most recent arrival is Kud and I absolutely love her.

I'm very excited to attend my first Dolpa in LA later this year!

I also love visual novels, j-pop, and Japanese fashion (mostly lolita).

Nice to meet you!

• Like 8

Tasuke
Posted (edited)

Hello~

i've been into Anime Character Dolls myself since 2001/2002. i'ts been slow going over the years...but i am actually finally getting my small 1/6 Anime Family's act well and truly together.

i've been able to add, just recently, one of my Top Grails to the clan... Sasami Jurai from "Tenchi Muyo!" a wonderfully-lovely proto-Miku Hatsune-esque Lady, - made by TAKARA, and based on their long-running Barbie-style Jenny/Licca Fashion Doll line -

- that i would have loved to have had twenty years ago... and finally in my hands here in 2024; upgraded to her fullest potential care of the outstanding 2018 OBITSU 26cm. Doll Body;

Spoiler

IMG_9848_22343.jpg?width=1920&height=108

Sasami_5-6-24_3_RESIZE_40.png?width=1920

Sasami_5-6-24_4_RESIZE_40.png?width=1920

Sasami_5-9-24_2_RESIZE_50.png?width=1920

_Sasami_s_Undies_5-18-24_RESIZE_40.png?w

Edited by Tasuke

2020164095_ANightatKonomi12-18-23550px.Horizont..png.35eaba54e8b03fbe6a7f7cd252209e94.png

fingerfloss

Hi, welcome! 🥰

Do you have any jpop recs? I'm a huge Perfume fan!!

ragnamuffin
17 minutes ago, fingerfloss said:

I'm a huge Perfume fan!!

Wow that brings me back 😆

fingerfloss
3 hours ago, ragnamuffin said:

Wow that brings me back 😆

I probably should have said I'm a huge fan of Perfume's music, I don't know if they have much of a fandom scene these days. 😆

CatGirl
On 5/18/2024 at 2:53 PM, Tasuke said:

Hello~

i've been into Anime Character Dolls myself since 2001/2002. i'ts been slow going over the years...but i am actually finally getting my small 1/6 Anime Family's act well and truly together.

i've been able to add, just recently, one of my Top Grails to the clan... Sasami Jurai from "Tenchi Muyo!" a wonderfully-lovely proto-Miku Hatsune-esque Lady, - made by TAKARA, and based on their long-running Barbie-style Jenny/Licca Fashion Doll line -

- that i would have loved to have had twenty years ago... and finally in my hands here in 2024; upgraded to her fullest potential care of the outstanding 2018 OBITSU 26cm. Doll Body;

Reveal hidden contents

IMG_9848_22343.jpg?width=1920&height=108

Sasami_5-6-24_3_RESIZE_40.png?width=1920

Sasami_5-6-24_4_RESIZE_40.png?width=1920

Sasami_5-9-24_2_RESIZE_50.png?width=1920

_Sasami_s_Undies_5-18-24_RESIZE_40.png?w

Wow you've been collecting for a long time! Your Sasami doll is way too cute! She's always been my favorite from when I watched Tenchi Muyo back in the day on Cartoon Network.

5 hours ago, fingerfloss said:

Hi, welcome! 🥰

Do you have any jpop recs? I'm a huge Perfume fan!!

Thank you! Oh that's awesome, I love Perfume! I've gotten to see them in concert a few times and they're really incredible. I'd definitely recommend checking out CAPSULE, which is one of Yasutaka Nakataka's other projects. You might also be interested in Tommy february6, Charisma.com, Ami Suzuki, and Especia!

Bad_Luck

Welcome! I'm relatively new to the board as well, but so far everyone is super nice. I'm also a longtime anime fan who's just getting into the vinyl doll/bjd world. I still have my Saiyuki and Yu Yu Hakusho figures from 20+ years ago, lying in a box waiting for me to find space to display them in my apartment lol. 

I'm planning on going to Dolpa LA this year, too! Hopefully I'll see you there!

CatGirl
On 5/19/2024 at 10:12 PM, Bad_Luck said:

Welcome! I'm relatively new to the board as well, but so far everyone is super nice. I'm also a longtime anime fan who's just getting into the vinyl doll/bjd world. I still have my Saiyuki and Yu Yu Hakusho figures from 20+ years ago, lying in a box waiting for me to find space to display them in my apartment lol. 

I'm planning on going to Dolpa LA this year, too! Hopefully I'll see you there!

Thank you! Glad to see someone else who's both new to the board and vinyl dolls, haha. That's awesome you've been collecting figures for so long! I also feel that though, I'm pretty sure my first figure was a Darkstalkers one that I bought 20 years ago too.

Hoping to see you at Dolpa LA too! I'm excited to meet up with others from the forum!

• Like 1

OnlyMonicaDollphotos

Hello, i am new too. Welcome

• Like 1

Xiongmao

Welcome. I think my oldest DD is Erica Fontaine (below). The older ones do have a certain charm. Many of them are still relatively affordable too.

I got into JPop/KPop/Mandopop before it became hugely popular. My favourite JPop artist is Ragdoll (official YouTube here). They're probably more classed as electronic/dance though. Anyway, they're hugely underrated (they're still around but mostly do solo stuff). I saw them live in Akihabara back in 2008 and after a lot of searching managed to acquire their entire back catalogue.

spacer.png

• Like 1

Xiongmao-Signature-Vinyl-Dolls-December-2023.jpg.092aa55b9a3c11160633f60ad1610e7c.jpg 

My Dollfie doll family 😊.

OnlyMonicaDollphotos

She is pretty with with her little smile and the warm, brown Eyes 

CatGirl
On 5/25/2024 at 11:43 AM, Xiongmao said:

Welcome. I think my oldest DD is Erica Fontaine (below). The older ones do have a certain charm. Many of them are still relatively affordable too.

I got into JPop/KPop/Mandopop before it became hugely popular. My favourite JPop artist is Ragdoll (official YouTube here). They're probably more classed as electronic/dance though. Anyway, they're hugely underrated (they're still around but mostly do solo stuff). I saw them live in Akihabara back in 2008 and after a lot of searching managed to acquire their entire back catalogue.

spacer.png

I love your Erica Fontaine! She's beautiful. Sakura Wars in general really has some of the best character designs imo. Most of my DDs are at least 10 years old so I definitely agree!

I've never heard of Ragdoll before but I checked out some of their videos and I really like their style. Japanese music from the 2000s just hits different.

• Like 2

chupakiba
On 5/19/2024 at 2:39 AM, CatGirl said:

I'm primarily an anime figure collector but I'm making the transition to collect more Dollfie Dreams now instead.

Exactly how @rudebuster and I started, haha! We were a huge collector of anime figures, and when we came across our first Dollfie Dream, we were kind of like, "... hey, it's kinda like a larger, more posable figure." Now we don't collect figures so much anymore and we're primarily into dolls because of their massive potential with customization, but hey. Incidentally, our first doll was Saber, and we did own Nero Claudius at one point!

1951262810_Kyo1.png.acf2cbe7324928de79a669a246074ce2.png

Life is a series of decisions. You never have unlimited options, or unlimited time to think, but what you choose in that instant defines who you are.

CatGirl
21 hours ago, condogenate said:

Exactly how @rudebuster and I started, haha! We were a huge collector of anime figures, and when we came across our first Dollfie Dream, we were kind of like, "... hey, it's kinda like a larger, more posable figure." Now we don't collect figures so much anymore and we're primarily into dolls because of their massive potential with customization, but hey. Incidentally, our first doll was Saber, and we did own Nero Claudius at one point!

That's so funny, I didn't realize how common it was for figure collectors to switch over to Dollfie Dreams! I really love the customization aspect too and taking photos of DDs is a lot more fun for me instead of figures. So glad to meet another Nero owner too!!

ragnamuffin
3 hours ago, CatGirl said:

That's so funny, I didn't realize how common it was for figure collectors to switch over to Dollfie Dreams!

It makes sense when you consider that Dollfie is a portmanteau of “doll” and “figure”. They were always meant to be dolls you could pose like figures, or figures you could dress up like dolls.

chupakiba
50 minutes ago, ragnamuffin said:

It makes sense when you consider that Dollfie is a portmanteau of “doll” and “figure”.

Ok, I didn't know that was where they came up with the term. I always wondered where it came from. But now that you mention it, it makes perfect sense. Dolls are a more versatile figure that doesn't just sit there, haha. 😄

• Like 1

1951262810_Kyo1.png.acf2cbe7324928de79a669a246074ce2.png

Life is a series of decisions. You never have unlimited options, or unlimited time to think, but what you choose in that instant defines who you are.

CatGirl
On 6/11/2024 at 2:15 AM, ragnamuffin said:

It makes sense when you consider that Dollfie is a portmanteau of “doll” and “figure”. They were always meant to be dolls you could pose like figures, or figures you could dress up like dolls.

That explains so much!! No wonder why the figure collector to Dollfie Dream pipeline is so real haha