Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Sign in to follow this  
Thespian

What is your Favorite Body?

Thespian

Hi, friends!

I recently came to the realization that, try as I might to avoid it, I seem to gravitate back to the DDS as my preferred body. Don't get me wrong, I love the shapeliness of the Dynamite body, and the OG DD body is a classic for a reason, but most of the limited releases I adore? DDS. My own custom 06 twins? DDS. I cannot escape their slightly petite loveliness!

Are you a DD purist and stick to the original body? Are you filling the ranks of your vinyl army with MDDs? Are you into the buxom curves of Dynamite girls? I want to know! Tell me about your favorite body and why you love it!

• Like 1

Kiyomi DDS DDH-06 🧡 Miyuki DDS DDH-06 🧡 Shiori DDS Mariko Summer Festival 🧡 Kanade DDDy DDH-07 🧡 Honoka DD DDH-09 🧡 Unnamed DDS Anthy Himemiya

Any pronouns are fine

0bsequi0us

I can't really say because I haven't ever handled any of the big bodies, but currently my fave is the MDD Integrated Asexual body. I thought the lack of bust joint would bother me, but to be honest MDDs have kind of awkward chest movement anyways. It's just so much cuter than the standard torso imo, and more versatile because it could easily be a boy or a girl. The only downside is that Volks refuses to actually sell it.

I have my suspicions that Chimikko may be in the running when it finally goes up for sale, though 👀

BelliniZinfandel_plasticjester.png.f2531efee3a0885fc0ddeec99e67bff2.png

Pixel art by @PlasticJester !

ragnamuffin
4 hours ago, 0bsequi0us said:

I have my suspicions that Chimikko may be in the running when it finally goes up for sale, though 👀

I think this is going to be my answer as well, but for now, of the Volks bodies I own (MDD/DDS/DD), it’s probably the DDS.

My favourite non-Volks body is possibly the YmY Yo-tai body or the Picconeemo P body. I love tiny dolls so if it’s small and has well-balanced proportions then I probably like it 😄

• Like 1

PlasticJester

I have an MMD S Bust and a DDP right now, and I would say I like them both about equally! I've mostly only had 1/4 dolls even in resin, and my one 1/3 is both too big for me to display atm and too um....shapely to find tops for easily, so I would say in general I lean towards the smaller end of the Dollfie spectrum. I do wanna get a DDS or DD eventually just to know what it's like!

• Like 1

592108676_DollGroupPixel.png.059a2d02f02ccb8975d8c8461ef7b1cc.png

battrastard

For me, it depends on the Kiddo's character. Six (soon to be 7) MDDs, Four DDs, one DDP, three DDS and three DDdyso far.

If I pick up a head, it might take me a bit of "body swapping" to see how they look, as I try to figure out who they are, and sometimes, they let me know right off. 

• Haha 1

"Madness takes it's toll, Please have exact change!"

BeyondTime

For me for sure it's the DDS-f3, but after that the DD-f3 2.0 body. 

1 MDD, 2 DDP, 3 DDDy, 32 DDS, 30 DD, 4 SDGr, 2 SD16, 1 SD13, 2 Azone, 3 CP/Fairyland, 1 Iplehouse.

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

MoiBakaDesu

I actually only have a DDB and DDSB in my posession, so these are naturally my favs ... well, of course I adore my boys, BUT when it comes to body sculpting there is a lot to be desired. Overall I have to admit that I am not a big fan on how the separation between the chest and lower torso looks with dollfies, I am more a fan of nice, curved lines ...

That is also the reason why I never commited to getting any MDD, although I keep dancing around them, maybe if an artist made boy torso pops up that works with the new MDD body.

I will keep an eye on the new Chimikko body, although I don't really need more 1/6 dolls, but we will see ...

Xiongmao

I really like the DDS too. The best thing about DD-f3 is you can swivvel their wrists around. I really like doing that.

I have mixed feelings about the boy dolls but Kaito has really nice legs.

The mochi-ashi MDDs are so cool. Hana (below) is just so awesome. Right now I'm making her something really cool. I feel like Richter in his shop 😁. The worst part though was extracting her hand pegs so she could pop in her gripping hands. Normally I just buy a load of hand pegs so all the hands are ready to swap out.

spacer.png

• Like 2

Xiongmao-Signature-Vinyl-Dolls-December-2023.jpg.092aa55b9a3c11160633f60ad1610e7c.jpg 

My Dollfie doll family 😊.

baldylox

Hands down it's the DDdy body in all its variants.  My first doll ever was on an original DDdy body and that's what I love most.  The curves, the look of it in lingerie and swimwear, it's just perfect.  I know people hate the huge, gravity defying floating boobs on them but they work so well when stuffed into tight shirts and pretty lingerie!

And even tho the newer bodies do offer more posability than the older ones, I still prefer the old DDdy and DD2 bodies over others.  They're way more sturdy and still pose very well.  They also don't get loose joints as quickly as newer versions did.  I know the new F3 bodies are adjustable and I really like those.... but they still feel more fragile to me than the old school originals.

Billy

• Like 6

I gave up counting the girls I own, they keep multiplying and won't stop.

scripple

The DD3 and its white skin variant for me as I really like my arctic kitsune.  😛 

I found the DD3 a nice step up from the DD2 when it came out, especially at the elbows movement-wise and shoulders appearance-wise, although its tendency for the legs to come off the pelvis pegs has always been annoying.  Same flaw exists on the DDS as well. 

I've never done stories (the former major source of my interacting with dolls) with anything on the new F3 bodies, but in the little I have played with them I just don't really feel it's much of an upgrade.  I'm very annoyed that with all the new body revisions Volks refuses to address the biggest DD articulation limitation - single jointed knees.

As to the boys I've always felt Volks was pretty lazy with them too.   I refer to them as DD-SSS bust dolls.

• Like 1

Check out my new DollFun website.  Share your own doll photos with free image hosting.

BeyondTime
3 hours ago, baldylox said:

I know people hate the huge, gravity defying floating boobs on them but they work so well when stuffed into tight shirts and pretty lingerie!

That's the thing, they're vinyl so they have one fixed shape. The doll is meant to be clothed, so the shape is made to fit a clothed look, and so they defy gravity in a way that boobs filled with fleshy stuff wouldn't. 

• Like 1

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

honooko
On 6/5/2024 at 6:44 AM, baldylox said:

Hands down it's the DDdy body in all its variants.  My first doll ever was on an original DDdy body and that's what I love most.  The curves, the look of it in lingerie and swimwear, it's just perfect.  I know people hate the huge, gravity defying floating boobs on them but they work so well when stuffed into tight shirts and pretty lingerie!

And even tho the newer bodies do offer more posability than the older ones, I still prefer the old DDdy and DD2 bodies over others.  They're way more sturdy and still pose very well.  They also don't get loose joints as quickly as newer versions did.  I know the new F3 bodies are adjustable and I really like those.... but they still feel more fragile to me than the old school originals.

Billy

On 6/5/2024 at 10:42 AM, BeyondTime said:

That's the thing, they're vinyl so they have one fixed shape. The doll is meant to be clothed, so the shape is made to fit a clothed look, and so they defy gravity in a way that boobs filled with fleshy stuff wouldn't. 

I have never held a DD of any kind in my own two hands (new to the vinyl side of things) and someone once told me that the Dynamite girls had... not a joint, exactly, but the Dynamite in question could be squished further together to add extra oomph as needed. Is that true?! Are DDDy headlights... adjustable?!

Cazzie_Bliss
Posted (edited)

I think my favourite is also the DDS. It's just very slender and I love the fist hands they always come with (even if I can like... just buy those hands for any body type) - Then followed by the standard DD body. I'm old-fashioned and prefer the DD2 bodies compared to the 3 and f3, but I think that's because they're what I know best (even if Tsubaki is waaay more floppy than she used to be and could use an upgrade).  

I do enjoy the shape of the DDdy - I really like how the bust connects to the torso, and the only MDD body I've ever owned was one of the original floppy things haha. (And DDP is my least favourite for sure. The proportions are all off somehow, even though if I ever make a custom Homura Akemi, she's destined for a DDP)

TL;DR - DDS then DD

Edited by Cazzie_Bliss

1201080411_Signature4.png.d6bd2feda415abca0856a7c2e72df054.png                                                                                                     

BeyondTime
3 hours ago, honooko said:

Are DDDy headlights... adjustable?!

I'd never tried, but now I just spent the morning squeezing doll boobs, and yes the DDDy boobs can be squished together a bit. It doesn't really work with the DD / DDS busts.

Looking at the way it deforms on the DDDy, both L & L-Shapely, it's because the vinyl cuts off right below the bust and that allows the vinyl to deform in between the boobs in a way that lets them sort of fold together instead of deforming the way they do in the DD / DDS. I doubt Volks designed it that way on purpose. 

No Towa's were harmed during the performance of this experiment. 

2 hours ago, Cazzie_Bliss said:

The proportions are all off somehow

For me the issue with MDD & DDP is the arm length vs. head size, and how that affects posing the arms above and around the head. I think on the DDP the arms just look a bit short. 

• Haha 1

PlasticJester

I can see the DDP arms looking short, but I have DD hands on mine, so I think it evens out. Now if only Volks would make more option parts and clothes for them...

• Like 1

592108676_DollGroupPixel.png.059a2d02f02ccb8975d8c8461ef7b1cc.png

Xiongmao

Miku: don't you find those things make your back ache?

Towa: nyan, nyan, nyan, nyan, nyan 😁.

spacer.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Xiongmao-Signature-Vinyl-Dolls-December-2023.jpg.092aa55b9a3c11160633f60ad1610e7c.jpg 

My Dollfie doll family 😊.

Catfishy2u

I love the MDD 2.0 body. If the new 1/3 body is as good as MDD 2.0, I may fall in love with that size. 

im more of a 1/4 collector. I prefer the adult sculpts, but the 1/4 is more comfortable for me so all my 1/4 are chibi versions 

howasaur

I prefer DDS over the other body types. That's probably why I got a DDS Dream Choice while I was in Japan and am planning 2 more DDS dolls.

I personally feel like DDS has the most realistic looking proportions. I am not particularly fond of super slim and tall/long dolls. That's part of the reason I am not fond of most BJDs. I think DD is too tall and skinny for my preference and I would rather get a DDDy over a DD. I'd probably like DD more if it had fuller thighs. Might be controversial, but I think DDDy busts are just too big. I like the way DD/DDS busts modified onto DDDy look over the very large Volks DDDy bust offerings.