Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

chupakiba

Kyrie's Portfolio

chupakiba

I know I haven't been posting a lot lately. Stress, health issues, and the like. Heat is not good for my condition. :classic_laugh: Also, I'm in the process of replacing my Sony α7c with something a little high-powered (like a laser beam). Currently, I'm looking into a Sony R7 IV, but whether that ends up being the final result remains to be seen. When I got my α7c, I was actually looking into an α7c II. But for now, you guys will have to suffer with iPhone photos. Sufferrrrrrrr.

I really haven't been in the mood to photograph much since my last post; this is the first time in several days. A lot of stress and depression can do that to ya.

We did manage to find this very Obanai-ish shirt on DollyTeria though, and it fits him perfectly. Now all he needs is his Mitsuri, who is finally in the works~

spacer.png

I'm sorry, after using professional-grade cameras for so long, I can definitely see the downgrade in quality in smartphone cameras. Apple can say they have the bestest smartphone camera in the world—but I think it will still pale in comparison to a good full-frame DSLR/Mirrorless.

• Like 2

545972490_Susie2.png.eab8887c0fb432ddafd68b121f442db8.png

Sometimes you're Godzilla and sometimes you're Tokyo.

chupakiba
Posted (edited)

My doll collection is full (for now) with the completion of my final doll project, Mitsuri!

spacer.png

It's about time too, because I'm about to have a not-so-fun second half of the week where I won't be able to take any photos at all, but I'll try to get in what I can before then! Especially of Obanai and Mitsuri together, now that they're both completed~

Edit: Now with bonus Akaza with his ankle beads! Yeah, we finally got those done after sitting on that project for a couple weeks!

spacer.png

Still wearing that 'ol wheat shirt, I see there, eh, Akaza?

Edited by condogenate
  • Like 5

Ayrell

Loved looking at your dolls! You've both done a wonderful job on them. 👏🏻 Mitsuri is so colourful, love her eyes, wig and make-up! And those ankle beads Akaza has are just adorable!

• Thanks 1

chupakiba
16 hours ago, Ayrell said:

Loved looking at your dolls! You've both done a wonderful job on them. 👏🏻 Mitsuri is so colourful, love her eyes, wig and make-up! And those ankle beads Akaza has are just adorable!

Oh, thank you very much! I'll let @rudebuster know that you think her faceup is good~ Honestly, I'm surprised Mitsuri's hair came out so well, I haven't braided hair in over twenty years. I think @rudebuster did most of the work with the ankle beads as well, I just picked out the beads and cords to match the size of the doll at first, and tied the cords at the end. :classic_laugh:

• Like 1

chupakiba

I won't be able to take photos for a while for personal reasons, so I'll leave you this as a momentary parting gift!

spacer.png

There's a long story about the alternate wig for Mitsuri, the clothes she's wearing, and the hands, that involves some asshole taxi driver that I'm not going to get into, but man, was that stressful. Not something I needed for what's coming tomorrow. I love how Kaburamaru is wrapped around the both of them, though. There needs to be more Kaburamaru. ❤️

• Like 3

Ayrell

A sweet picture! Kabumaru seems very protective of them both. 🤍 Sorry you had a bad experience, and best of luck with tomorrow! Hope to see pics of your dolls again soon!

• Thanks 1

chupakiba
On 7/30/2024 at 7:03 PM, Ayrell said:

A sweet picture! Kabumaru seems very protective of them both. 🤍 Sorry you had a bad experience, and best of luck with tomorrow! Hope to see pics of your dolls again soon!

Thank you! I rated the guy a one star on the taxi app, he was a dick. But anyway,

I lied. I was able to take a photo before the nurses realized what I was doing, and who knows, I may take a couple more of him around my room. 🤷‍♀️ So meet our patient, Kyojuro Rengoku.

spacer.png

He doesn't want to be here as much as I do. He'd much rather be back at home with his black kitty, Kaname; and I with my three black cats. Btw, he's the one who coined the term "hoshital," just wanted to let you all know that.

• Like 2

chupakiba

I'm getting out tomorrow! Yay! To celebrate, here is a photo of my two companions, Kyojuro (doll) and Akane (plush) sitting on the tv stand next to my bed. My third companion, @rudebuster, refuses to ever get in front of a camera, so she'll never be in a photo. 🙁

spacer.png

LET'S GET THE HELL OUTTA HERE! 💪

• Like 3

Ayrell

So glad you're getting out tomorrow! I hope everything went well. Glad you have plenty of company! Love how Kyojuro is also wearing the hospital clothes. Nice detail! :)

• Thanks 1

chupakiba

I'm out! Everything went okay. I couldn't resist not bringing him in his hospital pajamas, it's his "favorite" place to be. 😉 

• Like 1

chupakiba
Posted (edited)

Giyuu and Mitsuri's Demon Slayer uniforms came! Finally! I got photos of both of them in their uniforms. I can't wait for my Sony α7R IV. 😅 First off is Mitsuri, I think I got her in a cool pose with her pulling out her nichirin sword.

spacer.png

And next up is Giyuu! I think he's thinking about horses.

spacer.png

I don't have much funny stuff to add today, my vision is f'ed up and I can barely read what I'm writing. Adiós, amigos!

Edited by condogenate
  • Like 6

chupakiba
Posted (edited)

Long time, no see! Health issues have been keeping me away, and I really don't like taking iPhone photos. To me, the quality is just not there. Apple can spout out their ass how good their iPhone camera is, but you can't beat a good DSLR/Mirrorless camera. Which, yay, payday came in and I was able to buy a Sony α7R IV body and 85mm 1.4 lens. I'm so happy! It is a bit heavy, so I can't expect long photography sessions, but I never do that anyway. I don't get that many ideas at a time, haha. 😁

My first subject with the new camera none other than the idol herself, Ai Hoshino; she (not so) recently got a new version of her outfit that was better quality than her older one, so I wanted to take photos of her in it as I haven't done it yet.

spacer.png

She looks good, and you can't even see the cat hairs that are inevitably on her outfit somewhere. 😉

Edited by chupakiba
  • Like 7

PlasticJester

My QUEEN! I recently watched the first episode of Oshi no Ko with my girlfriend, and we both adore Ai!! That wig captures her hair color perfectly, I'm not a fan of just a pure purple wig on her. Between Oshi no Ko and Zombieland Saga, I'm somehow getting into idol anime.

• Thanks 1

592108676_DollGroupPixel.png.059a2d02f02ccb8975d8c8461ef7b1cc.png

chupakiba
9 minutes ago, PlasticJester said:

My QUEEN! I recently watched the first episode of Oshi no Ko with my girlfriend, and we both adore Ai!! That wig captures her hair color perfectly, I'm not a fan of just a pure purple wig on her. Between Oshi no Ko and Zombieland Saga, I'm somehow getting into idol anime.

Ai is @rudebuster’s personal favorite as well! Me, I have my heart set on a character who shows up later in the show, haha. You know us, only perfection for our dolls. Not just any old wig would do, we have to have the best we can find—and this wig was actually meant for an Ai doll.

just realizing how much “Ai doll” sounds like “idol,” haha. 😄

• Like 1

chupakiba
Posted (edited)

@rudebuster and I got two more dolls yesterday. I cross my fingers at the Fate/ franchise, but there is one character that I was fond of when I was in the fandom, and I realized I still have a thing for him to this day. That would be Siegfried from Fate/Apocrypha. He, along with Akane Kurokawa and Kyojuro Rengoku create my Holy Trinity. Haha. 😁 Of course, that would be blasphemous to @rudebuster's favorite, Georgios. We've been thinking about it for awhile, but held off due to money issues, but yesterday we decided to go ahead and shell them into dolls. I also got Siegfried a bunch of his CE outfits, ssh. Not doing the armors though, sorry. Not that invested in Fate/ to do that.

The thing though is, and honestly NOT ENOUGH PEOPLE DO THIS HINT HINT, is that we pair Siegfried and Georgios together. Why not? They've got a lot in common: they were both dragon slayers; in one of the stories, Chaldea was searching for Georgios because he was the only one who could heal Siegfried; they were both Christian (Siegfried in the Nibelungenlied, though I'm sure not to the point Georgios was)...

Sorry Kriemhild, we still like you too.

Embrace it, like they do. Perfect use of the heart hands.

spacer.png

Here's another photo, further away. I did have a little trouble taking the photos because @rudebuster keeps the room icebox cold, and it's the middle of the summer, so the engawa was hot. So, of course, there was fogging on the lens. But I tried to make do!

spacer.png

We also got a bunch of other goodies from Volks yesterday, including the shark hoodie I've been wanting (yay!) and the penguin kigurumi. After finding out about little Akane's stuffed penguin, there was only one who would wear the penguin kigurumi:

spacer.png

Btw, @PlasticJester, this is my girl from Oshi no Ko! Hehe. I hope you guys (as we say in Jersey) like the photos!

Edited by chupakiba
  • Like 6

chupakiba

I was really on a roll this morning! I have quite a few photos for you all today~

First off, we added a bit of eyeshadow to Zenon's faceup. It just wouldn't be her without some vibrant eyeshadow. Tbh, I sort of based her character off the song "Girl All the Bad Guys Want" by Bowling With Soup. She ain't a good girl. 😆 There's a long story how she got that way, but I won't get into it; just some drama about a dysfunctional (found, mostly) family and a unintentionally negligent mother. She spent her days at derelict sites smoking and trying to corrupt the stoic rich kid into being a delinquent just like her. Which she eventually came to regret when they met someone new at one of those derelict sites.

spacer.png

With a 85mm lens, I needed a little more room than the engawa allowed for this photo (sometimes I use the engawa because @rudebuster yells at me for disturbing her sleep when I'm ready to take photos; that woman is too obsessed with sleep 😜). But I liked how her legs were posed, so I added a photo of those as well.

spacer.png

Here's another shot of her at another location. I felt these didn't show off her eyeshadow as well, so I took one that definitely did. 😀

spacer.png

KEY CHANGE, MOFO!

Now I did photos of two other characters. The first is Mitsuri with her big bust, enjoying some sakura mochi dango.

spacer.png

And finally, we have Siegfried looking at himself in the mirror, wondering just who exactly he is. Sometimes he has trouble believing he is who he is, and it may take a personal quest for him to accept it.

spacer.png

See you, space cowboy. 🤠

• Like 3

Sord

Nice, nice, nice! Loving their style, poses, and character info. I'm reminded of the photo I have of my ol' DD Teri in a colorful wig, as well as a mirror pic that I took of Saber Alter long ago. Imma have to dig those up.

• Thanks 1

chupakiba
3 hours ago, Sord said:

Nice, nice, nice! Loving their style, poses, and character info. I'm reminded of the photo I have of my ol' DD Teri in a colorful wig, as well as a mirror pic that I took of Saber Alter long ago. Imma have to dig those up.

Thank you very much! I'd love to see the photos if you ever manage to dig them up~

• Like 1

chupakiba
34 minutes ago, Sord said:

I got the photos up. Btw, "Bowling with Soup" seemed a little familiar, so I looked it up on YT and whoa did I get a cool blast from the past! I like that song too and it was fun to see that vid again. @onion20@  https://www.dolldreaming.com/gallery/album/16-dolls-i-no-longer-own/ 

Whoa, holy crap, Teri looks a lot like Zenon! And that is totally an outfit I would want to put her in. I've always wanted to put her in holographic outfits and spandex, because she's also based on Zenon from Zenon: Girl of the 21st Century (but with more of a badass 'tude). And the mirror photo! Why do we have so many similarities!?

• Haha 1

ragnamuffin
2 hours ago, chupakiba said:

Why do we have so many similarities!?

You might be each other’s spirit animal 🤭

• Haha 3

Sord

Great minds think alike too. @onion9@Anyway, now I'll have to look up this Zenon flick.

chupakiba
2 hours ago, Sord said:

Anyway, now I'll have to look up this Zenon flick.

It's a Disney Channel movie from 1999, which is when I first saw it, and it has shaped a lot of my aesthetic to this day. It's a guilty pleasure of mine, I have to admit. :classic_laugh:

• Like 1

chupakiba
Posted (edited)

Haven't felt like updating in a while, so here's a few photos taken over the course of several days.

First, and @rudebuster is going to kill me for this, I took a photo of her Tahomaru DDB with her giant 16lb Tahomaru plushie. There's no doubt in your mind who her favorite is, is there? 😉

spacer.png

Second, Kyojuro in his shark hoodie, greeting a new member of the community. They were excited to see Rengoku-san, so I was glad I picked him to be the greeter!

spacer.png

Third, I found @rudebuster's seamstress on Facebook (shudder), and I wanted to add my own two cents on how well her sewing is because she made an outfit for me as well. I took this photo last night to show her how the outfit looked on my boy.

spacer.png

And finally, I wanted to take a photo of my girl Shinobu. She hasn't been getting enough love, even though she's highest blorbo (ugh, I hate that term) status. I'd take more photos of her, but we don't have that many clothes for girls (most of our dolls are boys) and what we do have is taken by our other girls, haha. But Shinobu needs more photos! 💪

spacer.png

T-t-t-that's all for today, folks! (Oh god, I hated those cartoons as a kid.)

Edited by chupakiba
  • Like 3

chupakiba

Shinobu and Ai had a pajama party! They just look so cute in these little pajamas. Ai had to have the one with the bunny slippers, of course, because she kind of has a bunny motif going on. Shinobu has a bunny too; her CRAFTHOLIC x Kimetsu no Yaiba dakimakura bunny!

spacer.png

• Like 6